Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Bosses are too hard to beat…

I was running through the game, enjoying myself and the quests, then suddenly there was a quest that requires me to kill a certain boss. The first three times I tried it were all failures. The only successful run I had was when I formed a party with a player with the same quest. That happened early in the game. I was wondering if all the bosses are going to be that hard.

Comments

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Well im level 20 and ive been able to kill every boss with not much trouble. Like the hellfish fairy I just use the scroll of vortex u got on quest before that , use like 2-3 per turn she goes down easy. and the archer boss in the temple i jut made my range go straight for her since shes really weak. If you read the notes on the right side it gives you hints on how to beat them. Like silence them with archers and all that. The only boss that gave me some trouble, but I was still able to kill alone was the shaman, adn even then i just used my archer to silence and just mauled her using some scrolls.

• gellybeansgellybeans Member Posts: 86

Well if you're having a hard time dealing with boss battles, You might as well consider changing your lineup or try grinding a few levels so that you won't have a hard time with bosses. That's the logical thing to do when you're playing rpg games right? you need to be strong enough so that you can beat bosses without consuming too much pots or jeopordizing your mercs so that they can have the exp. when defeating a boss.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

hmm.... forming a group to take down a boss, where in the world did that concept ever get started?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Kyleran

hmm.... forming a group to take down a boss, where in the world did that concept ever get started?

*snicker*

*wink*

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Another thing I'd add is enchanting your gear. As long as you have stamina, its easy to get spirit and enchant boxes. Just grind some mobs and make sure all your stuff is enchanted and all your mercs are well equipped.

My main is only 21, but he has a +4 (almost +5) sword, and generally +2-3 armor, with the rest having +3 or close to weapons and +1-2 armor, and I havent had much issues. I am on the quest for the Shaman in the Yellow ruins, but havent tried her yet, but the hellish fairy was pretty easy for me with just my main (swordsman), spearman, archer, and gunner, didn't even need to silence her (i was lvl 14 when i fought her)

Another thing is to make sure your mercs are upgraded when they hit 20, that will help a bit too :P

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

In facts you dont need a group for these boss, like the other said try to change your formation and your tactic. Try to buy better equipements, even for your mercs. This combat system is a lot like the turn based rpg from the old time like Final Fantasy, dragon warrior etc.

Boss have always a weakness so find it and use it. If you do so the it will became easy enough.

• PustulioPustulio Member Posts: 80

I ran out of scroll of vortex and got stuck in killing the margo's evil archer. Can I beat this mob without using any scrolls? If not, can you tell me where can I buy more vortx scrolls. I checked the market and there weren't any. Please help! BTW, my main is a shaman, and I have 1sword, 2 spear, 1 archer.

My formation:

x     x     x

x

x

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

tactics my dear, its all about tactics. attack the mobs first then the boss. try to use scroll magics such as vortex, it will give damage to the mobs for easier killing. do not heal party unless necessary, it will take time for the cool-down of the healing magic. focus target on one enemy at a time for sure killing and decreases the amount of damage you will inflict. dont forget that there are still useful items in the inventory, use it.

of course you have to check your level. dont play it hard coz you are not enough level to defeat it. you might as well, try other weaker enemies to gain experience first. talk about sacrificial jizo, bosses are not a thing to kid around.

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

Maximize your scroll... beating bosses is easy if you have proper equips, proper item and p[roper level..your level and the boss level shouldnt have level gap... in items use your scroll to take down his mob and you can also damage the boss... use your range attack to nuke the boss and your melee to penetrate the formation of your enemy....

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Well i for me i didnt have to use a scroll in fact i dont think i ever use one... So you dont have to use them to kill boss but they are a plus.

• conqistadorconqistador Member Posts: 237

from my experience boss battles early on are hard especially if you dont know what youare doing. I myself died three times trying to defeat that hell boss at the start. but eventually with good strategy and proper equipments boss battles are not necessarily easier but more fun to strategically defeat

• lordlapselordlapse Member Posts: 231

Because my line up is made up of mostly AoE's, (just one swordsman to give the boss a beating) I decided to use the bewtiching scrolls to add damage makers to my party. Anyways thanks your the tips, I heard them all and they're quite interesting but not of all of them is suitable for my line up. Keep posting more ideas here.

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

so far, im also having problems with beating hellish fairy.

my lineup is two swordsmen, a gunner, a shaman and the cannoneer as the main character.

any tips on how to beat it?

• MatutinoMatutino Member UncommonPosts: 64

Save your scroll of vortex you get to do bosses and burn em to death :D

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Something I figured out: If you go for the boss and kill it, the other monsters will run away.  Also make sure you have upgraded your mercs if they are lvl 20.

• johnnyboy666johnnyboy666 Member Posts: 80

They're bosses. They're supposed to be hard to beat. Like all bosses though, there are strategies involved to beating them.

Originally posted by joeyboots

Something I figured out: If you go for the boss and kill it, the other monsters will run away.  Also make sure you have upgraded your mercs if they are lvl 20.

Yep I saw that. Can't seem to hold the laughter in. However, it goes the same for your main character. The moment it dies, your mercs also run. Now thats quite a shame.

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

The easiest solution for minibosses is partying. Since both of you can get credit for the kill anyway, For solo bosses, I find that using scrolls to clear away the mobs is very effective. The bosses are prettty east without their mobs, so once you're able to clear away the mobs, then the boss is just a matter of time.

That was the exact tactic I used for Hellish Fairy. Just two runs of the scroll will be enough to wipe out all of the small monsters. Then go all out skilling for the main boss. Though as you gain more mercenaries, (in my case I got more AoE's so mobbing is quite easy) the need for scrolls diminishes. I just use some out of habit. After all after using one you can still attack.

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

THe Hellish fairy is the only difficult boss i've come across but I still didn't die.  I guess it was my fault for having all my mercs clumped together against a boss with aoe attacks.

Right now I have 2 spearmen (1 of them is my main), a shaman, a gunner, and a swordsman. 

'Nuff said with Hellish Fairy. I had some difficult runs with other bosses too. I just used enchantment on other mobs to help me. As with main dungeon, just reinforcements. If anyone has any information on other bosses, please post them here... I don't know the next boss after that big dragon I battled the last time LOL

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

The only tough bosses for me seem to be the caster-types, but that's easily fixed with a silence scroll.  Maybe it's because I bought rediculously OP gear for my level, because I can also easily solo the shadow dungeon (place where 3 mobs attack you at once).

I haven't made it to the dragon you're talking about though 

• bam555bam555 Member Posts: 51

Well im lvl 54 now, some bosses have been easy some tough, right now im stuck on elizabeth :( best advice i can give you is to keep trying diffrent strategies and if that doesnt work just go lvl up some more, upgrade ur weps and armor a bit then try again :P. also if you can have a group for a boss then you should.  some simple boss strats are either, burn down all the small monsters first then kill boss, or focus fire boss and ignore others lol. also silence/freeze are ur friends, use them frequently.

However the party limit is at 3 players right? If the devs are gonna make some more diificult bosses, then 3 players might not be enough (Though right now I think its plenty LOL). I think they should consider increasing the number of players forming a party if they're gonna do some more difficult bosses.