Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Guides?

MordothMordoth Member UncommonPosts: 65

So I downloaded the game and played via the free trial over the weekend and had a lot of fun.  It's a beautiful game, although I think the character models could use some improvements. But still certainly a step up from WoW (I've cancelled my sub to it btw).

What I'd like to read up more on is character development, i.e. what kind of skills a class develops, where, when and how to gain new skills, etc.  I played a hunter and a champion the most over the weekend and had to ask in chat if hunters get medium armor, etc.  The wikipedia page has a chart, but no info on how to acquire these skills.

Once my free trial is over, I plan on buying the game and the expansion when it's released.

Comments

• Bedlem3342Bedlem3342 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Mordoth
    So I downloaded the game and played via the free trial over the weekend and had a lot of fun.  It's a beautiful game, although I think the character models could use some improvements. But still certainly a step up from WoW (I've cancelled my sub to it btw).
    What I'd like to read up more on is character development, i.e. what kind of skills a class develops, where, when and how to gain new skills, etc.  I played a hunter and a champion the most over the weekend and had to ask in chat if hunters get medium armor, etc.  The wikipedia page has a chart, but no info on how to acquire these skills.
    Once my free trial is over, I plan on buying the game and the expansion when it's released.

I have yet to really check out the hunter class. I believe they do get medium armor though.

You get your new skills by training them at one of your class trainers located in areas around the world. Right now you want to look in bree or archet for your class trainers. New skills are purchased and automatically thrown in your skills list which you then have to drag into your hotbar to use.

Honestly my only real problem ever was character development in lotro< i wish skills were a little more customizable. All classes get the same skills so besides geer and skill at the keybored and connection speed all classes that are the same have equal potential.

What server are you on?

• MordothMordoth Member UncommonPosts: 65

I'm playing on Firefoot.  I saw how to train skills when I level, been doing that.  Level 8 hunter and Level 8 Champion.  There's definately differences in the types of skills that character classes get.  Hunters can't wear heavy armor and Champions can for instance.

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

lorebook.lotro.com is probably your best bet. Its the official wiki site for the game and has a lot of good information. Just look through it and you will probably find what you need. (The community created guides on that site are really good pieces of info)

• MordothMordoth Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by blindside044

lorebook.lotro.com is probably your best bet. Its the official wiki site for the game and has a lot of good information. Just look through it and you will probably find what you need. (The community created guides on that site are really good pieces of info)

Thanks!  I'll check it out.  When I'm at work and it's slow and boring, I like to read stuff about the game I am playing.  Helps pass the time at work.  However, when I'm home, I too busy playing to waste all that time reading stuff.