Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with flight master system in WAR

OK, I'm only level 13 and still trying to figure out a lot of things in the game, so any help would be appreciated.  I have a couple of questions about the flight system that nobody has seemed to have an answer for yet in my guild.  Can someone help with these questions please:

1) when looking at available flight points, in the Chaos side I can see Norsca on the map, but it's not available for a flight point.  Am I missing something - why does it appear on my flight map?

2) When looking at my flight map, sometimes it appears that more flight points are available from places I've never visited before.  How did I get those flight points?

3) Sometimes (and I may be wrong about this) it appears that there are certain flight points available, but when I look later, I swear they are no longer available.  Is there some connection between control and the availability of flight points?

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

1. Flight masters are available in all Warcamps; each zone has a Warcamp for Order and a Warcamp for Destruction.

2. If a flight path is locked it is because:

a. You are not high enough to go to that Tier and you don't know the way.

b. Your realm lost control of that zone.

3. The flight path to your capital city should almost always be open to you. If it is not, see 2b above.

4. If you started out in the Elven or the Dwarf/Greenskin lands, you will need to switch your flight path window's view to the Chaos/Empire lands in order to be able to select Aldorf or the Inevitable City. Why? Because the Inevitable City is in the Chaos lands and Aldorf is in the Empire lands! You do this by clicking "Chaos vs. Empire" in the upper right corner of your flight path window. Then just click on the city's icon.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

1. Flight masters are available in all Warcamps; each zone has a Warcamp for Order and a Warcamp for Destruction.

3. The flight path to your capital city should almost always be open to you. If it is not, see 2b above.
    4. If you started out in the Elven or the Dwarf/Greenskin lands, you will need to switch your flight path window's view to the Chaos/Empire lands in order to be able to select Aldorf or the Inevitable City. Why? Because the Inevitable City is in the Chaos lands and Aldorf is in the Empire lands! You do this by clicking "Chaos vs. Empire" in the upper right corner of your flight path window. Then just click on the city's icon.

2b does not happen a flight master never turns off they can not take over your warcamp only the zone. 

If it snot available to you the zone is either 1 full or 2 not available due to level if (if your too high its cause your on an Open PvP server). 

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

1. right - but why do they show points for places like Norsca and Chrace?  there aren't warcamps there, but there are "flight points" that appear when you speak to the flight master.

2.  I'm not sure if it's because we lost control of the realm or not.  They were mostly tier 1 points and some tier 2 points.  Seems that there have been some points that were available but later they were not.  And it's not because I wasn't high enough level - they were tier 1 and 2 points.

4.  Yea - this took me a few seconds to figure out, but you're right, it was a little confusing at first.

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123

So, it seems that nobody knows the answers to these questions.  Anyone else trying to figure these things out?  My complaint is that the user manual is a little on the "worthless" side and doesn't explain a lot of what's going on.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by StinkyPits

OK, I'm only level 13 and still trying to figure out a lot of things in the game, so any help would be appreciated.  I have a couple of questions about the flight system that nobody has seemed to have an answer for yet in my guild.  Can someone help with these questions please:

1) when looking at available flight points, in the Chaos side I can see Norsca on the map, but it's not available for a flight point.  Am I missing something - why does it appear on my flight map?
     Norsca is the Empiral side of the map you can walk there but you can't fly there...thats why its not selectable.
    2) When looking at my flight map, sometimes it appears that more flight points are available from places I've never visited before.  How did I get those flight points?
     Tier 2 and up have multiple war camps so there'll be multiple places to fly too. THey automatically open up when you reach the appropriate level to start going there OR if you go there before hand.  There's really no reason to go there if your not the right level or higher.
    3) Sometimes (and I may be wrong about this) it appears that there are certain flight points available, but when I look later, I swear they are no longer available.  Is there some connection between control and the availability of flight points?
     I think you're imaging things.  Unless the zone has crashed.
    Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

The user manual is perfectly usuable ... it just assumes the person reading it has some common gaming sense.

• greydorgreydor Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by StinkyPits

So, it seems that nobody knows the answers to these questions.  Anyone else trying to figure these things out?  My complaint is that the user manual is a little on the "worthless" side and doesn't explain a lot of what's going on.

yet  mythic still contends no need for offical forums so people can get information on these things

all i can tell you bud is there is a list of 6-7 fansites you can wade thru maybe you'll find something wish i could help but the prima  offical strategy guide is as useless as the 1 that came with  the game