Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok. before i buy.

Il only have 4-5 days a week that i can play, should I still get this game?

or is it extremly demanding

How many hours a week is recomended.?

Comments

• LongGoneLongGone Member Posts: 12

depends on how fast you want to "beat" the game, but if your not in a rush and like doing more then just killing monsters for xp and getting fat loot then this game has tons of stuff to do to keep you entertained.

I just purchased it for the second time and am looking forward to haveing things to keep me occupide for years lol.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Yeah you can get stuff done with 4-5 days a week of gameplay. How much all depends on you though. But for the most part it is very easy to get use to and get stuff done that you need.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Don't bother. This game should be renamed The Grind. The community are pretty hardcore and unwelcoming,especially Asian players to western players if you so happen to go to a spot they're at.  The game is pretty much overrun by gold farmers and those using automated bots all over the place. even in PVP. You'll be pretty much farting against the wind trying to get into this game now. Save your money for something else.

• TimeDevourerTimeDevourer Member UncommonPosts: 1

Hello,

First of all, this game is really demanding. You can do a lot of things in the game: level up, craft, fish, complete quests, missions and so on. So you have to focus on what you want to do in this game if you cannot play 24/7 .

I personally play this game only 1-2 days in a week (too much real life stuff to do ) .

By the way I have to disagree with IAmMMO (except for  grinding. Each game in one way or another is a grind): I find a community really helpful and I am yet to see a bot in a game.

• LongGoneLongGone Member Posts: 12

The revamp of the in game mail system has pretty much fragged the gilsellers ability to deliver their ill gotten gains to players in game. They are useing player bazzars etc to transfer their creds now (look for players in the port sandoria ah area with worthless junk for sale for 1mil or more, these are the guys waiting for their coin)

• CarpeNoctumXCarpeNoctumX Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

Don't bother. This game should be renamed The Grind. The community are pretty hardcore and unwelcoming,especially Asian players to western players if you so happen to go to a spot they're at.  The game is pretty much overrun by gold farmers and those using automated bots all over the place. even in PVP. You'll be pretty much farting against the wind trying to get into this game now. Save your money for something else.

You're an idiot.

1-What MMO doesn't have a grind really? Even games that people tend to consider "easy" still have reatrded ammounts of grinding in them. The only difference here is that you can't grind alone for the most part(save a few jobs), which actually makes the game more fun when you do get into a party.

2-Unwelcoming? Well, after reading your post I can tell you are nothing but a troll so of course the FFXI community shunned you. It's also the same reason you don't have friends.

3-Gold farmers? Bots? Oh wow, really? Lineage II is -------> way.

4-PvP? Did you play this game at all? Sure the game has it....but....ehhh, it's hardly someone would really bother cheating at.

5-Finally, it's NEVER too late to get into this game, and this is one of the few MMOs I can say this about. There are always people in lower level areas, and getting a level now has never been easier thanks to all the improvements SE has put into the game.

Go back to whatever other MMO you crawled out from, you don't belong here kid.

As for the OP, yeah, depending how many hours you put into the game each day and what you want to accomplish, that is more then enough. You'll definitely have your hands full because this game has an almost absurd ammount of things to do and achieve, but that's the reason why most people play.

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    WoW: 70 NE Rogue(Akama)
    FFXI: 75DRK/37WAR/18SAM/12THF(Fenrir)
    Currently playing: Warhammer Online(or at least trying to).

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

This is probably my 2nd favorite rpg of all time. Number one in my books when it comes to PvE.  There is a TON of things you are able to do, but things do tend to take longer than other mmorpgs.  This makes things much more rewarding when you do finally accomplish it.  One of the best things you can do to get a jumpstart is to find 1 or 2 friendly linkshells (guilds sorta) to join and party with.  One of the best things about this game is that most of the time while leveling you will be in a party with people you have partied with before.  It's kinda like 2 old friends coming together for coffee hehe.  Just so you know, you will most likely not be soloing in this game.  There are a few classes that can solo well, but for the most part this game is heavily dependant on partying.  That may sound like a disadvantage if you compare it to other mmorpgs where you can sit for hours without finding a party, but this is due to other mmorpgs not requiring you to party.  Thus everyone is always looking for a party, and getting a party together just takes usually 30 minutes tops.

Just some things to know:

-Very Party oriented game (more fun imo)

-If you don't want to party, play Beastmaster, Dancer, Puppetmaster (there are a couple others, but these are the main 3 imo)

-This game takes a long time to "beat" mainly due to the huge amount of content and things to do, There is ALWAYS something you can do if you get bored of something else.

-In the Begining, Gil will be hard to gather to buy things off the auction house.  Around level 30 it becomes alot easier.

-One character can be EVERY job (one of the things i loved most), you get tired of a job, switch jobs and do something else :)

-I would estimate to do everything in this game would at least take 2 years for a hardcore gamer (including leveling all jobs, plankration, etc etc)

-I played for over 5 years, usually 8+ hours a day (yeah I'm a gaming addict) and finally got kinda bored with it. Still miss it sometimes!

There we go, i hope this helps newcomers decide.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by CarpeNoctumX

Originally posted by IAmMMO

You're an idiot.

1-What MMO doesn't have a grind really? Even games that people tend to consider "easy" still have reatrded ammounts of grinding in them. The only difference here is that you can't grind alone for the most part(save a few jobs), which actually makes the game more fun when you do get into a party.

2-Unwelcoming? Well, after reading your post I can tell you are nothing but a troll so of course the FFXI community shunned you. It's also the same reason you don't have friends.

3-Gold farmers? Bots? Oh wow, really? Lineage II is -------> way.

4-PvP? Did you play this game at all? Sure the game has it....but....ehhh, it's hardly someone would really bother cheating at.

5-Finally, it's NEVER too late to get into this game, and this is one of the few MMOs I can say this about. There are always people in lower level areas, and getting a level now has never been easier thanks to all the improvements SE has put into the game.

Go back to whatever other MMO you crawled out from, you don't belong here kid.

As for the OP, yeah, depending how many hours you put into the game each day and what you want to accomplish, that is more then enough. You'll definitely have your hands full because this game has an almost absurd ammount of things to do and achieve, but that's the reason why most people play.

Hope you enjoy!

TY for saving me the time to type this. +1 to your post sir/ma'am.

However, i will say the "Gold farmers" and "Bots" thing is laughable. This is the only MMO i know of that has a special division in their company to combat these people and they do upwards of 6000 to 9000 banson a *monthly* basis.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

played this for 3.5 yrs.. great game. but it is a time sink although a happy one. You will for sure be staying up late, missing school or work, lol.

The community was actually one of the best Ive ever seen in MMOs and havent seen it replicated. after you get past level 30, the maturity level spikes hard, cause all the A.D.D. kids are tired cause theres nothing to kill but.. gasp.. mobs! And they had to play as part of a team which meant aggro control or kickout.  So people tend to be a lot more friendly while grouping. No one would party with a guy that cost them an hours exp in 10 mins cause he dont know how to control his aggro and made partywipes. They usually got a /blist-/ignore too after that.

This is one of the few mmos that communication in groups is quite necessary and its usually willingly done by all. Even when you pair up with the occasionally Japanese person, they use a LOT of emotes to explain things and you more than likely come away actually making a solid human connection. Most of these MMOs released nowadays... theres no need to talk and few of the people want to talk. FFXI is quite different in that respect. Its definitely for the socially concious.

The goldspammers.. actually stopped "spamming" while i was playing. FFXI went thru and cleaned major house; they kicked people who you had seen for 1 year, 2 years etc. .. just like that. It was really funny too because they were known spammers/farmers. Then one day.. Poof! They were mad as hell and made new accounts just to come on just to complain lol. The bottom line was.. after that, they still farmed and sold gold; but the difference was:  they didnt train you to guard their gold spots (FFXI fixed training mostly too then), and they didnt open air chat spam. Those farmers didnt want to lose a character they built for 6 months or more and have to do that all over again. Was kinda like "Dont ask, Dont Tell".

Was funny though.. sometimes youd see a whole party of sellers grouped up named like this: Happyfriend (healer) Happydog (tank), Happysmile (Redmage) Happyhappy (Dragon) Happyyou (blackmage). FFXI knew exactly what was going on, but as long as they didnt spam, train or bother the paying folks they got a small pass. If FFXI started to see spams,,, groups like this were banned without any explanation so they behaved.

• eVE-404eVE-404 Member Posts: 28

WoW thanks allot for the help guys, im really looking forward to playing this game.

il buy it in the next coupl weeks. need a bit of cash first.

thanks again