Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raiding taken to a new level

RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670

This is the Malygos fight. It's a similar raid to Onyxia/Magtheridon in that there is only one boss in the dungeo, so expect to have a few trash mobs followed by the boss. this is the 10 man version of the encounter.

Phase 2 and 3 look absolute brilliant. Anyway, enough chatter, here's the link.

Comments

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225

Nice vid, loved the part where the platform broke and the red drakes picked them up.

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by Obzerver

Nice vid, loved the part where the platform broke and the red drakes picked them up.

Hehe yea feels pretty epic.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Raztor

This is the Malygos fight. It's a similar raid to Onyxia/Magtheridon in that there is only one boss in the dungeo, so expect to have a few trash mobs followed by the boss. this is the 10 man version of the encounter.

Again proves WoW/Blizzard are full of fun ideas and well ahead of the curve with PvE.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Blizz downed the video, sorry.

Anyhow, Blizzard has had some outright brilliant raid encounters in WoW.  Most are lame, but some are really excellent.  Anything AQ40 is pretty impressive, and Naxx is also nice.  The only problem is that they made them 40 man, so almost nobody saw them.

BC's raiding is mostly bullshit compared to old world.  Kara and ZA are the most fun and a original by a mile for BC, in my opinion.  As it gets "harder", it also becomes lamer.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Ironically, the two 'new games' that came out recently both have 100% tank/spank fights and the bosses have very few special abilities.. just a ton of damage and hps.

AOC  and Warhammer both are 4 years newer, yet both their battlegrounds and Boss encounters are the same as the most basic ones found in WOW.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by Kurush

Blizz downed the video, sorry.

Anyhow, Blizzard has had some outright brilliant raid encounters in WoW.  Most are lame, but some are really excellent.  Anything AQ40 is pretty impressive, and Naxx is also nice.  The only problem is that they made them 40 man, so almost nobody saw them.

BC's raiding is mostly bullshit compared to old world.  Kara and ZA are the most fun and a original by a mile for BC, in my opinion.  As it gets "harder", it also becomes lamer.

Yea i really miss the glory days of WoW. Remember the fights like Vael, Osirian, the Twin Emps, Thaddius and ofcourse the 4 horsemen. Our guild loved these so much that, even after we reached 70, we would do atleast 2 old school raids a week.

I like what they did with Kara, ZA and Sunwell but yea most of the other stuff was pretty ordinary (in terms of difficulty). Iam not saying that they should make fights total cockblocks but atleast make it challenging. 

that "omfg" factor when you faced the above mentioned bosses was just lacking in TBC raids.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Does WoW have bosses that have auras that do damage to the enire group?

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by cukimunga

Auras?  you mean continuously?  I don't think  so.  But it has plenty of bosses that occassionally do an area of effect attack that includes a 30 radius sphere.  I dont' think Auras would be very fun unless they could be dispelled.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

yes there are Vael is a great example, that was an old school 40man raid (man i miss 40mans, and BWL).. good old days.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by coffee

yes there are Vael is a great example, that was an old school 40man raid (man i miss 40mans, and BWL).. good old days.

Just when you thought today was going to be a good day ... someone mentions Vael.

/looks in mirror

/crooks index finger

redrum redrum redrum ...    

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by IcoGames

Originally posted by coffee

Just when you thought today was going to be a good day ... someone mentions Vael.

/looks in mirror

/crooks index finger

redrum redrum redrum ...    

I've done all bossfights in WoW now, and Vael is still my favourite, the amount of time we wiped on that boss back when we could only try for 1 hour at a time and the number of 1% wipes make it all the more special. the whole fight is a big rush where everyone just goes all out and it was so great when the very last person standing managed to kill him.

The video I linked though, the transition phase 2-> 3 just looks amazing, nothing like it until now. Going to try having a go at it in Beta next few weeks and get some Screen shots / video if I can.

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230

video is no longer available, any other links to see that vid m8?

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

More lore characters to kill.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by Slappan

More lore characters to kill.

Times change, why hold on to the past. TIme for new stories and new villians.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas