Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 ?

Well, I really need to know if Guild Wars 2 will be out soon enough, because I need to know if it`s too late to buy Night fall.

Anyone knows ?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Last thing I heard something was 2009, hopefully early spring but it was a long time ago and Arenanet don't release half finnished products as the rest in the bussiness. But they won't release it this year at least.

Should be good time for you to get through Nightfall anyways :) Thers also a big pack with all the expansions in if you don't have EOTN and factions, should be cheaper than buying all the stuff loose.

• nukeslashernukeslasher Member Posts: 16

Thanks for the fast reply :).

I already have Guild Wars Prophecies and Fractions, but after leaving for a while I needed to come back. So I wanted to buy Nightfall and Eye of north.

And I was just reading the FAQ in guild wars official website when I found this

When will there be a beta?

Although we publically alpha- and beta-tested the original Guild Wars while it was still in early development, with Guild Wars 2 we will commence beta testing closer to the game's release. With that in mind, we will not start beta testing in 2008 as we had originally planned. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations of its quality. We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it.

And as Guild Wars will probably be dead after the release of GW 2 I needed to know the date of release, so that I don`t buy Nightfall for nothing.

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I don't think Guild Wars will just die out after Guild Wars 2 release.

I myself will be keeping both going seeing as I have nothing that is gonna transfer over to Guild Wars 2; I don't wanna loose the work - and money - I have put into Guild Wars.

Also; a lot fo the people that have gotten Guild Wars may not want to spend the money on the all new game (I'm sure - like most games - it will be about $40-$50 when it comes out).

I don't think ti would be a waist really. They are still adding things from time to time on Guild Wars; and plan on still running it after Guild Wars 2 releases. So, if you don't mind spending the money; go ahead and buy the games you don't have.

Also; there are some real high level weapons that will transfer over if you have Eye of the North and use the Champoin Hall (I think that's the name). But; as I said; those are extemely high level stuff - things from the max-level dungeons I believe. Please; anyone that actualy knows how that part is gonna work, respond with details. Thanks.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Nothing written in stone about anything on Guild Wars 2. Arenanet is being too hush hush on the developement of the game. Apparently they was supposed to start closed beta sometime inthe 2nd half of this year but that got pushed back until sometime next year. My only guess is that NCSoft is goign to promote AIon until they turn blue then eventually give us GW2.

• ysjaiadysjaiad Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by jdm12983

I don't think Guild Wars will just die out after Guild Wars 2 release.
    I myself will be keeping both going seeing as I have nothing that is gonna transfer over to Guild Wars 2; I don't wanna loose the work - and money - I have put into Guild Wars.
    Also; a lot fo the people that have gotten Guild Wars may not want to spend the money on the all new game (I'm sure - like most games - it will be about $40-$50 when it comes out).
    I don't think ti would be a waist really. They are still adding things from time to time on Guild Wars; and plan on still running it after Guild Wars 2 releases. So, if you don't mind spending the money; go ahead and buy the games you don't have.
    Also; there are some real high level weapons that will transfer over if you have Eye of the North and use the Champoin Hall (I think that's the name). But; as I said; those are extemely high level stuff - things from the max-level dungeons I believe. Please; anyone that actualy knows how that part is gonna work, respond with details. Thanks.

I agree with you.....great well!

• PatarrPatarr Member Posts: 12

GW2 should be coming out within a year or two, and its never too late to get any of the GW games. I LOVE the GW series, and its probably the best game i've ever played, and i've got every game that's come out.

If you have GW:EN (eye of the north) you can unlock certain titles and what not, and add things to your hall of monuments, and i believe that if you have enough accomplishments, you earn rewards in GW2. Or atleast that's what i've gathered so far.

Scoobydeedoopbeeboop!

• YuramikoYuramiko Member Posts: 176

Yes, does anyone knows when will it be released? Can't wait for it.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

check out these links for more info on Guild Wars 2

they're on the official GW2 wiki
    Guild Wars 2 info
    Guild Wars 2 FAQ

although no release date has been announced yet, its been speculated to be sometime late 2009 or early 2010

so there's still plenty of time to catch up, and there's still plenty of people to play with, monthly updates to keep you on your toes, and spectacular festivals and events

i would advise that you get Eye of the North too, cuz thru its main feature, the Hall of Monuments, can you transfer your achievements to from GW1 to GW2.

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• theJPKtheJPK Member Posts: 91

I was really hopeing it would come out sooner and maybe start beta within a month... Oh well, I still dont have EOTN and I guess since I havent played GW for about 3-4 months I should get reaquanted with the lore, current events, and builds so I know what im doing in GW2. I just can't wait

Waiting for: I don't know

• bjgladitschbjgladitsch Member Posts: 88

anet doesn't release half finished games..thats why none of the GW chapters were epic failures and have in fact won numerous awards.  Game will be ready when its ready..I am sure soon as beta is officiallty announced we will see it here

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

will guild wars 2 be the same as the old one, in terms of payment? i love the one time purchase will be required and no more monthly fee or anything of that sort would be added.

• FadeToBlack3FadeToBlack3 Member Posts: 89

I believe that was the intention of anet, thus appealing to a different crowd (as well as us usual mmo players) in order to remain competitive in the market. However nothing is assured until the official release.

Wolfenpride: <--Giant fucking sword syndrome.

Probably cause im trying to compensate for miniscule manhood.

• bjgladitschbjgladitsch Member Posts: 88

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars2/gw2faq/

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ancient_dragons

Everything you wanna know bout GW2 that has beenj officially announced to date

No there will be no subscriptionj fee..its already been officially announced months ago..the storyline synopsis is out as well.  If you wanna preview of what some of the dragons look like...the sleepign forms of a 3 of them can be found in Eye of the North.  And at the finaly battle in Eye of the North you see the sleeping form of one of the baddest of the ancient dragons awaken just as the cinematic goes dark.

Primordius

img235.imageshack.us/img235/569/gw139rl7.jpg

Waterdragon (located in the charr homelands not far from Doomlore)

guildwars.systemshock.co.za/gallery2/d/3656-4/waterdragon+.jpg

Unnamed Dragon located under Draknar Lake..possibly another type of waterdragon)

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/MALCHIOR1134/gw168.jpg

Hope this information answers your questions