Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While i wait

bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381

EQ2 has given me all it can.  While i wait for darkfall, i remember i recently had someone tell me vanguard's had a lot of changes lately that have really made it better. Could anyone expand on this?

This sounds very non-specific but i would like a lot of info so this will work i guess.

Comments

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

A good choice for a pve experience

Major changes are

1.Addressing over 1000 bugs with gu6

2.Some class improvements..my sorcerer has now magic focus egg he can enhance critical hits with spells

3. A newbies starters island and trail period

Check the official newbie section.Introduce yourself and ask questions ...there are people who can give you more info

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/forums/show.m?forum_id=6

Welcome to Telon :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

I can tell you my opinion if you want. I have been a vanguard player sin beta. I left after launch due to all the performance problems, always hoping to return once the game was fixed. I have returned (and left later) like 4 times, each time creating a new char with a different race and class. 3 months ago I decided to return, and I am still playing there and enjoying the game. I even started a new char just to play the trial Island of Dawn, cause my main reached max level, though at max level there is SO much things to do.

Basically, the game fixed many many bugs in all this time. Just as an example, last patch (Game Update 6) fixed more than 1000 bugs, and in these last 3 months I just had 2 quest bugs that didnt let me finish them: I sent a petition and in less than 1 hour, a GM came and fixed the problem. Game support in Vanguard is just AMAZING.

The gameplay is, for me, just great. Combat is not like tabula rasa or AoC, but it is not like WoW or WAR either. You press buttons to cast skills etc, but the difference is that it is dynamic: some skills can't be used till you crit, then some more can be used, if u use one skill then another one is triggered... It is just fun, at least for me. The classes are just amazing, I have played like 6 classes and ALL of them are different and very well made, you really feel the work behind the classes. This is one of the things that I love from vanguard, the fact that each class is so different and fun that I always want to create another char to experience them. And So many races...

The world is so so big and non instanced... you will just love that. You see something far away? you can go there, no limits. You want to fly very very high and see the world from another view? you can. It is just amazing. I dont know what more to say... pve content is great, it doesnt matter how many chars you create and go to lv50, that you can do it without repeating a quest, there are just SO SO many. 

And dungeons... non intanced... you won't beleive how good dungeons are in vanguard, and HOW MANY there are. You suddenly find a cave, enter, find a little door... and suddenly u have a huge dungeon that goes underground... just scary. 

To be fair, there are some problems too..

1) You must have a good computer. BUT the game performance has increase A LOT. It is just a totally different game now. With a normal- high computer, you can play it without any big problems. If you have a low computer, try it but maybe you will not be able to play it properly. But seriously, the game performance has improve x100000

2) Population. On PVE servers (Seradon for example) population is good, not high population  but medium, which is good. On PvP server, population is very low. Finding a guild will solve the problem, but sometimes you will feel in an empty world (such a big world and not many people playing makes you feel that). With Isle of Dawn population should increase, but the best thing is to talk with friends about vanguard and make them try it, they will stay I am sure. 

After GU6 there has been a character revamp which returned almost all the customization to character creation, which is good. There is also a free trial island (Isle of dawn), for people that want to try the game before subscribing (14 days trial).  So give it a shot, you wont regret it! If you need anything, I am on PvP server Sartok, my char is Treyu.

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

Vanguard has come a long way.  Initially the game was a slideshow that often crashed and you nvr had a group last 5 minutes without someone crashing to desktop (CTD).  Plus the bugs hampered a successful lauch.

Now, the game runs much smoother and CTDs are the exception than the norm.  Content has been added to all levels and a Free 14 Trial was launched earlier this month.  http://vanguard.station.sony.com/isleofdawn/

The game in its current state would have been a resounding success had it launched now.  Its a great time to join.  Now the Dev focus is new high level content and polishing existing content.

New high level content will be entering within the next few weeks.