Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't register online

I always have problem with Japanese games, and the game I bought today happening again. I have tried least 5 times to register online to get player ID but all failed, and the registeration can not indicate what information was wrong, I went through it again and again and fill in all information but it came out with error.

When I bought the game, I did not read carefully on the package because I was in a hurry, noted that I supposed to buy Civilization 4: Colonization but the game not arrive yet so I blind pick Final Fantasy XI. The game required credit card registration, So I asked my girl friend to use her credit card, I wondered if the game registration must identical with the credit card holder's address?

Why making thing so complicated since I have 30 days free to play. Konichiwa, sayanora, arigato. 

Comments

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

Follow up with my registration, I changed another credit card so the registration completed finally. But, I still can not play the game. While I click PLAY, the game tells me I do not have CONTENT ID, gosh, I though I have came through all the tough job like a secret agent to fill in all the information like a bank loan guarantee, encrypted passowrd, several ID and login names such as game mail, passowrd for game mail, mail ID ..... and now the game tells me that I need a CONTENT ID, to reactivate it from a cancelled one or get one new. What the heck is Content ID?

I also found another game Tetra Master has installed on my PC, what the heck is that? Perhaps a trick to charge money if I login? 

Finally, I login the game but I found out the game was same as I bought 3 or 4 years ago while I played it with Pentium 4 computer. I thought the game would be different since the it comes with new packing and and written 2008 European version. The trailer still same as 4 years ago. Now I have Nvidea GTX 280 installed but the game graphics looks like 320 x240 to me, even worse than a latest F2P.

The interface is aweful, you won't believe what key to log out. I tried all keys, but it's PAUSE key to log out.

It's not WASD but number keys, I don't know if it is able to control by mouse but I don't bother to discover more.

Apparently, I have wasted money to buy this old game and I already have one. Now, I don't even want to login to play for 30 days free.

No Can I have your stuff.

My girl friend laughed at me that she still remember the game we played together few years ago. The 2008 European edition still required you to installing DirectX 8.1. 

I tried to interact with other players to ask how to regenerate health but no one answer, totaly being ignored. It has been 10 minutes passed but the health won't regenrate by itself. I am totally defeated by now.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

em go to final fanatsy config and chage the res and settings

its out of game..

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Larry2298

My girl friend laughed at me that she still remember the game we played together few years ago. The 2008 European edition still required you to installing DirectX 8.1. 
    I tried to interact with other players to ask how to regenerate health but no one answer, totaly being ignored. It has been 10 minutes passed but the health won't regenrate by itself. I am totally defeated by now.

Looks like you've been through a lot within the last five and a half hours. :)

Having purchased and played the game 3 or 4 years ago, how do you not remember credit card registration, what content IDs are, what Tetramaster is, and how to heal? :(

If WOW is WIndows XP, LOTRO is Win 2000, then FFXI would be Windows 3.1. The game required too much manual controls from player on every second to balance the poor design, especially for the camera and combat scene. Since the game is turning to grandma soon so I think it is useless to say too much. 

But it is very difficult to play Japanese game, for example, hardworking Japs like to work so you can see every player got a JOB replaced the common uses of CLASS. What's your job? A warrior. Is playing warrior a job? 

And, who will remember what meaning of HANDLE in the game? Character slot has been relpaced as CONTENT ID. I believed not even Japanese would understand those in English if they play English version. 

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

If WOW is WIndows XP, LOTRO is Win 2000, then FFXI would be Windows 3.1. The game required too much manual controls from player on every second to balance the poor design, especially for the camera and combat scene. Since the game is turning to grandma soon so I think it is useless to say too much. 
    But it is very difficult to play Japanese game, for example, hardworking Japs like to work so you can see every player got a JOB replaced the common uses of CLASS. What's your job? A warrior. Is playing warrior a job? 
    And, who will remember what meaning of HANDLE in the game? Character slot has been relpaced as CONTENT ID. I believed not even Japanese would understand those in English if they play English version. 

The reason classes are named jobs if because ever since the first few final fantasies it's been named that, if there was some sort of  mistranslation i wouldn't know, but now it have stuck with people and it would just seem weird to change it.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

What's your job? A warrior. Is playing warrior a job?  

Short Facetious Answer: Yes.

Long Sincere Answer: All the way back the Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo the characters "class" has been called a job. Whether it was poor translation or just a word choice,t is how it was. Having the "class" called a job in FFXI pay homage to the Final Fantasy cannon of the series which is why all us old schoolers picke dup the game to begin with.

Okay the game is not for you. Sorry you picked it up, just go to play your cookie-cutter point and click MMO. Can't help you if you can't accept change and accept that things are not exactly how you want it. Oh and reading the insturciton manual might have been prudent and would have been something to do during the hours of updates you have after an intinal install.

• maltosmaltos Member Posts: 94

its funny when someone has trouble with a game, the game is immediately "bad".

First off you should spend 5-10 minutes reading through the manual to see how to properly install and configure the game. Just because you have some deep inborn hatred toward japanese games because you can not seem to figure out how to operate them is not the games fault, it is your own inability to function correctly. The manual so happens not to be in japanese but in english, or whichever language is prodominant in the country you currently reside.

You need to comprehend something, an MMO is a type of game that in most cases does NOT overhaul graphics after 5 With that said however I do understand roughly the frustration FFXI can have on you. However if this task of installation and setting up is testing you then maybe you forgot what FFXI is. It is a game about everything taking as long as possible, about searching for parties for long periods of time because you want to level warrior with the other 2 warriors and PLD in the dunes.

If you already played the game as someone said you should probably remember what content IDs are. You should probably also remember that everything is going to take a long time, the game is old so finding people to play with will be hard as well as people who can hold your hand through the game.

You should also look through the config options via your start menu to change resolution. That way the game doesnt look as bad.

lastly your failure to understand some mentality behind an MMO is quite sad. Please try to understand years running. I watched a friend turn on EQ about a month or 2 back, and it still looked the same...Something to understand, MMO companies can not update graphics on a large scale because it would require not only pulling all current copies of the retail box off the shelves and website so the can make new box art so people can see if it runs on their computer. In addition some of the players of the game might have been able to run the game when it first came out but now will not be able to because of the graphics overhaul. the engine also can have a limiting effect on wether the graphics can be updated or not. If you were to update the graphics 5 years into a game and lose part of what fan-base is left then your silly for thinking such a thing.

FFXI was going to update graphics for people like you who look at the game and take it for face value because playing a good MMO that requires more thought than mashing "1 1 2 4 1" and spamming AoE attacks is hard to find. The reason the graphics where not updated was because a large player base is running off of a PS2 system. Which incase you were wondering is a system with a limited amount of graphics. However if you had asked nicely if FFXI was doing anything for the graphics you would also have gotten a similar response as well as information about SE about a month back gathering information on PC users evaluating their machines and seeing what the majority of PC users are running. This may be some indication of a graphics update, or SE just wondering.

In the end understand that taking a game graphically at face value is foolish. Not being able to install a game because you seizure at the thought of interacting with one is also not the games fault it is you own. Lastly posting on a game forum and insulting a game instead of patiently waiting and asking for help is probably not the best way to go about gaining the apparent much needed knowledge. Have a good day.  

-Maltos-