Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how is Darkfall on top?

freakworldfreakworld Member Posts: 67

For real! Why? How? Is there something wrong with the site?

Comments

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Well I guess alot of people are excited bout Darkfall.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Well ... the DF clan seems to be a particularily zealous bunch in hyping their game.

Which means giving other games the lowest grades of course.

Whether they are right or wrong in hyping DF remains to be seen.

Should be about time for a beta though, if they want to release this year.

• originaleggoriginalegg Member Posts: 1,099

Whether people want to admit it or not...there is a LOT of hype around this game.  Whatever your personal opinions may be, the fact is that it is on many pvp player's radars.

The other games on the list aren't really huge either.  Im personally keeping an eye on TCoS but definitely not 1/2 as excited as i am about DF.

Hype meter working as intended....as much as it hurts the feelings of the Darkfall trolls.  In before grand conspiracy that has already been proven statistically wrong.

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

It's on top because it's fan base increased a lot and things are moving pretty fast (compared with Aventurine's usual tempo that is)

There's a misconseption going on that Darkfall fans are rabid fanatics that make alts all day to hype Darkfall and dehype other games. I personally just voted for Darkfall once and that's it. There was some kind of intiative over at Forumfall to push it to the top but it got like what 20 peeps? I think it balances to the "I GAVE DF 1, I R TOTALY SCEPTIC NOW" people.

Fact is that since video launch and beta start there are 60-70k new subs at the forums. This is more than Darkfall forums made for seven years. And hundreds more join every day, also the Darkfall forums here are the most active in the development section. And with WAR launch DF logically took it's place as a most anticipated game.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
    Originally posted by Thoric485

It's on top because it's fan base increased a lot and things are moving pretty fast (compared with Aventurine's usual tempo that is)
    There's a misconseption going on that Darkfall fans are rabid fanatics that make alts all day to hype Darkfall and dehype other games. I personally just voted for Darkfall once and that's it. There was some kind of intiative over at Forumfall to push it to the top but it got like what 20 peeps? I think it balances to the "I GAVE DF 1, I R TOTALY SCEPTIC NOW" people.
    Fact is that since video launch and beta start there are 60-70k new subs at the forums. This is more than Darkfall forums made for seven years. And hundreds more join every day, also the Darkfall forums here are the most active in the development section. And with WAR launch DF logically took it's place as a most anticipated game.

just stop it.....

YOU'RE  MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

What the fanboys aren't mentioning is the fact that the ratings for games like The Chronicles of Spellborn have dropped recently. Since talk of making DF number one on their official forums it seems. I leave you to make your own conclusions.

Originally posted by Mahlo

What the fanboys aren't mentioning is the fact that the ratings for games like The Chronicles of Spellborn have dropped recently. Since talk of making DF number one on their official forums it seems. I leave you to make your own conclusions.

Darkfall's rating has dropped just as much...and has also been bashed way more with nonsense 1 votes...funny how people only see one side of things....

Also look at the number of votes DF has....something in the realm of 3500 i think

compare it to other games on the list like earthrise with 500 something.....i think TCoS may be around 1800 or so.

yea...sorry, but people are talking about the game...and if it releases well or even has a promising beta...its going to be even harder to find things to bash it on or wild conspiracy theories to come up with.

Hype meter is working 100% as intended....hyped votes, dehyped votes, and all.  Its just tough for some people to understand thats all.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

DF hype has dropped 0.02, SWG and Aion hype has dropped around 0.4 in a pair of weeks, since the thread in Darkfall's forum was created, which placed DF as first.

If we are going to talk, let's remain to facts.

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

the WAR fanboi league of mass idiocy made their move and downrated all other games, somehow the DF fanbois were able to make an advantage out of it.

Perhaps it was EA or Mythic themselves who did the mass downrating of the other games but all i know is that it's the most dirty and retarded move i've seen for long.

AoC before launch didn't have that silly mass downrating of other upcoming mmorpgs, however it had mass super hype on it.

It's what happens when a mmorpg can't make a massive super hype like AoC somehow were able to, so you just make people downrate the others and make yours look a lot better, though it never raised much in the rating itself.

mmorpg.com should check those out and remove the 1 score votes on all mmorpgs, obviously people will just vote 2 but it's "at least" only half as bad.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by originalegg

Whether people want to admit it or not...there is a LOT of hype around this game.  Whatever your personal opinions may be, the fact is that it is on many pvp player's radars.
    The other games on the list aren't really huge either.  Im personally keeping an eye on TCoS but definitely not 1/2 as excited as i am about DF.
    Hype meter working as intended....as much as it hurts the feelings of the Darkfall trolls.  In before grand conspiracy that has already been proven statistically wrong.

There is very little hype for this game. Only the hardcore mmorpg gamers know this game even exist, the mainstream gamer has never even heard of the game.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Length edit

There is very little hype for this game. Only the hardcore mmorpg gamers know this game even exist, the mainstream gamer has never even heard of the game.

welcome to the website that targets and has a decent sized majority/minority of hardcore mmorpg gamers.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• Amy571Amy571 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by paulscott

Originally posted by Gameloading

Length edit

welcome to the website that targets and has a decent sized majority/minority of hardcore mmorpg gamers.

That is a quite false honestly. If anything, and as is very evident by the postings on this site, it attracts more casual and average gamers, as well as a crowd of immature individuals.

The Hype meter on this site gets sabotaged a lot, so it is not a true indicator of true interest in the games listed. A better indicator would be the Most Popular Tab, as it is based on page hits, and not votes. The Hype meter is purely vote based and ends up getting abused and misused a lot. It would honestly be best if they had it removed, as it has no real meaning or worth anymore since most of the votes are not sincere.

• nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

Because it's the last beacon of hope on the horizon after warhammer and aoc failed to deliver the goods.

• GalaturcGalaturc Member Posts: 48

Oh, people are just curious and interested with the game, that's it. Wait until the announcement of Beta date, then you will see the hype.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

How is Darkfall on top?

Steam rises?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by nethrill

Because it's the last beacon of hope on the horizon after warhammer and aoc failed to deliver the goods.

Aion called.

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by freakworld

For real! Why? How? Is there something wrong with the site?

Some people do have good taste you know !!!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Well ... the DF clan seems to be a particularily zealous bunch in hyping their game.
    Which means giving other games the lowest grades of course.
    Whether they are right or wrong in hyping DF remains to be seen.
    Should be about time for a beta though, if they want to release this year.

Aye agree.

Thats why its particularly nice to read that the beta started 22 september.=)

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=1740002#post1740002

• TatumTatum Member Posts: 1,153

Simple:  people are desperate for something different.  At this point in time, AAA MMOs are just one watered down, re-skined clone after another.  If you want something ambitious you have to look towards the smaller, less restricted developments and just hope that they can pull it off. 

Whether Darkfall succeeds or not, I have to give them some credit just for attempting some thing this ambitious and interesting.  It's been a long time since I've looked into the game, but from what I remember, their feature list had pretty much everything you could ever want in a true MMO.  FFA PvP is a tough sell for most players, but it seemed like they had at least a decent plan for that one too.

• Mazer14Mazer14 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Tatum

Simple:  people are desperate for something different.  At this point in time, AAA MMOs are just one watered down, re-skined clone after another.  If you want something ambitious you have to look towards the smaller, less restricted developments and just hope that they can pull it off. 
    Whether Darkfall succeeds or not, I have to give them some credit just for attempting some thing this ambitious and interesting.  It's been a long time since I've looked into the game, but from what I remember, their feature list had pretty much everything you could ever want in a true MMO.  FFA PvP is a tough sell for most players, but it seemed like they had at least a decent plan for that one too.

Yeah, I think the aligment system will work magic on the FFA PvP feature.

And to the OP, I really think you're caring about the hypemeter too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Self-confessed DF fanboy. Finally a real ****ing MMO.

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

And next month make another OMFGWHYGUYS?! thread when hype rises again from minor thing like the start of a beta after 7 years.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • NicroxNicrox Member Posts: 140

I think after the NGE came out in 2005 alot of ppl have been waiting and looking for a home. A mmo that they can go too and call theirs. So many mmo's are the same or lack any 'real' features and ppl are tired of linear play and want sandbox which DarkFall provides.

• Mazer14Mazer14 Member UncommonPosts: 129

And next month make another OMFGWHYGUYS?! thread when hype rises again from minor thing like the start of a beta after 7 years.

Basically this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Self-confessed DF fanboy. Finally a real ****ing MMO.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454
    Originally posted by Mazer14

Basically this.

Yep, they might have to add 11 onto the meter to cope.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I hope the hype meter acts accordingly if its a turd, though.