Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Meets Final Fantasy XI

natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

That was this game reminds me of at first glace. Which has me VERY excited. I can't wait to hear more and find out when this will be released... but Aion can count me in! :)

Comments

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

guild wars? how you get that? guild wars artwork doesnt look like this. guild wars gameplay is all instance and not like this.

well heres my opinion.... lineage 2 meets final fantasy with a grain of wow

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The the game play as far as how it works, with the armor ect is what reminds me of Guild Wars (in a good way) they style to me reminds me of Guild Wars mixed in with FFXI so I'm excited.. plus it's produced by the same people so even better, or under the same company name at least.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

I actually think that Aion is like L2-meets-GW in terms of graphics and L2-meets-WoW in terms of gameplay. I started out associating Aion with FFXI a lot, but nowadays I find hardly any similarity between the two titles. Nonetheless, I am a FFXI fan and I like what I see in Aion! :)

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I guess what i mean is just the whole final fantasy experience.. obviously it looks more like Final Fantasy XII but I think that's a good thing. :)

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153

I actually thought I was looking at Guild Wars screenshots when i first came across Aion. Don't know about Lineage series, but some of the screenshots looks *exactly* like Guild Wars.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing, i kinda like Guild Wars, but to be honest I was expecting a different looking game :p

Still, I have high hopes for Aion.

guild wars was made by an american developer. aion is made by a korean developer aka the same people that made lineage 2. all 3 titles are published by the same company exept 1 is made by an american studio and the other 2 is made by a korean studio aka the main ncsoft korea.

aion/lineage2 = korean people

guild wars = american people

all in same publisher/company

its easy for me to tell asian artwork from western artwork. i dont think guild wars art look like aion art at all.

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Nickless_man

I actually thought I was looking at Guild Wars screenshots when i first came across Aion. Don't know about Lineage series, but some of the screenshots looks *exactly* like Guild Wars.
    Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing, i kinda like Guild Wars, but to be honest I was expecting a different looking game :p
    Still, I have high hopes for Aion.

aions graphics are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than GW anyone who says they are the same must have no eye's

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153

Tell me if this screenshot doesn't look like a female warrior in Knights armor with Kryta background :P

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/14334

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/14312

Hell, this city looks just like pre-searing Ascalon

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/12548

I'm not saying they are the same, Aion uses CryEngine 1, so it has overall better graphics like detailed shadows, lighting or spell effects. I've checked every Aion screenshot I can find (on this, and on other sites), majority of the screenshots gives me a "Guild Wars" feeling with similar graphics design. Only screens that don't give me that feeling are character close ups and general flying-with-wings thingies.

Anyways, graphics aren't final yet, some of the screenshots has way too much low res textures, and some others have general higher quality than others.

Edit: Btw, I'm just compairing with GW because thats one of the titles I played, that's why I'm not compairing it with FFXI or Lineage 2, because i didn't played those.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

1) Guild Wars is 3-4 years old, and even than its focus was lower-end machines. Aion is going to launch in 2009, and is aiming for mid-range machines. And even then the graphics barely are any better. Simply because GW is made by Anet (not NCsoft), and Anet got some of the best artists around.

2) Guild Wars wasn't level-based at all. Aion definately is...

3) Guild Wars was instanced, so they could focus on better quests. Aion isn't instanced, so prepare for WoW-styled quests.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

When i first saw this game my initial reaction was that it was a new and improved L2. There are however many differences that you can already see. L2 was a true free for all PvP game with Aion you're going to have factions similiar to WoW. I'm hoping the storyline can somewhat compare to FFXI's though because if SE ever does something right all the time it's great story. Still coming out and comparing Aion to all these games kind of discredits it if you ask. What i'm hoping for is that in a few years people are comparing the newer games coming out Aion because it truly raises the bar for MMOs. We will see though hopefully very early in 2009.

Originally posted by Nickless_man

Tell me if this screenshot doesn't look like a female warrior in Knights armor with Kryta background :P
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/14334
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/14312
    Hell, this city looks just like pre-searing Ascalon
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/12548
    I'm not saying they are the same, Aion uses CryEngine 1, so it has overall better graphics like detailed shadows, lighting or spell effects. I've checked every Aion screenshot I can find (on this, and on other sites), majority of the screenshots gives me a "Guild Wars" feeling with similar graphics design. Only screens that don't give me that feeling are character close ups and general flying-with-wings thingies.
    Anyways, graphics aren't final yet, some of the screenshots has way too much low res textures, and some others have general higher quality than others.

Edit: Btw, I'm just compairing with GW because thats one of the titles I played, that's why I'm not compairing it with FFXI or Lineage 2, because i didn't played those.

now that you mention it..  i agree some of the building design is kindda similar to guild wars. the clothing design is also similar to guild wars. but everything else doesnt. the facial and character modeling, shape and figure is totally different.

guild wars character modeling, figure and shape is more cartoony style and funny(good own way) while aion/lineage2 character modeling, figure and shape is more realistic.

lineage2 clothing design is super fantasy with revealing and erotic hotness. how aion is different from lineage2 is aion leans toward western style which has covered up clothing and more realistic clothing while keeping stylish.

why i say it look like final fantasy is that the whole atmosphere and enviorment with giant mushroom and stuff have the sense of final fantasy. why i say it look like lineage2 is the facial, character modeling, shape, figure and overall art look like lineage2 plus it is the same people that made lineage2. why i say it look like wow and other western is that it is a WASD game with content ect.. like wow/western and some clothing is similar to guild wars.

aion is made by the same people that made lineage2 not guild wars.

overall i say aion is a fusion of lineage2 + final fantasy + wow/western

• SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

The Artworks from Aion doesn't look like Guild Wars, but I'm still looking forward to Guild Wars 2 thought. But the only Pay to play I will gaming it's Aion, probably Blade & Soul too. Aion looking more like a free to play called call Perfect World xD

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Lineage II and WoW had a baby with their best genes and named it Aion.

Everyone lived happily ever after.

The end.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141