Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta testers talk

blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

New Community Website:  http://www.darkandlight.net

Beta Testers Testimonials:  http://www.darkandlight.net/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=16 

3 examples below, to see more, follow the above link

20th AUGUST 2004  A true storm

THE screenshots you see anywhwere, simply can't emphazise Dark and Light beauty enough, your just getting a still and one point of view...
Seeing it in action will totaly blow your mind, and not to mention the scope of the landscape is totaly breath taking.You'd almost forget that your were playing a game.

My first steps in Ganareth I still remember well anxiously loading up the client, and my jaw dropped to the floor. Nearly wetting my self with excitement, I proceeded to explore the coast, the fields, the mountains, and snowy vistas. Then returning to the woodland, the clouds began to gather, and darken, starting to rain... then *BOOM* a storm! The sound of the thunder claping around my head made me jump out of my skin and this is the first game to have such an effect in this way....

The best thing is things are set to get more and more breathtaking and interesting. Just wait and see.

6th AUGUST 2004   It's magic!

DARK and Light is showing more of its magic as time goes by. The latest versions brought an important element: animal life!

I really love exploring this world, walking past a hill to discover, behind it, strange and magnificent landscapes.

One day, I was idling at the edge of a forest, gazing at the plains, hypnotized by the grass and trees gently swaying in the breeze. From time to time, my eyes drifted on a few butterflies flying around their flowers.

Suddenly I gave a start when I heard an unusual sound behind me. That was not the familiar sound of a companion approaching... That was something else. I looked at the trees around me but couldn't see anything moving, I was a little scared. I took my heavy mace and put myself on my guard. The sun started to shine on my armour and the surroundings, and then I saw, leaping from behind a tree... a rabbit!

I cursed the poor little thing. But while I was getting ready to leave the place, laughing at myself for being such a coward, I heard a heavy sword cleaving the air. I turned around and a second strike hit me and knocked me down. I was quite surprised to realize that I was facing a horrible skeleton with a spiked helmet, grinning behind his bronze shield, ready to hit a third strike with his dirty and rusty sword.

But I was lucky enough to parry his third strike with my own shield. I put all my strength in my hit and crushed his skull with my mace. He fell at my feet. A little vial containing a green liquid fell from his bag... I took it; I could find a use for it later.

This scene could have been a tale... But it really happened in the new beta version. Believe me, now that I learned to pay attention to what's around me, the involvement has never been so great!!

C. (Lille - France)

6th AUGUST 2004   You'll love it

YOU can't be mistaken. When you enter DnL, you won't believe what you see. Every other game should stop now and get back to work.

You can fight if you want, get experience by hunting monsters (giant spiders, bears, wolves, golems, sandmen, lizards, etc.), bargain to get better weapons and armours, but... You can also wander away from the crowds, discover beautiful places, and come across a hidden paradise, far from the battlefields, that only you and your friends will know.

Natural elements are everywhere. Every day, you can see the sun, the moon and the stars moving across the sky, you feel so small in this huge world, and you love it! Sometimes the weather turns bad, with snowstorms, thunder, rain, scorching heat, everything is there. The land is so huge, and so different from one place to another, that you feel good everywhere, and have a very pleasing feeling of freedom.

The architectures are quite diverse, from small savannah villages to castles and strongholds to huts made of animal furs in the north...

There were criticisms about DnL, in several magazines and message boards, saying that DnL was nothing but beautiful landscapes. But I have some news for you: DnL is currently in development, and at this stage, you can't compare it to other games that are almost finished. When DnL will reach the same stage of development, you will be able to compare, but not for now.

Since I started to follow DnL, my conviction that this game will be great is getting stronger after every new beta phase, and in the meantime, beta testers keep leaving the other games. I can tell you DnL is worth your wait and support. I can tell this today, even if the game is not finished, because the pleasure and feelings I get each time I log in make me confident in the future of this game.

N. (Paris - France)

Comments

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

This just sounds great but it makes me sad that I am not a part of the beta test community but my videocard isn't strong enough.

When this game comes out I will need a new card but I will buy it because i think (and hope) it is worth it. These beta testers sound positive.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Finally, a (U)MMORPG with actual "life" on the planet. Not mobs aimlessly wandering around waiting to be killed be noobies, spawn in the same spot unlimited times, and stupid AI.

You could play as an indian or human

• FraekFraek Member Posts: 249

Before I read these testimonials I was desperate to try this game, and I spent hours every day on the game's community site.  Now I have read the testimonials, and I think that I must go into hibernation until October (OPEN BETA!!!!  ....maybe...) so that it won't feel like it's taking so long!

I hope it supports 5.1 surround, and perhaps those nifty 3D-glasses...

Agnar's Furyimage

Join at http://www.guilduniverse.com/af

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875
    uhhhh...wow, really impressive. Some postive reviews by un-known sources- any company could get 4 pages of good reviews no matter how bad there games or the company could just make reviews up by itself. A real proffesional company doesnt use un-known sources as a "reason to buy this game"- you use proffesional reviews and hype from other sites. This reviews just explain the postive- no negative no nothing? The company told them to write a only postive review. You'll find people out there that will say SWG is a good game, mabye 10 pages if they just took postive feedback?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

I must have missed the link or something.  The testimonals are great - uh, what are they talking about?  Is it Sci-fi, fantasy, cyberpunk, post -nuclear war?  So, I looked;

http://www.darkandlight.com/eng/index.php

Here to find, that this is a fantasy mmorpg.  Site looks good, writeup looks good.  I didn't read far enough to see if it has PvP or is just PvE.  If your bored, you might want to check it out image

WoW Beta - Skirnir; Dwarven Mage (Beta Server, PvE)
    Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitmos

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Moved to dark & light forums.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

"I didn't read far enough to see if it has PvP or is just PvE"

PvE and PvP. It might aswell be called DAoC 2.0 :)

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online, RYL

Originally posted by Annekynn

"I didn't read far enough to see if it has PvP or is just PvE"
    PvE and PvP. It might aswell be called DAoC 2.0 :)

Actually, I just spent some time reading through their web site.  Have to agree, looks like DAoC.  Now thats not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure it's a good thing...

12 Races.  Where?!  I see maybe 5 races and a bunch of half-humans.  Less-see... Dwarf, Gnome, Lutin, Farie, Efl and human.  Okay 6 races and a bunch of half-humans.

And I can find nothing explaining the classes mentioned under the races info FAQ.

For a game being actually in beta, there is not alot out about this French mmorpg (at least not on the parent site).  I'll spend some more time looking through their fan sites.  Maybe more info there...

My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Some info just isnt available or finalized yet. The game is still 4-6 months away, so they have plenty of time to get the details down in stone and made available on their site. They have just finished remaking dnl.net and I quote:

"The official .com website is in the process of a major overhaul, with a new FAQ and some news you are all waiting for impatiently. We will keep you updated on its development and future launch."

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online, RYL

It's way surpassed DAoC if you spend more time finding info about it. (Sorry, I don't feel like explaining why it's so good anymore, posted too many times ::::19::)

• kervalkerval Member Posts: 1
    really impressive image

• FraekFraek Member Posts: 249

Those of you who want more information might want to check out the devchats on http://www.sofdnl.com...  ...sweeeeeeeeet!

Oh, allthough if you get a 404 over there, DON'T stick around to read the web server moan as if it was Marvin (The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy).
    It has a loooooong list of things to complain about...

Agnar's Furyimage

Join at http://www.guilduniverse.com/af

Some info just isnt available or finalized yet. The game is still 4-6 months away, so they have plenty of time to get the details down in stone and made available on their site. They have just finished remaking dnl.net and I quote:
    "The official .com website is in the process of a major overhaul, with a new FAQ and some news you are all waiting for impatiently. We will keep you updated on its development and future launch."

hmmm... lets say they are 6 months out from publication, they are in their Beta Phase 3 and your telling me the only thing they know about their class system is the name of the class and which race can be which class?!

They got Mondes Persistant award in 2003 - and they still don't know anything about their class system...

I'm interested.  I'm willing to read this and even buy into the fanbase.  But you need to throw me something.

Thanks Xzaro for all the info, it was very enlightening image

Originally posted by Odenathus
    hmmm... lets say they are 6 months out from publication, they are in their Beta Phase 3 and your telling me the only thing they know about their class system is the name of the class and which race can be which class?!
    They got Mondes Persistant award in 2003 - and they still don't know anything about their class system...
    I'm interested. I'm willing to read this and even buy into the fanbase. But you need to throw me something.
    Thanks Xzaro for all the info, it was very enlightening imageWoW Beta - Skirnir; Dwarven Mage (Beta Server, PvE)

No, they just don't feel like putting out all the info yet. They know everything. They are just torturing us by not releasing any new info! AUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!~