Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me 10 reasons to play Lineage II

HendoraHendora Member Posts: 34

I hate to grind and hate quests that have no real story or feeling behind it. But i really want to play this game because it has "it". Unfortunately, as we all know, the game have so much grinding and boring quests so i can't be satisfied with just "it".

So i'm wondering what it is that makes you play Lineage II?

Give me 10 good reasons (If there are that many ) why i should get back and give it another go even though i hate the grind and the quests.

Thanks

Comments

• VexylVexyl Member Posts: 30

*Thinks* Drawing a blank here.

I can give 10 reasons why not to play

Fear is the mind-killer

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

If you need 10 reasons to play any game you might as well avoid it. It's like punishing yourself because others do it. If you don't like it don't play it simple as that.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • HendoraHendora Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by HBlite

If you need 10 reasons to play any game you might as well avoid it. It's like punishing yourself because others do it. If you don't like it don't play it simple as that.

Well as i said, i like the game because it have a special feeling to it and i enjoy alot of things in it. It's just the grinding and the quests i really don't like. But who knows, if there are enough good reason to play the game and if you got some friends to kill the grind with, it might just be worth it.

I haven't played L2 long enough to fully know the game so that's why i'm asking what you enjoy in it.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by Hendora
    Originally posted by HBlite If you need 10 reasons to play any game you might as well avoid it. It's like punishing yourself because others do it. If you don't like it don't play it simple as that.

Well as i said, i like the game because it have a special feeling to it and i enjoy alot of things in it. It's just the grinding and the quests i really don't like. But who knows, if there are enough good reason to play the game and if you got some friends to kill the grind with, it might just be worth it.
    I haven't played L2 long enough to fully know the game so that's why i'm asking what you enjoy in it.

If you don't like the grind or quests what is there for you to like? You already hate the core of the game, you can't escape the grind. But I'll humor you and tell you some reasons why L2 is still one of my favorite MMOs though I don't play it anymore.

- Fantasy Setting, Amazingly well done world of beautiful art
    - Class Upgrades, Tons of different class trees and variations to the job types
    - Open World, Completely open with very little instancing of dungeons
    - Raid Bosses, I always thought it was unique that raid mobs where in a select area and took some organization and a team to take them out
    - Animation, Amazingly fluid animation with tons of detail
    - Graphics, Still today are stunning graphics with detailed armor and weaponary
    - Pets, The pet system though hard to at first comprehend was pretty cool, I had fun raising my hatchling
    - Achievement, there is a sense of achievement in the game because once you start getting up in the levels and want the next grade of armor you really have to work for it. Expensive items.
    - Castle Sieges, Chaos but absolutely fun chaos, nothing is more thrilling then taking over a castle or defending it with hundreds of players.
    - Alignment System, Grievers will get punished when the guards will come at them when they enter a town, forcing death or the griever to stay outta town areas. Creating a sense of danger with some insurance.
    - Player Shops, You can really scour for the best deals by running around and checking shops. While people hated it because of the lag I thought it really brought a sense of an economy and community together for the game.

It's what I can think of off the top of my head. I know the latest content they added decreased the grind and added some tools like rest xp to make it faster than it was before so if you are complaining about the grind now it was much much much worse. Apparently also they added higher graded items in NPC shops and helped drive some of the costs down, so everything isn't as expansive.

Happy Gaming.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

if you havent played L2 when gracia was live, then you should try it again. Because the grind is not as nearly as bad as it used to be.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

There are more than 10 reasons to play Lineage 2 but there are also more than 10 reasons why you shouldn't play Lineage 2. Go get a trial and check it out, its a game that some may like others will hate.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing