Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard should not be free (that poll irks me)

As much as Id love to get free access to Vanguard it will never happen and (in my opinion) should never happen.

For SOE and the devs to make the kind of content that most people want to play they need a monthly income. Even EQ1 still charges a monthly fee. A newer and much more complex game like Vanguard has no business offering free play time.

Id rather pay for my food and know I am getting good quality.

Just my two cents.

Comments

• YausYaus Member Posts: 14

Let me rephrase. Vanguard should not be without a monthly fee (I actually see nothing wrong with the game itself being free)

• IklioIklio Member Posts: 2

everyone wants stuff for free. heres a way to get it. if everyone went to work today and whatever you sell, or make, dont charge anyone anything for it. if you sell candy bars, give them all away for free. if you make cars, give them all away for free. if you work at McDonalds... free food all day.

Now, (and this is the tricky part) you might have to work for free yourself BUT..... if we all give our stuff for free and work for free.... maybe the developers and writers and programmers and designers of these games we love will do the same. since we all seem to think they work for free, lets show them the same courtesy in our jobs.

• rhandyarhandya Member Posts: 3

Well, I think that Robby5403 guy was just trying trash the game in a round about way. Dont let it bother you Yaus.

The points hes making are all badly thought out and opinions only.

He says that the game is unfinished but all MMORPG games are unfinished. The idea behind MMORPG games is that they are a work in progress. And most will agree that Vanguard has progressed a lot over the past year.

He also says that he doesnt like the score. Well, I like it. Even if I didnt like it I usually turn off my audio after the first week of playing most MMOs so it would hardly effect my overall impressions of the game. Their music can never compare to my favorite bands and composers. BUT, these are all only my opinions.

Its best to form your own opinions when it comes to these kind of things.

• SeseseSesese Member Posts: 10

I agree.

I am happy paying my monthly fee. The developers make fairly regular updates and I (as a very active player) have been adding enough content for me. Its amazing!!! After a year and a half with this game I still find content that I have never seen before and can explore. Telon is a huge world and I have been very satisfied with the developers steady pace.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by rhandya

Well, I think that Robby5403 guy was just trying trash the game in a round about way. Dont let it bother you Yaus.
    The points hes making are all badly thought out and opinions only.
    He says that the game is unfinished but all MMORPG games are unfinished. The idea behind MMORPG games is that they are a work in progress. And most will agree that Vanguard has progressed a lot over the past year.
    Or, they're dwelling on what happened 1.5 years ago as though it's still current, having no idea that the game has *vastly* improved and has no desire to (ignorance is bliss after all) find out for themself.
    I was one of those people who thought it was a steaming pile back at launch... Playing it now, I'm nothing short of impressed at how much better it is. I would, and in fact plan to, recommend the trial to several people I know who are sorta "homeless" on the MMO front right now.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, they could off course do the Guildwars model and have no monthly fees and charge for expansions, or the could put adds in the game... But SOE don't work that way so I really doubt that (To bad, I like the GW method).

They could also do as LOTRO and sell lifetime accounts, that's not a bad idea as long as they either have some player still on montly or get more lifers all the time....