Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat, does it ever get better?

I tried this game awhile ago after EnB closed. The economic model was fascinating, the graphics were also great, but the combat felt lacking. All I would do is cruise around asteroid belts, hit the fire button, and blast pirates. Or I would do kill missions, which were tedious go here kill this stuff. Admittedly, I never got to any pvp. Is pvp more exciting? Is the Shiva expansion going to make npc combat more interesting?

Comments

• KeltinKeltin Member Posts: 13

They have added a lot of frigate class ships and they are working on bringing tech 2 out.  The game does need much more content.  I don't engage in combat but from what I have been reading joining a PC Corp and getting out into the PvP fights is the only way to go for action.  With the new weapons/tech/ships coming out things are changing pretty quickly and people are getting more involved in the PvP combat.  Though miners are making a killing right now because ships are being lost all over the place.

The games economic model is truly amazing.  It's the only thing that really impresses me about the game.

• KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359
    PvP is the best in this game. Right now CCP messed around with ships and now they changed so much that pvp is quite diff what it used to be. The best part is when u team up and Pvp like that. It will open up total new experiences for you:)

• KredeKrede Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Kraptor
    PvP is the best in this game. Right now CCP messed around with ships and now they changed so much that pvp is quite diff what it used to be. The best part is when u team up and Pvp like that. It will open up total new experiences for you:)

can only say the same.....

----------------------------
    Darkness is my Path

----------------------------
    Darkness is my Path

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

i cant vouch for anyone else here, but I have to say when you have your very first PvP kill, you get a rush of adrenaline and your heart pounds.....almost like "oh my gawd, I can't believe Im actually doing this"

I've done plenty of PvP and it feels no different...I still get the "buzz"...weird, I know...but there's nothing like fpying near a ship who has no idea what your doing..then scrambling his warp then blowing him out of space

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• AskatanAskatan Member Posts: 313

EVE is all about PvP if you get over the n00b level. so your whole comment about combat is redundant.

you can fight all day long in EVE. PvE or PvP.

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

Hunting is what you make of it, and admittedly, it's gotten whole lot more interesting since the npc-overhaul. Lowbie NPC hunting, like running missions and mining roids in high sec are just not something you should be concentrating. Go find something more challenging to do :)

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

PVP is great for the adrenaline, but what i think u meant in ur post is that most of the time (specially in PVP) u don't get to see what u are actualy killing except for that little icon that apears when u lock some1.....

Fights tend to happen very fast and i have sometimes the same feeling that we are missing some great elements of a good fight.

Also there are many situations when u have to zoom out till u won't be able to see ur ship in order to see the ones that u have to kill...and all the fight resumes to locking and shooting a bunch of yellow squares.