Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RAM help......

G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

Ok I bought DDR2 667mhz DIMM 2 x 2GBs, from a local store rather than online works out about the same when you factor in delivery...

However my PC will not Boot up windows with both sticks in, onl seems to like the one? is there something I need to do, I mean I thought RAM you just plug in and your away...

it starts the whole boot up thing... and then I get this

Verifying DMI data.......................

Now when I first put it in I said

Verifying DMI data.........Updated....

But it never goees beyond that.... just stops dead there...

shhh... you might wake the trolls

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Make sure the dimms you stuck the ram into are the same color.  They might be Dual Channel.  The ones of similiar color aren't alway right next to each other.

• coverzincoverzin Member Posts: 1

If you have a 32 bit OS it won't recognize more than 3.5 GB of ram and anything past that may cause problems.  So you may only be able to use one stick of it.

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281

Are you sure your motherboard support 2Gb sticks ?I know motherboards with intel p31 chipset dont support more than 1gb for per ram slot.Or you may need a bios upgrade .If you can give name and model we can look for it.

• mrbishworkmrbishwork Member Posts: 44

yeah double check your mother board if that motherboard support above 3 gb mems. .

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

ok after a re-boot the PC would no longer work, took it to local PC store where I bought the RAM the fixed the problem the motherboard cannot take take that much RAM..... simple as that, I do advise that people DO NOT use any internet scanners, as thiese can give misleading information

shhh... you might wake the trolls

• a123a123a123a123 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by coverzin

If you have a 32 bit OS it won't recognize more than 3.5 GB of ram and anything past that may cause problems.  So you may only be able to use one stick of it.

yeah...i agree with you.