Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly whats the point of playing Order?

1235»

Comments

• Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157

I don't know about US side, but on the EU servers, for me, it seems more like that Destruction is the WAR equivalent of the "Alliance" side from wow, overpopulaed, but full of noobs. ><

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

Except 3 out of 4 of those "noobs" rolled a Chosen or Black Orc and as such even with no skill whatsoever take 30-40 seconds to kill. So even if you do manage to beat them it takes longer to kill them then it takes for the one you just killed to respawn and get back to the fight combine that with massive numbers and you get a never ending flow of people into a battle and making it almost impossible to push their line back until they get bored and leave.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

On ostermark(RP) once order gets a warband or 2 going desto has no hope. Last night we went through all 3 t2 zones taking everything then letting them recap so they dont run off ;)

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Originally posted by jakkars

Yay, after 6 battles where we lost, we finally won one. I think the reason is because there were not so many overpowered classes like black orcs, marauders and chosen this time.

You can't judge class balance by T1 scenarios. Tanks are not so leet once you get to tier 3.

• DloreDlore Member UncommonPosts: 462

I play Order for one: I just can't stand all the little Chosens running around, Destruction is basically all melee to me....there's some strategy involved in Order, the other reason is...I'm just not in the mood for anything dark...the Order's world looks so beautiful when it's first light out, especially in High Elves land...looks snowy....

Ya you heard me, Destruction is too dark for me!

Plus, what do you like better, winning everytime or fighting and actually having fun?.... I actually prefer losing then.....

Everything's so damn competetive to you isn't it!!!

• JenneroflokJenneroflok Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by vmoped

Originally posted by Magsato

I see no reason to play Order on a server that does not hav e a full population.
    Order rarely controls anything in open RVR, on Drifting Castle I have NEVER seen a single keep go Order since the Headstart began. Ever.
    When we do attempt to take keeps or control points we are either completely and totally outnumbered, or only outnumbered a little bit in which case we will still have 1 tank to their 8 or 9 and this leads to having to beat on their troops for about 3 times as long as it takes for them to beat on ours.
    One time I lead 15 people averaging lvl 15 into Ostland in order to take a Keep, there were no Destruction there at all. We got into the Keep easily, got past all the guards easily, but the Keep Lord would ust go around one shotting us, we had 2 tanks one 14, one 17, and they would both die so quickly from the 4 champs and one Hero that the healers couldnt keep them alive.
    I am sorry but right now I see no reason to participate in any sort of open RvR as my Order character, and honestly Scenarios suffer from the lack of tanks as well. I would say that at least 50% of players who would play as a Tank do not want to be a Dwarf or an Elf, we need our KotBS back...

We do not have this issue on my server: Badlands US core. In fact the order side was spanking us to begin with and now its starting to even out. If you do not like your server, then you can always reroll to a new one, or you can form a destruction guild and work together (in larger numbers).

Cheers!

Aye I agree,  on Badlands the sides are about even,  it all depends on who is working together that wins.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

On Volkmar it just seems that destruction loves to play healers while Order loves to play shadow warriors.... lol..

I'm on Order side and it seems that every scenario I get into over 60% of my team is a shadow warrior.. No DPS whatsoever, while over 80% of destruction are healers... DoK's being the MOST popular class over there.. You see zealots.. You see shaman.. and you see ass loads of DoK's.. Ass loads... Oh and then theres tanks..

So the problem is, that while destruction has a healer for everyone on their side, Order has a few bow shooters who fall very quickly...

Although in open RvR a few hardcore destro guilds "try" to conquer a whole racial pairing, they fail to, because the tiers below their teir is pretty much up to the lower levs to decide and on our server Order has been dominant down in those so, we should be good on that capitol raid stuff, even if they outnumber us at times...

I've said it before and will say it again.. We NEED more healers..lol

• MalthrosMalthros Member Posts: 239

This thread is making me feel good about all the scenarios I've been in where Order either won, or ended after 15 minutes with higher points (I dont consider ti a win, as the xp/rp suck ).

Ofcourse, I've only seen 2 keeps ever get taken by order, and even that ended with about 50 of us charging a keep, and a dozen or so destro were inside, and focus fired the tanks, then ran around with the npcs butchering everything.  All other keep raids end up the same, higher level, superior numbered Destruction defend the keep and there's not a chance in hell of taking it.

• Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170

I play destro on Pheonix Throne (US) and we get stomped in scenarios but open RvR and keeps seiges seems about even so far.

Before the servers wen to down I just left my 31st consectutive Tier 2 scenario loss.  I hit rank 17 and renown rank 14 without ever seeing a single victory, or hell, even close yet!  Usually it's a shutout type situation with Order capping everything, holding the relic and never even letting us get more than like 5 or 6 kills on them before the match is over.  It's literally like, 500 to 14 every single time. 

But you know what?  I know it's not like this on alot of servers and I'm enjoying being the underdog as Destro in scenarios and just wating it out until Tier 3 and Tier 4 when the real even challenge begins.  Then we will see who is boss eh, whoever's city falls, that will be the clue right there :)

Now  when I say "even challenge" I mean simply that in Tier 3 everyone will have a mount by default in the scenarios and victory doesn't automatically go to the side with the most mounts like in Tier 2.  Destro usually has like, one or two guys with mounts (If your lucky as hell, usually none tbh) while Order has around 3-6 guys level 20 and up.  This makes a huge imbalance in Tier 2 which I think will not be the case in Tier 3 since everyone will be mounted that advantage will be null.  Time will tell.

• BogSvarogBogSvarog Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Magsato

I see no reason to play Order on a server that does not hav e a full population.
    Order rarely controls anything in open RVR, on Drifting Castle I have NEVER seen a single keep go Order since the Headstart began. Ever.
    When we do attempt to take keeps or control points we are either completely and totally outnumbered, or only outnumbered a little bit in which case we will still have 1 tank to their 8 or 9 and this leads to having to beat on their troops for about 3 times as long as it takes for them to beat on ours.
    One time I lead 15 people averaging lvl 15 into Ostland in order to take a Keep, there were no Destruction there at all. We got into the Keep easily, got past all the guards easily, but the Keep Lord would ust go around one shotting us, we had 2 tanks one 14, one 17, and they would both die so quickly from the 4 champs and one Hero that the healers couldnt keep them alive.
    I am sorry but right now I see no reason to participate in any sort of open RvR as my Order character, and honestly Scenarios suffer from the lack of tanks as well. I would say that at least 50% of players who would play as a Tank do not want to be a Dwarf or an Elf, we need our KotBS back...

You have a kind of naive approach, since you have only experienced this on your server. Server populations will fluctuate according to different servers, as a matter of fact, Order was dominating T1 / T2 on my server.

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

Have you read any of this thread at all or did you just read my post and comment.

This EXACT situation is happening on EVERY server that isnt full/full or High/High, anything other then that has Order losing everything and rarely controlling any open RVR areas.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

i said i wasn't gonna pvp anymore but i figured i'd give it another chance, detroyed every time, i give up, i see no balance here -sigh- destro can keep destroying everyone till they have nobody wanting to pvp anymore, there is just something off, because when people talked about this game they said how well balanced it was and i'm not seeing it -shrugs-

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

Things have gone from bad to worse on my server I played for 2 hours in areas with PQs which give blue gear yet I never saw another order player.Its been 6 days now and order has yet to control anything and even T2 scenario's are few and far between now , to be frank I think i'am going to stop wasteing my time and stop playing.