Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly whats the point of playing Order?

I see no reason to play Order on a server that does not hav e a full population.

Order rarely controls anything in open RVR, on Drifting Castle I have NEVER seen a single keep go Order since the Headstart began. Ever.

When we do attempt to take keeps or control points we are either completely and totally outnumbered, or only outnumbered a little bit in which case we will still have 1 tank to their 8 or 9 and this leads to having to beat on their troops for about 3 times as long as it takes for them to beat on ours.

One time I lead 15 people averaging lvl 15 into Ostland in order to take a Keep, there were no Destruction there at all. We got into the Keep easily, got past all the guards easily, but the Keep Lord would ust go around one shotting us, we had 2 tanks one 14, one 17, and they would both die so quickly from the 4 champs and one Hero that the healers couldnt keep them alive.

I am sorry but right now I see no reason to participate in any sort of open RvR as my Order character, and honestly Scenarios suffer from the lack of tanks as well. I would say that at least 50% of players who would play as a Tank do not want to be a Dwarf or an Elf, we need our KotBS back...

Comments

• honkeytonkmahonkeytonkma Member Posts: 96

ORder get completely stomped by destruction

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

It's the same on my server any order who dare show there face's just get steam rolled by sheer numbers.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Magsato

I see no reason to play Order on a server that does not hav e a full population.
    Order rarely controls anything in open RVR, on Drifting Castle I have NEVER seen a single keep go Order since the Headstart began. Ever.
    When we do attempt to take keeps or control points we are either completely and totally outnumbered, or only outnumbered a little bit in which case we will still have 1 tank to their 8 or 9 and this leads to having to beat on their troops for about 3 times as long as it takes for them to beat on ours.
    One time I lead 15 people averaging lvl 15 into Ostland in order to take a Keep, there were no Destruction there at all. We got into the Keep easily, got past all the guards easily, but the Keep Lord would ust go around one shotting us, we had 2 tanks one 14, one 17, and they would both die so quickly from the 4 champs and one Hero that the healers couldnt keep them alive.
    I am sorry but right now I see no reason to participate in any sort of open RvR as my Order character, and honestly Scenarios suffer from the lack of tanks as well. I would say that at least 50% of players who would play as a Tank do not want to be a Dwarf or an Elf, we need our KotBS back...

We do not have this issue on my server: Badlands US core. In fact the order side was spanking us to begin with and now its starting to even out. If you do not like your server, then you can always reroll to a new one, or you can form a destruction guild and work together (in larger numbers).

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• fedfiercefedfierce Member UncommonPosts: 60

OP, my server is actually really Order dominant, you should check out Dark Crag (open RvR). We basically win 80% of the scenarios are occupy generally most of the world RvR.

Hope this helped.

Edit: Spelling :/

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

Full servers dont have the issue as both sides are equally packed. Come to one tht isnt full and see what its like in Open RVR... its not fun at all...

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Hey, if you don't want to be on the losing side, you can roll Destro on another server.

But that's the quitter's way out. /Shrug

I think it's best for all new Order players to avoid the high-population servers, because more often than not they have tons of Destruction. That way, the lower pop. servers will have lots of Order and the Destruction players on the big servers will be lonesome .

• SimkynSimkyn Member Posts: 42

Yeah it's really going to depend on what server you play on. Some people like to play with a little more difficulty and pick servers where their side is lacking in people. Some people like easy mode and play on servers with overpowered sides. I'm middleground as my mood changes daily. If you pick one of the more populated servers, you get a lot of middleground days. Sometimes order kicks the crap out of us even though we have a fraction more destruction players. Actually the past few times I've RvR'd, order has cleaned house on us. When you win though, the victory is sweet. Just pick a server suited to what you desire and you'll be happy. Dont lock yourself into one and think thats the only option you have.

Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

Hey, if you don't want to be on the losing side, you can roll Destro on another server.
    I think it's best for all new Order players to avoid the high-population servers, because more often than not they have tons of Destruction. That way, the lower pop. servers will have lots of Order and the Destruction players on the big servers will be lonesome .

It doesn't work that way i'am afraid it's the low pop relms that are haveing the problems,with high pop severs at least you know you won't be out numbered.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827
    Originally posted by Newhopes

Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

It doesn't work that way i'am afraid it's the low pop relms that are haveing the problems,with high pop severs at least you know you won't be out numbered.

Eh, worked for me, at first...Destro is balancing it out now, but still.

It's also a time of day thing. I've noticed even on the high pop servers, if you play late in the evening, it's not that people give up, it's that they have jobs or school and need sleep before. High pop servers are a good way to go if you want to be safe in groups. Just have to pick one to your liking. There's good days and bad days. Even on a low pop server, I'm sure you'd find your side wins occasionally, just have to be around for those wins. Those wins are the really sweet ones.

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

I'm having a great time playing Order on Pheonix Throne. It's still a struggle, but we've managed to do really well so far. Every time I log in each realm controls an almost equal amount of tier zones.. sometimes I even see more blue than red, and I have to say, it is much more rewarding to be outnumbered and manage to hold objectives and win scenarios.

I also played on Badlands as destruction, and Order was in control. I guess it depends on the guilds/server.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

On my server at least Scenarios aren't to bad where normaly out lvled but at least you stand a chance but open RvR area's you can forget about even trying last time I tryed there was about 12 order against 30-40 dest it was just a waste of time, it just ended up with us sitting in our camp taking pot shoots at each other.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

It is also because of the people who are playing each side. Order players tend to be a bit more solo oriented, while Destruction players have a more ganglike mentality. Also Order players are more prone to role playing and PvE, and Destruction has more hardcore PvPers. That's a broad generalization and I am sure there are many exceptions to that, but as a whole it is an accurate statement.

Unfortunately as time goes by we are going to see Order populations dropping off as Order players grow tired of the shallow PvE while Destruction players revel in their dominance.

There needs to be a third faction like in DAoC. I don't think there is any in the lore of the Warhammer universe, but I'm not that familier with Warhammer, so I could be wrong.

The reason Order lacks so badly is simply looks.

People want to look cool and feel powerful. A massive hulking suit of armor with spikes looks a hell of a lot more cool and a hell of alot stronger then a skinny elf with a skirt. Dwarfs are their own brand of failure, they are love/hate and love/hate doesnt make for alot of players.

If they spent half the time making Order classes look as cool as Destruction classes then perhaps it wouldnt be so damn one sided. Look at all the screenshots in game Manual, all done on Destruction characters.

Order doesnt stand a chance unless you want to wait through queues to play.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215

I see it slowly balancing out. Most gamers I know in my circle of friends dont want to just steam roll every scenario and battle. They want it to be more fun. So they switched sides and started from scratch.

It will even out I believe.

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
    Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again

• mrnutz1065mrnutz1065 Member Posts: 228

The chaos look badass. Orcs look cool in their armour. The high elves look like pansies in their little dresses, and nobody seems to roll the dwarves. On Eu servers last time I checked pretty much all the servers had a higher destruction population. On our server we are getting absolutely annihilated.

• syxxsyxx Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by Narshe

I'm having a great time playing Order on Pheonix Throne. It's still a struggle, but we've managed to do really well so far. Every time I log in each realm controls an almost equal amount of tier zones.. sometimes I even see more blue than red, and I have to say, it is much more rewarding to be outnumbered and manage to hold objectives and win scenarios.
    I also played on Badlands as destruction, and Order was in control. I guess it depends on the guilds/server.

Aye its the same on Volkmar, last night i logged on to do some scenarios and order controlled the entire tier 2 rvr, even both of the keeps in Nordland/troll country... i was like wow they deserve alot of respect lol.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I am loving order on Phoenix throne as well.

Again it's server choice. I've been rolled a lot by Dwarves and Elves alike. The dwarf engineer and that rotating gun they make is a pain. It'll all even out in the end and other people are right, no one likes to just win win win all the time. it gets boring, eventually you'll have people head to the other side when they get past the newness.

Originally posted by Simkyn

Again it's server choice. I've been rolled a lot by Dwarves and Elves alike. The dwarf engineer and that rotating gun they make is a pain. It'll all even out in the end and other people are right, no one likes to just win win win all the time. it gets boring, eventually you'll have people head to the other side when they get past the newness.

I don't think thats going to happen if anything the reverse is happening on my server with all the order rerolling dest we went from med order med dest to low order high dest in a matter of a few days.

Well if thats the case, maybe pick a different server. I still think it'll balance out. It's a fluid situation which could change on a daily basis. Who knows. Just pick servers where the balance is how you like it, and you should be fine.

Says a destruction player.

Yes people DO like to win win win all the time, that what people are playing this game for. Yes we do own people all the time but as a whole we are completely insignificant and honestly there are 3 options right now.

1. Switch to Destrucion

2. Do PvE only

3. Quit

Quite frankly its a toss up between 1 and 3 for me.

Well if thats the case, maybe pick a different server. I still think it'll balance out. It's a fluid situation which could change on a daily basis. Who knows. Just pick servers where the balance is how you like it, and you should be fine.

While that may work for a single player it doesnt work for guilds. You cant just tell everyone to re roll on another server and hope for the best there. I know I for one dont want to play the 1-15 game anymore, I did that about 5 times now, not even counting for multiple classes.

Balance is effed atm, because there is none unless your on a full server. the KotBS needs to be put in regardless of state because we NEED tanks to balance the game.

Says a destruction player.

Yes people DO like to win win win all the time, that what people are playing this game for. Yes we do own people all the time but as a whole we are completely insignificant and honestly there are 3 options right now.

1. Switch to Destrucion

2. Do PvE only

3. Quit

Quite frankly its a toss up between 1 and 3 for me.

Except there's no challenge in winning all the time and therefore no bragging rights or real fun of any sort. If Destruction won all the time on my server, I'd switch right quick to another server or switch to Order just so I can say it was a challenge to win. Otherwise it does get boring after a while. I'm sure there's some people out there who feel that way. Some people like playing the underdog as well.

Not that winning all the time isn't fun. It's just over time, for me and I'd suspect others, it'll lose it's luster.

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

While that may work for a single player it doesnt work for guilds. You cant just tell everyone to re roll on another server and hope for the best there. I know I for one dont want to play the 1-15 game anymore, I did that about 5 times now, not even counting for multiple classes.

Balance is effed atm, because there is none unless your on a full server. the KotBS needs to be put in regardless of state because we NEED tanks to balance the game.

I've been reading a lot of posts worrying about balance on the WHA forums. One guy made an interesting point that the aesthetics of destruction vs order is the biggest threat to the success of the game right now.