Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convince Me

I have a level 50 Captain on this game and I have been playing on and off for the past few months. I recently cancelled my account due to Warhammer coming. I am on the line between the 2 games. Someone convince me why I should go back to LotRO =]

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Why? Both are great games and I enjoy them both!

Play WAR for a couple of months and then come back when Mines of Moria releases if you want something new!

LotrO = Best PvE

WAR = Best PvP

=Win :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• clamdipclamdip Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by kinghart0126

Someone convince me why I should go back to LotRO =]

No.

• kinghart0126kinghart0126 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by clamdip

No.

Are you done?

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

In your opinion..whats the difference between the 2? Like what do you do in PVP in LOTRO that is different from what you do in PVP in WAR? Or PVE or whatever. Just asking, maybe the answer will help you decide.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

For me its really just about the math..

Lotro

• Better PvE
    • Better Graphics
    • Larger and more open world to explore
    • Turbines great updates
    • Great Role Playing support
    • Better Crafting
    • Better community

WAR

• Better PvP/RvR
    • Playing in the Old World
    • New Game (which will wear off fast)

Lotro - 7

WAR - 3

Lotro win

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

If you have a level 50 character on here, you should be playing WAR until Moria comes out. You've probably gone trhough most of this game's content, I would guess. Unless you have a lot of in game friends to keep you, I can't think of a reason to stay. Unless you've got a lifetime sub (then I wouldn't know why you would be asking...)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

Yeah, go ahead and play WAR. After a while (maybe short, maybe long), you'll probably get bored with it and want something else. Then you'll have LotRO to come back to. Then, after a while, you'll get bored of LotRO, you can swing back to WAR.

• musicman2000musicman2000 Member Posts: 91

yah I think most have said it already -- from what I"ve heard from friends beta testing WAR is great for PvP but sucky for PvE so it depends on what youw ant to do in game.  LOTRO's PvP isn't that great, but the PvE is stellar not to mention the best visuals and RP support in any MMO.  so it all goes down to your style of play -- if you're a pvper I'd go WAR.

• clamdipclamdip Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by clamdip

No.

Are you done?

Yes.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Papadam

Play WAR for a couple of months and then come back when Mines of Moria releases if you want something new!
    LotrO = Best PvE
    WAR = Best PvP
    =Win :)

X2

I really could not get past the graphics and animations of WAR enough to justify buying it, I did enjoy the PvP. As others said if the PvP is your main interest then WAR is a great game, but if you want the best PvE, LoTRO wins hands down.

I miss DAoC

• DarkhosisDarkhosis Member Posts: 33

Pre-ordered Warhammer.  Played the beta that came with the pre-order.  After 2 days I ended up cancelling my Warhammer pre-order.

You're level 50 so you already know what LOTRO is.

The reason to continue playing LOTRO is Moria is right around the corner and there will be multiple free content upgrades after that.  Some of LOTRO free content updates are better than some MMORPG's expansions.

Bottom line is you play the game that is more fun for you personally.  Be it LOTRO or checkers.