Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be a new server in the future?

xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Dont get me wrong. I have played EVE Online for two weeks trial and was impressed with it. I just cant help feeling that I missed the early days of EVE back in either 2003 or 2004. I will definitely be playing for long term if there will be a new server.

Comments

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

What would be the point of another server ? You get to start from scratch ?,and if there were a new server it could cause population imbalances between the 2 servers.

Seriously,EVE is probably the only game that can support 40k+ people playing on a single server,and it can support 150 ship battles without major lag,unless you run absolutly everything on max on a bad rig.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

The only benefit you would get from starting on a new server is setting back the vets on their skill totals, which is not much of a benefit for several reasons:

1) As is often said, Vets can't use all their skills at once.

2) Knowledge is more powerful than skills in many cases, and being new means you'll still be just as weak as you would be on an old server, even if your skills are the same.

3) Related to #2, since the Vets will already know what they are doing, they will be able to very quickly establish a manufacturing base and be in more powerful ships within a very short period.

A server reset would accomplish almost nothing, since the game focuses more on knowledge of the game systems and on teamwork rather than leveling skills.

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

Take it from a player with 2 characters with 5 and 10 million SP respectively.  This isn't WoW or EQ, you don't need a new server to be successful and competitive.  If you are ready to rise to a challenge, but a manageable one, join us on the current server.  OTOH, if you feel you can't compete on the established server, chances are you wouldn't fare much better if a new server opened up.

Trust me, I have a blast whenever I play, and there are players in our corp who with < 1 month old characters who are having just as much fun PvPing as I am.

Again, this isn't WoW, and WoW rules don't apply here.  So stop making excuses for not playing and get in there!  ;)

• DonTrumpDonTrump Member Posts: 104

Amen

Originally posted by Eschiava

OTOH, if you feel you can't compete on the established server, chances are you wouldn't fare much better if a new server opened up.