Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Clone! AND GrindFest

Comments

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

They never called it a WoW clone (if they did, shoot them). Only heard of L2 clone so far.

Anyway, although I was really looking to this game. After seeing a movie of their combat, I've lost all interest. But it's music got me hooked at the same time. I'm not looking forward to this game anymore, but will try it later. However it is by no means a WoW clone, and hopefully not a grinder. Quests don't mean it won't be a grind, Kill 20 X, etc...

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by blackhand231

I just hate it when people come to these fourms and post stupid ass comments like "oh this game is just another WoW clone." or "Just another Korean Grindfest.". it makes me sad to see how stupid and ignorant some people are. if your going to say shit about a game do some research on it then come here and post.
    I will admit this game is a little bit like WoW, but then again what game isnt?  it has been stated thousands of times before that Aion isnt really anything new its just taking stuff from other games and improving them, and throwing in a new feature in every now and then. like the stigma system, and the fact you can take stats from one set of armor and put them on another. This game isnt trying anything new instead its just playing it safe. this game looks like its going to be a nice Solid Game. So those who want to play a game that isnt going to fall apart on them i would look into this.
    And for those who say this is just another asian grinder LOL. this also has been stated that this game is going for a more weastern style game (questing and such). so plz All people who come to these fourms PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ do some research instead of just leaving stuipid ignorant comments.

Sorry for the Rant everyone.....

Yeah, most people is stupid an ignorant. Im sure 100% about that and we all see this day after day in our jobs or studies. Is a truth, we can't fight against it. sigh...

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by erandur

They never called it a WoW clone (if they did, shoot them). Only heard of L2 clone so far.
    Anyway, although I was really looking to this game. After seeing a movie of their combat, I've lost all interest. But it's music got me hooked at the same time. I'm not looking forward to this game anymore, but will try it later. However it is by no means a WoW clone, and hopefully not a grinder. Quests don't mean it won't be a grind, Kill 20 X, etc...

Just wondering, what part of the combat didn't you like? I got to test it at GC and combat is going to be one of their biggest selling points imho. Fluid and fun as no other.

Would be great also if you pointed at the video you saw, just cause there are some unfortunate "GM buffed" videos that made it look bad due to the extreme high speed of skills, and there are many others with older builds of the game that don't look at all like the combat looks now.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I agree with the OP.

It is stupid to say that this game it s a WoW clone, simply it isn't.

That's becase it is a Lineage 2 clone, or better it's Lineage 3 with a different name.

Sorry guys, nothing new here.

If you liked Lineage 2 you will love this game, if you hated it (like most of us did) then you gonna loathe this game.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by ste2000

I agree with the OP.

That's becase it is a Lineage 2 clone, or better it's Lineage 3 with a different name.

If you liked Lineage 2 you will love this game, if you hated it (like most of us did) then you gonna loathe this game.

Hey, a troll :o

• WrithWrith Member Posts: 85

Wow for someone to venture into these former and read a thread only to not really take any knowledge away from the posts along the way and say something so blantently wrong... That is a very sad and dedicated troll

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by ste2000

I agree with the OP.

This is a sad post, I've read some of your other posts in the WAR forum and agreed with some of the things you said therefore I'll just assume you're an ignorant biased fool when it comes to Aion and you based your opinions on screenshots and little else. A pitty I expect more from people with a brain. 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

To the OP. These forums exist not only for people like you who get totally involved with a game and hours and hours researching a game and then comes to a forum to show of their (lack of real life) and leet game knowledge but also for those people who dont have the time nor the interest to do research about a game but rather want to ask a simple question.

Originally posted by Yamota

To the OP. These forums exist not only for people like you who get totally involved with a game and hours and hours researching a game and then comes to a forum to show of their (lack of real life) and leet game knowledge but also for those people who dont have the time nor the interest to do research about a game but rather want to ask a simple question.

That's a really good point.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

Aion doesn't look at WoW at all and they doesn't have the same features as them, maybe Warhammer looks more like World of Warcraft with better grapical. I'm also hated people complaining about and saying it's a WoW clones, every people that said it's a WoW clone know nothing about MMORPG, all MMORPG is quite much the same.

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

I also agree, this is a good point.

But, Forgive me if I'm wrong, I believe the OP is referring to the constant trolling who don't give a rat's ass and insist Aion is a WoW clone or Korean grindfest and not people in general asking: "Is this a WoW clone?" or "Is this a Korean grindfest?".

I don't know about you, but to me that's a big difference. Eh.  *shrugs*

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69

LOL this makes me laugh every time i see it. i didnt spend hours upon hours looking into this game. I spent maybe an hour tops. and isnt that what most people do when they find somthing interesting to them. and im not showing off my leet game knoledge im just saying it pisses me off when people who do NO research at all come to these fourms and shit on it. And when someone who does have a question asks it i would be more than happy to answer, But how do you answer to "Nothing new here just another korean grindfest." so here is what i have to say to you.... (look below)

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

..........................'...../

..........''............. _.·´

..........................(

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Google it seems is so dam hard to use these days i guess.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

LOL this makes me laugh every time i see it. i didnt spend hours upon hours looking into this game. blah blah blah....

If you look at the post you replied with this a bit more objectively you'll realize you're both right.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Well a lot of this type of talk came from some korean beta testers who said that the game is very similar to WoW in the early levels being quest based, and that later as the quests ran out they began to grind.  Most of the people here can't read an early beta report and realize that beta isn't the final product so if they already don't like the game and they read something like that they latch onto it and spam it everywhere they can.

They will come back here close to launch and spam the same crap even if it's outdated information.  It is just how these boards work.  There are a ton of ignorant people out there, and for some reason they love to show off their ignorance.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by ProfRed

Well a lot of this type of talk came from some korean beta testers who said that the game is very similar to WoW in the early levels being quest based, and that later as the quests ran out they began to grind.  Most of the people here can't read an early beta report and realize that beta isn't the final product so if they already don't like the game and they read something like that they latch onto it and spam it everywhere they can.
    They will come back here close to launch and spam the same crap even if it's outdated information.  It is just how these boards work.  There are a ton of ignorant people out there, and for some reason they love to show off their ignorance.

Well it is a WoW like game in some respects.  It is a fantasy MMO based around the holy trinity and questing.  I would actually say its coming off the Everquest line of games rather than referencing WoW because WoW was very similar to Everquest in terms of game mechanics. 

However it is doing a lot of things very, very differently.  So while I think they were accurate to say its similar to WoW because its obviously closer than something like Fallen Earth or Stargate Worlds, I think its totally inaccurate to call WoW clone when they're so obviously doing so much differently. 

As for these boards, I fully expect to read tons of posts like:  "Oh my God, how does Aion have 3 million subscribers the game is a WoW clone with bad graphics and has no sandbox elements.  OMG this game is terrible it will be dead in 3 months/6 months/2 years/sometime after WoW dies.  When Darkfall comes out in 2009/2010/2012/2017 it will blow this game away."  These boards suck like that.

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

they say in a video on aionsource.com that the game is influence by western and eastern games and there trying to balance out the grinding and the quest.

"we are filling the game with as much content as possible."

• myoushumyoushu Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by ganbee

Simply said aion=korean or where ever grind fest!
    I say that because free to play or ftp games are shit and always will be, does the sword look bigger than tha avatar/toon then it is korean or china develop. You give me something original and I will play it,but most asian companies follow blueprints, and guess what we kinda set the market for that! Think NEW! New standards not buy "x" weapon on item store. The most ridiculous thinking ever heard of! Entropia is a great game go play it=(

First of all, there is no chance in hell that Aion will be F2P. I would bet my entire savings that NCSoft is banking on this as their big hit MMO and that they will want to get every dollar out of this. That being said, I would believe that this game will be P2P. Even so, NCSoft hasn't decided on a payment plan yet, so what you just said and what I said are speculation.

I don't see how you can think this game is cartoonish. You're just being ridiculous. At best, it could be considered fantasy, which it is, and does not necessarily have to be based on reality. Having a sword that is bigger than your character is not an indication of being cartoony.

This is a cartoon.

This is not.

By the way, I took the liberty of checking out this Entropia game, and I must say that you are in dire need of a class of art history so you have some idea of what you're talking about when you look at this sort of thing.

Let me do the same thing you did: "Wow this interface looks similar to WoW's. The minimap, the chat log in the lower left hand corner, the keybindings to numbers 1-9. Oh, and let me guess, you have to grind in order to level. The environments are bare and all the models are heavily stylized (i.e. CARTOONY)."

Aion has graphics that far surpass this game and if I had to compare which one had character models that looks more realistic, I'd say Aion leaves your precious Entropia in the crapper.

By the way, if you've read any of the Aion previews, you'll see that writers have specifically mentioned that Aion is a complete deviation from the mindless grinding of the typical Korean MMO. Go ahead and look it up.

• soulpinchersoulpincher Member Posts: 5

Im glad to see everyone is still in spirits about the game. I think that the wait for this game has just pushed a new record and this game is in know way a wow clone.

I'm thinking the only reason the WoW reference came in with Korean testers is because the grind is much less then let's say L2 and everyone knows or is familiar by now how WoW's leveling curve is... It's just  point of reference and little more.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• AidenKossoriAidenKossori Member Posts: 7

If the ignorant heaps of Stupid that believe that Aion is a 'WoW Clone/Grindfest" want to Hate on this game, let them. I'm GLAD they disapprove of a game they've never experienced, so that I will not have to deal with their antics in game.

Remember kids. World of Warcraft wasn't the first MMORPG.

Not every game succeeding WoW is a WoW Clone.

WoW itself took many of its features (Including it's interface, and.. nearly every aspect of it, aside from its lore.) from MMORPG's before it.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

People seem to think that Aion is "just another". I'm tired of hearing that. NCsoft stated word for word that they were no longer making games in the fashion of grinding. They changed Lineage 2 to show this, and the second part of that update is coming soon.

They said Aion will play very similarly to World of Warcraft, but it will also have a much more involved story, and characters. The sooner people learn to accept that, the better!

Also, I would also be willing to bet they are going to make this game a subscription model. They've been treating this as a premiere triple A title.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I just hate it when people come to these fourms and post stupid ass comments like "oh this game is just another WoW clone." or "Just another Korean Grindfest.". it makes me sad to see how stupid and ignorant some people are. if your going to say shit about a game do some research on it then come here and post.
    I will admit this game is a little bit like WoW, but then again what game isnt?  it has been stated thousands of times before that Aion isnt really anything new its just taking stuff from other games and improving them, and throwing in a new feature in every now and then. like the stigma system, and the fact you can take stats from one set of armor and put them on another. This game isnt trying anything new instead its just playing it safe. this game looks like its going to be a nice Solid Game. So those who want to play a game that isnt going to fall apart on them i would look into this.
    And for those who say this is just another asian grinder LOL. this also has been stated that this game is going for a more weastern style game (questing and such). so plz All people who come to these fourms PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ do some research instead of just leaving stuipid ignorant comments.

Since it's not in open beta, we can't test it out for ourselves. Frankly, an article stating how Aion will have a "western gaming style" means shit. Why? All MMO's have a grind. Asian MMO's have it a lot more, but still. I fail to see how Aion will be different in that aspect.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Since it's not in open beta, we can't test it out for ourselves. Frankly, an article stating how Aion will have a "western gaming style" means shit. Why? All MMO's have a grind. Asian MMO's have it a lot more, but still. I fail to see how Aion will be different in that aspect.

Question: do you think WOW has grinding, or are you just using a loose definition of the word GRIND. Someone's view of the word grind depends on the person. The way you put it ( All mmo's have a grind) sounds very loose indeed. FPS's now days have grinding to get rank or gear. I see it as time spent to reach a goal. WOW is very short grind, Silkroad is very long. Aion will not be like wow but not as long as you think. I know because that is what the Dev's have stated and what the playtesters have stated in all three CB's. You fail to see because you fail to research. So please do yourself a favour and read the post above yours.    Have a nice day.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by stayontarget

Question: do you think WOW has grinding, or are you just using a loose definition of the word GRIND. Someone's view of the word grind depends on the person. The way you put it ( All mmo's have a grind) sounds very loose indeed. FPS's now days have grinding to get rank or gear. I see it as time spent to reach a goal. WOW is very short grind, Silkroad is very long. Aion will not be like wow but not as long as you think. I know because that is what the Dev's have stated and what the playtesters have stated in all three CB's. You fail to see because you fail to research. So please do yourself a favour and read the post above yours.    Have a nice day.

Nice post, the difference with WoW and L2 is the level grind really and that's pretty much what gets people's goats. Most I would say are ok with gear grind, PVP grind and dungeon grind, but not the endless leve4l grind and thankfully NCsoft has caught on.

That said WoW can be incredibly grindy, LotrO which is insanely casual and easy to gain levels in, has a lot of grind too, it's called faction grind. Eq2 is supposedly easy mode now as well, well excuse me but they also have title grind, faction grind, raids and what not.

The game of the moment does not have less grind, it just has cleverly disguised grind, or the kind of grind people aren't aversed to spending time in.

What the hell would an MMO be without any grind at all? What would you be trying to achieve? Seriously :P

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)