Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceling after ONE day - This game is a mess

Comments

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Is this guy a moron or what?Did you even play the game?Half the stuff your whining about isnt even true at all.The other half i have no clue what your talking about.You are playing Warhammer online rite?

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• Alan0nAlan0n Member Posts: 576

Any statements for the OP are bull... well  - at least till he finds the auchtion house.... 

lol - Seriously ...

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

I feel sorry for the OP. It must be really sad to live like this.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Railgunner

Well that's nice to know... now wtf is a "Warcamp" and how would I know if I was in one?  And who would I talk to to go to a major city? 

Oh come on man do your research! Do you want me to just play for you. Your post is so far off the mark it is not even funny. You seem to be the one that is the mess not the game.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hay everyone I figured out whats going on !!!!!!

The OP works for Funcom, and he need people to play his game.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Obviously never even read about the game. And only 11 posts? Me smells something fishy...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

I don't have the problems the OP is mentioning. My only probs concern customization and that isn't a biggie.

I think the OP is getting impatient in game and causing all the problems to himself. Operator headspace.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Redmow

I don't have the problems the OP is mentioning. My only probs concern customization and that isn't a biggie.
     I think the OP is getting impatient in game and causing all the problems to himself. Operator headspace.

if someone comes from wow and is accustomed to everything being handed to them... yeah, it's hard to think for half a minute and figure something out on their own.

wow is pretty amazingly simple, OP...

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• NocumaNocuma Member Posts: 97

The chat system is almost like Eq and Eq2... use "r" to reply and in eq2 they break up the chat channels by lvl.. like chat level 1-9" would be /1; chat level 10-19 would be /2. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

This thread turned into the usual, "you either like WAR or you are an idiot", from the 2nd or 3rd post.  Whats going on with you WAR fans? Are you getting a bit worried about your "masterpiece"?

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250

HAHA OP got totally pwned. Wont even come back to his thread.

Loving WAR..but u know someones gotta hate..usually ignorant stupid mofos - this thread is a fine example

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Wow... where to begin...
    Chat is broken so horribly no one even tries to use it but gold spammers.  It's completely dead otherwise.  
    One suggestion... When you make these statements, understand that it was your personal experience and not necessarily the same for everyone.
    That said, I've not had any problems. I've chatted with people in /say, in /tell and in /party without issue. Perhaps you were just on at odd times and/or among extraordinarily quiet people... and it *was* only a day, and I'm assuming you were playing the entire day. You could log into almost any game and find it quiet (or quieter) at times than at others.
    Not saying you didn't experience what you did.. Just saying don't assume it's like that all the time, or for everyone.
    It's so bad I tried messaging the gold spammer just to see someone actually say something.  I clicked on the name in chat and nothing.    I guess the only way to respond to someone is to type their name?  WTF?
    In my /tell conversations, it automatically provided "/tell -name-" for the person who last PM'd me.  I didn't have to click or type their name. I just had to type my message and hit enter.
    You can't link items in chat so if you do happen to find something nice, chances are it will not be usable for your class, there's no way to trade or sell it.
    And this is a horrible thing? It's a feature, not a requirement of gameplay (unless showing off nice items is a core necessity of a MMO for you). I'm sure it'll be added at some point; for now they probably had more important things to focus on for launch and prioritized.
    I'm assuming there's no auction house or at least I have not been able to find one.
    There's an auction house and people are using it. There's actually a recent article right on this site, an interview with one of the developers, where they discuss that very feature.
    Solo quests somehow magically turn in group quests???  You can be working an area and suddenly the monsters turn into completely different level mobs that one shot you?  Meanwhile you can't complete the noob quests because all the monsters in the area are suddenly impossible to kill?  Unexaplained timers showing up on the screen, when you joined nothing???  It's like just being in the area autojoins you to stuff? 
    Umm... what? I've never had mobs change level on me. If it's a quest to kill 5, 10 or 20 mobs, the last mob I kill has been the same level as the last. Perhaps you're encountering mobs within a certain level range, like... level 8-10 mixed together. Those exist, but then, that's nothing new.
    I've never had a solo quest turn into a "group" quest. And the only timers I've seen show up on screen was the count-down from 10 when I run into an open RvR area... that's basically a "turn back now if you don't want to be open to attack from enemies" timer.
    Video options?  No gamma control and game is dark as hell.  I've got a headache from hell from squinting all weekend trying to see wtf I'm doing.
    Can't speak to the gamma thing. The game is fine on my monitor and yours is the first I've seen of peopel complaining about it (not to say it's not happening.. just that it's not a common issue that I've seen).
    Basically the game is about 1/2 complete.  It's a mess.  It's AOC all over again. 
    Wow. Exaggerate much?
    Nothing makes sense and with chat so horribly broke you can't even find a guild if you wanted to join one.  I thought AOC was bad, but my God, this POS takes the cake.    
    Well, it's unfortunate you were confused by the game and you  had trouble with the chat system. I can't relate to either charge, personally (I'm sure that immediately makes me a "fanboy"... Try again). Again, I acknowledge that you're invoking AoC to give your arguments more "oomph". But, you should realize that it's a hollow comparison at best.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

why is everyone calling the op a troll.he has some valid points,and the game is a little choatic and confusing,it defintely needs work.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

This thread turned into the usual, "you either like WAR or you are an idiot", from the 2nd or 3rd post.  Whats going on with you WAR fans? Are you getting a bit worried about your "masterpiece"?

Dont gimmie that shitt.I know everygame isnt for everyone and i know WAR is definately a niche game being a pvp game through and through.The game probabaly wont get more then 300-500k subs and thats fine its a great pvp game.I just hate when people come to give there opinion on why they dislike a game and spout off shitt thats not even true and completely rediculous.If your gonna give your opinion and give us a review do it correctly and actually play the game first.Most these people are just being downrite rediculous.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• fordzillafordzilla Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

The OP is either a troll or he didn't read the manual or anything about the game at all.
    Auction house is located in the Capital City which can be flown to from any warcamp.
    Timers and Mobs changing in power are during Public Quests which if the OP had bothered reading anything he would know about.

Chat isn't used because everyone is actually playing and having fun and not sitting in the city telling idiotic chuck norris jokes or spamming skill names as a joke. 

you know that really isn't a valid argument right? there are people enjoying every single mmo listed here and all of them have active chat on some level. he is correct in disliking a lack of social content in a game advertized as "massive multiplayer"

• OrionManOrionMan Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

The OP is either a troll or he didn't read the manual or anything about the game at all.
    Auction house is located in the Capital City which can be flown to from any warcamp.
    Timers and Mobs changing in power are during Public Quests which if the OP had bothered reading anything he would know about.

Chat isn't used because everyone is actually playing and having fun and not sitting in the city telling idiotic chuck norris jokes or spamming skill names as a joke. 

I think we should take it somewhat easy on these troll statements.. The guy is simply asking for the RP content in the MMORPG he just bought. And what seem to become very clear for every day that passes in WAR post-launch... There is no RP in WAR.

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Wow... where to begin...
    Chat is broken so horribly no one even tries to use it but gold spammers.  It's completely dead otherwise.  
    It's so bad I tried messaging the gold spammer just to see someone actually say something.  I clicked on the name in chat and nothing.    I guess the only way to respond to someone is to type their name?  WTF?
    You can't link items in chat so if you do happen to find something nice, chances are it will not be usable for your class, there's no way to trade or sell it.
    I'm assuming there's no auction house or at least I have not been able to find one.
    Solo quests somehow magically turn in group quests???  You can be working an area and suddenly the monsters turn into completely different level mobs that one shot you?  Meanwhile you can't complete the noob quests because all the monsters in the area are suddenly impossible to kill?  Unexaplained timers showing up on the screen, when you joined nothing???  It's like just being in the area autojoins you to stuff? 
    Video options?  No gamma control and game is dark as hell.  I've got a headache from hell from squinting all weekend trying to see wtf I'm doing.
    Basically the game is about 1/2 complete.  It's a mess.  It's AOC all over again.  Nothing makes sense and with chat so horribly broke you can't even find a guild if you wanted to join one.  I thought AOC was bad, but my God, this POS takes the cake.     

Holy christ man, try actually playing the game and finding out what things are before giving up. it's obvious you gave WAR absolutely NO CHANCE before writing it off as you are COMPLETELY WRONG on most points.

There is nothing wrong with chat, at all. It works fine. Try hitting the "R" key to reply to the last person that sent you a tell...you know, the same convention used in almost every MMO since freaking EQ!!!  Also, I talk to people all the time with no problems, so, don't know what's wrong with you that people aren't speaking to you. Maybe it's b/c your so quick to jump to wrong conclusions and ASS-U-ME that things aren't working and no is doing anything.

Here is the only thing I think you actually got right. There isn't item linking in chat for whatever reason, but that's only b/c they couldn't get it in in time, but it IS on thier list of things to do. How do I know this? I was an Elder Tester and we spoke about it in beta.

Auction Houses? There are AT LEAST 2 AH's in Altdorf and Inevitable City (2 in each city,as in more then one in a city)  that I know of, and they are highly visible and marked on the city map. You obviously didn't look very hard.

I don't have any idea what you're talking about w/ solo quests turning into group quests, but maybe you are reffering to solo quests leading you into areas where there is a Public Quest? And, if you are actually complaining about that, you're a moron. It's awesome, the game actually tells you where all the awesome PQs are, and you're whining about it? You also don't have to join in a PQ, but when you enter an area where there is one, the PQ tracker pops up, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to do it. And mobs increasing in strength only happens in the later stages of PQs, and it's perfectly natural as the PQs are made for the public, and thus more then one person

OMG, another thing you got right...there is no gamma control (at least, I don't think so). But I don't know what you're talking about w/ the game being overly dark. Yeah, it's kinda dark, and gritty, but I have no trouble seeing anything.

With this last statement you show you're complete and utter level of moronity. WAR is having one of the smoothest launches of any MMO, and UNLIKE AoC, is content complete. There is no missing endgame, there are NO advertised features that are missing, the game isn't buggy as hell, there is content for all levels and classes, and all the systems are in place, and functional. I usually don't make comments of a personal nature on forums, but dear god you are either a TERRIBLE troll, or a complete dummy. I don't care if you didn't give the game a chance, it's your loss. But you are absolutely wrong about most of the statements you made.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Wow... where to begin...
    Basically the game is about 1/2 complete.  It's a mess.  It's AOC all over again.  Nothing makes sense and with chat so horribly broke you can't even find a guild if you wanted to join one.  I thought AOC was bad, but my God, this POS takes the cake.    

Man....I can't even respond to the idiocy in this post......
    just give up on computing, it dosen't suit you.
    You will never have the intelligence required for any other game than WoW.
    Try learning a bit more about a game b4 buying it.
    Learn to adjust the Gamma on your monitor.
    l2p

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551

Well that's nice to know... now wtf is a "Warcamp" and how would I know if I was in one?  And who would I talk to to go to a major city? 

What does it matter? You cancelled after ONE day, remember?

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

Sadly I think i'll be joining him after the free month is over not because of his his point but purely on the pop balance,if the pop balance doesn't start to balance out in the next few weeks I can see this game dieing very quicky as a pvp game with only one side gets boreing very quicky.It's a shame because I really like the game but early indications aren't promiseing with alot of the order players rerolling.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by Newhopes

Sadly I think i'll be joining him after the free month is over not because of his his point but purely on the pop balance,if the pop balance doesn't start to balance out in the next few weeks I can see this game dieing very quicky as a pvp game with only one side gets boreing very quicky.It's a shame because I really like the game but early indications aren't promiseing with alot of the order players rerolling.

I blame WoW for this. Alliance sucked, in general, in most of the BG's and it was damned fustrating getting steamrolled by Horde.

ok, so it probably isn't wow's fault but hey 

• SimkynSimkyn Member Posts: 42

maybe people are just busy playing and not really interested in chatting. I see chatting going on off and on all the time. It's not broke, people are just having fun playing. As far as solo quests. I had no problems soloing ALL BY MYSELF the quests I had. There's a few RvR quests and there's PUBLIC quests. Just depends on what you want to do. In my opinion, the options make the game even more fun.

Read my review http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/203373

It covers my first 9 levels in game and in detail. Lengthy, but worth it if you want to know.

• Kruniac2Kruniac2 Member Posts: 35

Sounds like a PvE carebear whore to me. All this talk about guilds and so forth.

Also, PQs dont get "scaled up", its called Step 1=something, Step 2=Champion mobs, Step 3=Hero mobs. End.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Wow... where to begin...

Chat doesn't seem to be used much.  I think a little sound when you get a tell would be nice.  Some guy was talking to me yesterday and I didn't even know it.

Linking items in chat is a must really.  Hopefully this is a function they add later, although it would increase spam.  Maybe have it where linked items only show up on trade chat, that way if we are not interested we don't get bombarded.

I was looking for the auction house myself.  I accidentally stumbled upon it in one of the capital cities.  There's actually multiple auction sites in the city too.

If the game is dark adjust your monitor.  Or you can adjust settings with your videocard.

As far as comparing it to AOC, this in no way resembles that debacle. This is either exageration or you really don't know what you are talking about.

My one major critique of this game is it will live or die by it's pvp.  And if there is horrible faction imbalance a lot of people will give up.  Either that or we all role Destruction.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Troll vs Fanboi...

Fight...

Hehe, entertaining..go on...

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.