Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

features like FFXI?

LoopsLoops Member Posts: 100

Hi. I'm very excited about the game.

I've been playing FFXI for over 4 years and I still love it due the fact of loads of end-game features.

Now I'm wondering if AION has some similar stuff to ffxi. For example I've seen in videos that huge groups are killing Bosses. What do they kill them for? Is it like in FFXI that you kill them for to gain special, rare equippment which is not buyable? Or is it just to finish a quest?

I really like the fact that they created Monsters like in FFXI the so called Notorious Monsters. But what do you gain by killing them?

Is there also armor only available after completing quests, killing certain monsters? Or is everything buyable?

Are there alot of quests (not dungeons) which require groups? I don't like soloing everything, Im more the grouping type...

Thanks

Comments

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

It's still a little early for specifics on loot drops, but Balaur bosses in the Abyss will drop rare draconic materials to craft armors and weapons I imagine, and armor pieces too. Named monsters will probably drop something cool too, but hopefully nothing as ridiculously uber as FFXI with an equally ridiculous respawn timer...

No idea if there are dropped only items, but I would guess so, another very common thing.

Though the leveling itself is easy early on and sort of easy for those who love to solo, it's probably in your best interest to group for most of your leveling career and there should be lots of dungeons and missions/quests to do as a group. I'd be surprised if you would feel like everyone wants to solo because it's easier, soloing should be more of a challenge. :) 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• norfolknorfolk Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Loops

Hi. I'm very excited about the game.
    I've been playing FFXI for over 4 years and I still love it due the fact of loads of end-game features.

Now I'm wondering if AION has some similar stuff to ffxi. For example I've seen in videos that huge groups are killing Bosses. What do they kill them for? Is it like in FFXI that you kill them for to gain special, rare equippment which is not buyable? Or is it just to finish a quest?
    I really like the fact that they created Monsters like in FFXI the so called Notorious Monsters. But what do you gain by killing them?
    Is there also armor only available after completing quests, killing certain monsters? Or is everything buyable?
    Are there alot of quests (not dungeons) which require groups? I don't like soloing everything, Im more the grouping type...

Thanks

Yes, aion has all that and more