Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No pvp in Vanguard Trial- Move along!

Vanguard's developers forgot to put in an aspect of their game into the trial, its pvp! The trial got boring really quick but leveling a cleric which I called healeric to be like a paladinlike class. But yeah, if you were expecting some pvp action within this trial, I'm sorry there isn't any form of pvp whatsoever - move along!

Comments

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

Did you roll on a pvp server , there is only one pvp server , but  there is no pvp in VG , there is one dead pvp server with maybe 100-200 people playing on it at Peak times if even that , its a Pve game with pvp tacked  on , never was ment for pvp .   No one going into the VG trial expects pvp heh .

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by spyhunter107

Vanguard's developers forgot to put in an aspect of their game into the trial, its pvp! The trial got boring really quick but leveling a cleric which I called healeric to be like a paladinlike class. But yeah, if you were expecting some pvp action within this trial, I'm sorry there isn't any form of pvp whatsoever - move along!

I doubt they forgot, they probably realized that PVP has not been a boon to their population and left it out on purpose. PVP in almost every MMO sucks unless the game was designed from the beginning with PVP in mind. They have a paladin class, why would you level a cleric to try and be a paladin when the class exists?

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

PvP is on the Sartok server and starts when you ding 11.  This, of course, means you need to subscribe to ding 11 since the trial is only up to 10.

You can't gank peeps for free.  You need to pay to reek havoc.

• SipheriousX1SipheriousX1 Member Posts: 5

Not everyone wants to gank people and express their deep seated social neurosis. There are plenty of games with pvp already. This facination with pvp, and all mmo's needing to have it is absurd, and if the game dosent have Peee vee peee its bashed. No mmo has made pvp work properly it allways turns into a mindless gankfest with no repurcussions for your actions. .

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Well first its a PvE game but anyone who can read and took the time to do so, knows that.

No different then a free trial of any other PvE based MMO.

Second, you can /duel. If anyone will accept, there you go. Hop around all you want.

On the PvP server, the open PvP doesn't lick in until level 10 to give players a chance to catch their breath.

Another pointless / uninformed complaint...

Try Lineage 2, its open PvP and the level grind is easier then WoW now with the new patch.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

The OP should try Warhammer. Its PvP with pve being a afterthought. You can gank people from level 1 if you like.

Course, why anyone wants to PvP at level 10 and under, is really beyond me. you dont even know what skills you have yet. how much fun is it to pvp someone with only 3 skills?

If Vanguard is smart it will leave that PvP alone. Let Warhammer take that. Focus on fixing all bugs, smoothing out animations, and adding more endgame content. If they can work on that stuff exclusively instead of trying to catch all the fish in the lake, they could really have a game that mature adults will gravitate back to.

If people want pvp, they can get GW free, or sub to Warhammer, since a lot of people sub two games at one time usually.