Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Another Korean Grindfest!!!

2»

Comments

• myoushumyoushu Member Posts: 5

Much to the disbelief of many posters and anti-hypists on this here website, hands-on previews from pretty much every news source that covered the game have pointed out that this is far from a grind fest. I'll pull this particular article out just because I think the man that wrote this is a brilliant writer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=204570

Go ahead and look up any previews or hands-on reports and see what they say. They say that this is far from the typical Korean MMO. Most strings of comparison have been drawn from WoW rather than FFXI (although I see many similarities), or any Korean MMORPG.

What I don't like is that most people who are discussing this game are uninformed about the game or apparently have latched on to some diabolic form of fanboyism. It's a high calibur game that I think outranks the likes of WoW, FFXI, WAR, CoX, or any other MMORPG you can think of.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Thanks Grayghost for trying to defend your community, however I looked though that Aion thread you posted and not one Aion fan asked anyone to post 1 on the hype meter that isn't Aion... There was one misguided soul who supposedly went and insulted people who voted 1 for Aion, but can't be sure if he was joking or not...

Regardless, it's one thing to react to negative votes and flame in your own forum as opposed to tell people to sabotage other game's ratings just to try to raise your own game. That's underhanded and that is what I personally react strongly to. You told us the reasons why you have no interest in Aion, I'll tell you why I have no interest in Darkfall. Outdated graphics, open PvP and full loot. And that's where you lose me. Yeah I'm a carebear I don't care, I know Darkfall will never be for me, however because I know this I will also never be bothered to hype it.... If I don't like apples, I don't talk anout apples.

EDIT: I realize not everyone in your community is like this, however being that it's FFA PVP I don't have much hope for the atmosphere of the game, but if it can surprise then great.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Man, thats just silly people judging the game because its from korea without even looking into it. Heck - that even borders on racism by being so stereotypical about korean game developers.

------------------------------

• jimbles4000jimbles4000 Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

You know I really don't know what to say to you guy's. I am apart of the DarkFall community. I actually came here because some of you guys made negative post's on our forums and came to check you guys out was merely going to ask why but after seeing this thread I don't think it matters.  I infact look at Aion as an Asian Grind MMO and I will explain why. I view MMORPG's in two styles and two styles only. Grind games and Sandbox's. A grind game has levels and relies on content , level progression, gear progression ect. to keep it's player base entertained. Sandox's offer enough freedom for players to create there own content and things are revolving around progression. You can even degress in a sandbox which is something I enjoy. I can evetualy get some excellent gear and have a chance to lose it. I can change skills when I want and pretty much create my own class. I simply do not enjoy the majority of the grind centric MMO's. EQ2, WoW, AoC, FFXI, even Aion to me are Grind games. This doesn't mean there bad it just means it's not for me. I actualy gave it a 4 on the hype meter not because of some call to arms on the DarkFall forums that everyone is claiming is the reason DarkFall is on top, but because thats how hyped I was about the game itself. I myself saw the thread and ignored it as the majority did. Few even replied to it and if any did participate in it it was even fewer than those that replied.
    In fact if you would like to understand where they were comming from I believe I can help. Prior to that post many communities including this one have been consistantly trolling, flamming and giving the lol 1 vapoware ratings to downgrade DarkFalls Hype meter. I originaly gave SGW (Star Gate Worlds) a 10 rating but after trying my 3 Sci-fi MMORPG I gave it a 7 because while I realy enjoy the movies and series alot of the Sci-Fi MMO's are based on I have to say I have found I have a hard time getting into a Sci-Fi MMORPG. 
    I Gave Aion a 4. Reason being is I thought the Graphics were good and the flying was interesting I did not enjoy the overall concept but I was willing to try it to some degree because of how much I liked FFXI. FFXI holds a special place for me because in my 5 year run of playing it I met my wife in game and we eventualy hooked up in real life and the story goes from there. To me the Asian style Grind games always have a more romantic feel to them. While this was something I utterly enjoyed for a long time with my GF (later my wife) we both grew tired of the game and the style of it.  For overall fun factor I prefer Sandbox's. I was actualy considering ,as was she , calling this our joint MMORPG while DarkFall would be my main and Citadel of Sorcery would become her main when it was released. I like FFA PvP but she is iffy about it (Still willing to try it though lol) . After reading some of the negative posts and such on the DarkFall forums by those that seem to be Aion fans I decided to come over and check these forums and see how the overall community was. After doing so me and my GF both have decided against Aion.  While I enjoy the company of the DarkFall community as a whole (Yes there are a few bad apples) I can say that my first impression of the Aion community is not a good one. You can check the DarkFall forums if you like but it isn't filled with "lol I gave it a 1 just because" posts. Considering this whole thread is filled with that sort of mentality I have a hard time seeing where you guys are comming from with the hostility to the DarkFall community. Ive searched this forum for the DarkFall players that flame and troll Aion and I don't see any yet you guys are over in the DarkFall forums doing this. Maybe not everyone but you seem to have your bad apples as well.  
    To Long didn't read version:
    It seems you are openly admiting to doing what you are acuising the DarkFall community of doing. While there was a thread that called to arms the DF community to retalliate against those that have been trolling, flamming DarkFall forums and giving 1 ratings on the hype meter saying "I gave it a 1 lol Vaporware." not many replied to it most ignored it and those that did reply to it there was even a smaller percentage of those that even participated in it. We do have our few bad apples but seems you guys do as well. Don't worry though I will not be sinking to the level of the Aion community and lowering my rating I believe it deserved a 4 and I won't change that because of how I now feel about the community. I wish you guys luck and hope you enjoy your game.
    Also as far as the whole DarkFall hijacked the hype meter the original post was people need to go vote on MMORPG.com to help DarkFall become #1. There were a few people that decided to rate other games in the list with a 1. While this is there right it isn't the most honorable thing to do unless they really didn't care for these games. With that said I don't think anyone would rate down a game they enjoyed. And I would aslo like to point out a similar thread made in the same spirit..... Might be familiar.....
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/145581/page/1
    The above thread was created in the same spirit as the DarkFall thread. Your thread bread a few bad apples as did our thread.  The majority of the posters in our thread were however against the idea and wanted nothing to do with MMORPG.com or the Hype meter and flammed the OP and told him he belonged in the newbie forums. I personaly gave SGW 7 Aion 4 DarkFall 10 TCS (The chronicles of spellborn) 5  ect ect ect only game I have given the lowest possible score to is an Already released MMORPG AoC because I honestly felt it deserved it. I even gave Warhammer a game I will not play a mid ranged score because it went with a DAoC style game play rather than the standard crud companies are pushing out there now days.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/564666

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/376145/page/4
    Anyone can blame a community and make negative claims about them. Like the above forum members rated DarkFall down and called it "Vaporware" around the same time as your Post for a hype boost. And they were posting in Aion forums around the time and favorably. Should we blame your community for this as a whole?

Just an overly wordy way of saying the same thing the rest of the dark fail fans do. Your saying our community is doing all this fanboy dehyping but lets get serious here. Its beyond obvious a "Large" amount of that games community makes accounts simply to bash other games and hype theirs. Some of our people may have done this in retaliation but look at the scores yours are still beating what few we may have. I refuse to get involved in defiling a scale meant to help people look at games and see what actually is the most popular with thier fellow gamers. Now they only find people making posts with no research put into their opinion.

I read all this site had to say about DF, watched as many of the videos as i could about it. I have to say it looks like a great idea. Its graphics at this point are so horrible it ruins all the work in the idea of it, they dont have to look great but they sure as heck need to look at least somewhat good.

So, thank you for showing what kind of people bash Aion, and our community is nowhere near as bad as what your saying. The concerns of people saying our dehype is coming from your community are well founded. Not YOU but the community of the game you support is full of childish people that ruined a good source of research when looking for a new game.

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Meh, aslong as people atleast look into the game and all of its features before rating it - fine - otherwise its simply not fair to place your judgement on a game you know nothing about. If you know nothing and have nothing to say - then don't.

------------------------------

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

From the Hype meter:

# lilyeti(posted Thu Oct 02 2008)

* No, just no.

If you check Lilyeti's profile he's a Darkfall fan....If you check the Darkfall meter not one person has slandered their hype lately, it's mostly praise and vanilla muffins. I rest my case. ^_^

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)