Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games like Aion are in-depth

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

meaning that, there's:

- Great graphics

- Indept detailed storyline

- amazing, fast action gameplay

- meaningful PvP

- what more?!

Cannot wait for this one!!!

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Syno23

meaning that, there's:
    - Great graphics
    - meaningful PvP
    - what more?!

Well that is all subjective though (do you mean in depth?)

Great Graphics - I agree though there are people who are going to hate the art design

Indepth detailed storyline - I haven't read it but the lore behind the world is very good in my opinion

Amazing, fast action gameplay - again, I agree though there are going to be people who don't like this

meaningful pvp - meh... is it? I mean I like the type of pvp that Aion has but quite frankly that is extremely subjective. It really isn't complete open world pvp and it is RvR so there are going to be players who are going to hate the pvp system

what more- well, it is the only game that I am looking forward to with the exception of the LOTRO expansioin. But as far as games go, this seems to be it for me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Syno23

meaning that, there's:
    - Great graphics
    - meaningful PvP
    - what more?!

Great graphics? Vanguard will still own this game there? so the point is meaningless.

In depth story line?The game is not even out yet lol...this is the craziness we see in the blind always claiming there next game was sent down from the heavens by god himself..again lol.

FAST? ya that's about all i hear from people now a days,you can't put fast and amazing in the same sentence,neither one equates to great neither does combining them.

Meaningful PVP? how so?meaningful to who?to some it's meaningful if they can just full out PVP with full loot,to others that is the worse form of PVP.How about a game that utilizes team work in PVE?a game that forces players to group and get along with each other,otherwise they don't advance in the game.Why would you even need PVP in a game?this isn't a first person shooter genre,where you need to fill the void of killing online players.

you mean Want more?

How about holding steadfast and forcing these gaming companies to deliver?The more people who continue to kiss ass to developers before they even put out there product,the worse it will get for the MMORPG genre.How about wait till the game is out?is that too much to ask?talk/hype is all cheap anyone can do it,ask the many AOC players about talk and promises.

This game could very well be a great game,it could very well be the next coming of christ,i don't know yet.What i can guarantee is that not everything in the game will please all,that is a 100% given.The trick more than anything will be for the developer[ncsoft] to prove they can make a product that will allow all types of players to enjoy the game.Personally i have dealt with there staff from lineage2,and thought they were second rate plugs,i have zero confidence in NCsoft.I will still give the game a fair chance,but it won't get much praise until i see the finished product.Personally i expect the typical asian speedfest with little content and a few niche ideas like FLYING to entice the superficial gamer.I find it VERY hard to believe these guys can put together a complete game.

I would love to be wrong,because i myself have been searching for a new game to play.I have very high standards.It takes more than a flying player to get my money,all i really need to see is that EFFORT was put into each area of the game.PVP if they must,PVE for sure,crafting,quests,world detail,NPC/world interaction,lots of gear/items,content ideas[FFXI invented tons of new stuff]i can accept an effort at least in the content area.BTW content does not mean a new map or a new mob to kill ..lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Great graphics? Vanguard will still own this game there? so the point is meaningless. 

Stopped reading there.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Ephimero

Stopped reading there.

stopped reading there myself..you have zero input ,i guess i was forced to stop reading since your one phrase of input over whelmed me lol.I guess since your lack of words has me puzzled ,you are vaguely saying AION will have better graphics/view distance than Vanguard?if so,you can spit it out,so i  can laugh at you.

The animations in AION are so fast because they are done with fewer animated frames why? because they are cheap ,they spent no time on them.All there videos show cheap models with that phony typical looking clunky armour.If NCSOFT can't do anything for a games graphic content other than spending all there time on the models armour and weapons ,you'd think they would at least put some effort into there animations,the rest of the world will be super cheap,why do you think they are flaunting the close ups of there players in action?There isn't even anything special there anyhow,like i said it looks like penny arcade action,they should hire some real animation experts.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

Have to agree with Ephimero, Vanguard graphics is ass. Particularly the models, everyone looks like "lifeless" souless monkies. I personally regret having bought and trying that game, I played it for 10 mins before I realized it was a world void of people and they move like ghosts...literally. They appear than disappear, then next thing you know they're on the other side of the screen, and no, its not some kind of skill that a class may have, its poor animation.

Koreans and Japanese MMOs have always been KING in graphics (with performance ratio, so don't tell me AoC), just accept it.

lolvanguard, the ugliness of the people sitll haunt me...

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Put me down on the 'Aion graphics>Vanguard graphics.' I have always wanted to believe Vanguard could fix their problems, kind of like someone would want their junkie friend to clean themselves up and realize their full potential, but there is no way Vanguard models beat Aion. I mean, vanguard just released "new updated" character models which look... JUST EXACTLY THE SAME. So go figure..

As for gameplay.. who knows? Cannot speculate on that til you can actually sample it.

Storyline? if its like most Asian grinders, its gonna be stupid and sappy, but again, if the playability is good.. i dont really care about some "ancient dragon from the Neodimension" killing your characters family and he wants revenge. Yawn. Just make the mechanics and stability work with the promised graphics and Ill stay for a long while.

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Stopped reading there.

stopped reading there myself..you have zero input ,i guess i was forced to stop reading since your one phrase of input over whelmed me lol.I guess since your lack of words has me puzzled ,you are vaguely saying AION will have better graphics/view distance than Vanguard?if so,you can spit it out,so i  can laugh at you.

The animations in AION are so fast because they are done with fewer animated frames why? because they are cheap ,they spent no time on them.All there videos show cheap models with that phony typical looking clunky armour.If NCSOFT can't do anything for a games graphic content other than spending all there time on the models armour and weapons ,you'd think they would at least put some effort into there animations,the rest of the world will be super cheap,why do you think they are flaunting the close ups of there players in action?There isn't even anything special there anyhow,like i said it looks like penny arcade action,they should hire some real animation experts.

K. Just so I understand your points-

1. Aion has few frames in the animations- no, they are just optimized for the stylized combat speed. You dont need 80 frames for a movement that can easily be done with 30. Just make sure the keys are there, and the rest hit at least near believable speed. Anything extra is just a waste of both file size, and man hours to create. Nothing about cheap.

1a. Vanguard on the other hand, overloaded their animations, to the point of making it obvious that there were too many frames. When you take a look at their rudimentry method of the graphics, you understand that while they were right in the direction they wanted to go, their method of getting there speaks to their inexperience with the modeling/rendering/animation software. I can write a whole article on what they could have done better, and helped file size (thereby helping load time of chunks, and decreasing hitching).

2. The armor is stylized for high east-meets-west fantasy, basically the western middle ages through the eyes of the orient, if they had fantasy in mind. No it isn't realistic, but neither is Vanguard. Vanguard's armor is function over form in a fantasy setting (except the new fem armor, as I understand it), whereas Aion's is form... and if it's functional that's ok too. Some people like the clearly fantasy look to it, some don't. That part is subjective.

2a. Where much of Vanguard's armor is medium to low rez photorealistic textures on midrange poly models, Aion's is somewhat low poly models with high rez painted textures, using every layer available. Sometimes, but not all- the Aion method can work out to a file size smaller than that of the VG method. Since the videos out, and player reactions are showing that the action is fast, and load times small if noticable at all, I would say Aion succeeded in what they were going for.

3. While the big vistas in VG are nice to look at sometimes, that is not how you view the world most of the time. Most players zoom in to their toons to either be in first person, or third person. Because the videos out now are trying to show the action more so than the environments, that is why they are 'zoomed in all the time'. That does not mean that Aion will not have vistas to behold. With flight, it would be strange if the vista view wasn't a selling point. Since you and I have not played yet, I will reserve judgement.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

Stopped reading there.

You seriously have no clue about what you're talking about, cheap models and clunky armors?

Bad animations? Do you know anything at all about game development? Do you know that more frames per animation means more graphic load, thus more lag? This game features massive battles, you can't go and put there 200 frames to make a skill, even with the optimization that Aion has gone through, the animations still look fluid and gorgeous, your eye doesn't catch the missing frames unless you're just trying to find it with software.

uk.youtube.com/watch

I know sometimes graphics are up to tastes, art wise at least, but Aion animations and models quality aren't up to tastes.

Viewing distance? Do you know anything about the engine Aion is using? Cause the highest viewing distance for any engine is one of the features.

About gameplay...

www.aionsource.com/forum/107845-post54.html

Couldn't find anyone else comparing both games after playing them, if you find another point of view, feel free.

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69

ROTFL how can you say vanguard has better graphics than aion? the character models in vanguard look G.I. Joe Dolls and move like them too. have you even watched any videos of aion? cause i highly doubt you have.

Already talked about graphics.
    In depth story line?The game is not even out yet lol...this is the craziness we see in the blind always claiming there next game was sent down from the heavens by god himself..again lol.
    You can find part of the storyline in websites already, and a game that features cutscenes uses to be strong in storyline terms.
    FAST? ya that's about all i hear from people now a days,you can't put fast and amazing in the same sentence,neither one equates to great neither does combining them.
    If you prefer expert warriors swinging a polearm like if they were swinging their 200kg grandmothers, your call.
    Meaningful PVP? how so?meaningful to who?to some it's meaningful if they can just full out PVP with full loot,to others that is the worse form of PVP.How about a game that utilizes team work in PVE?a game that forces players to group and get along with each other,otherwise they don't advance in the game.Why would you even need PVP in a game?this isn't a first person shooter genre,where you need to fill the void of killing online players.
    If you don't like PvP leave this forum already dude, all your posts are the same, whining cause some games aren't all about PvE. This game deffinetly encourages groupping, the combo system itself plays an important role there.
    you mean Want more?
    How about holding steadfast and forcing these gaming companies to deliver?The more people who continue to kiss ass to developers before they even put out there product,the worse it will get for the MMORPG genre.How about wait till the game is out?is that too much to ask?talk/hype is all cheap anyone can do it,ask the many AOC players about talk and promises.
    This isn't about talk and promises, hello, there's no NDA.
    This game could very well be a great game,it could very well be the next coming of christ,i don't know yet.What i can guarantee is that not everything in the game will please all,that is a 100% given.The trick more than anything will be for the developer[ncsoft] to prove they can make a product that will allow all types of players to enjoy the game.Personally i have dealt with there staff from lineage2,and thought they were second rate plugs,i have zero confidence in NCsoft.I will still give the game a fair chance,but it won't get much praise until i see the finished product.Personally i expect the typical asian speedfest with little content and a few niche ideas like FLYING to entice the superficial gamer.I find it VERY hard to believe these guys can put together a complete game.
    I doubt you'll give this game a fair chance, all your posts about Aion are skeptic trying to pick what you think that isn't 100% perfect, if you're looking at games with pessimism, you will login and forget about the good moments, you'll login just to look what dissapoints you.
    I would love to be wrong,because i myself have been searching for a new game to play.I have very high standards.It takes more than a flying player to get my money,all i really need to see is that EFFORT was put into each area of the game.PVP if they must,PVE for sure,crafting,quests,world detail,NPC/world interaction,lots of gear/items,content ideas[FFXI invented tons of new stuff]i can accept an effort at least in the content area.BTW content does not mean a new map or a new mob to kill ..lol.

Since you wanted me to read your whole post, I did so, and replied, have a good day.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Ephimero, all you are doing by posting such cool shots of Aion Characters is making me want to play now.

And we know that that is not possible.

If you were a woman I would say you were a tease

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • iN4ctioniN4ction Member Posts: 6

vanguard wtf? even l2 has better graphics than that game...

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

Stopped reading there.

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

• edramos12edramos12 Member UncommonPosts: 7

LOL vanguard better graphics?.....

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by imbant

Stopped reading there.

QFT.

Though granted this might hose your video card a little less hardcore than Vanguard, but that's less a symptom of bad graphics and more a symptom of bad programming (the Vanguard dev team's bad programing, to be precise).

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• MastaccolliMastaccolli Member UncommonPosts: 100

wtf is in-dept? is in-dept even a word?

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Stopped reading there.

With the little I know about the game I could already tell you are full of shit on the point that Ephimero made.

O_o o_O

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I loved, LOVED, vg, stuck w/ it for 10months...graphics were really nice, however, NO WAY are they better than what I'm seeing in Aion.  If Aion is 1/2 as good as VG, w/o the bugs, it will rule the mmo universe, bring it on already, I'm forced to play WAR till then.

• EauF5EauF5 Member Posts: 4

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Hold on for a second!

Are you telling me that people still play Vanguard?

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

maybe I wasn't clear. I am no longer playing VG.   I thought it was a great mmo though. it was more like EQ than anyother mmo I've played.  To me, that's a good thing.  I'm new to pvp, and have some reservations about that aspect of Aion.  I'll be playing WAR in the meantime to get my feat wet.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I'm playing Warhammer right now but when Aion comes out I'm going to be playing it about 80% more than I play Warhammer, so 80% 0f my time goes to Aion and 20% goes to Warhammer. I already know this game is going to be GREAT! Lineage II and Lineage both passed 2 million once, and if this game is better you could possibly get a game that has over 3 million subscribers. I hope so, I hope they hype it up in the UK and Asia so that it will be the biggest thing. I hope NCSoft takes the next step in revolutionizing MMORPGs with this one, but then again WoW is popular in China lol