Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm afraid Aion might not be for me

2»

Comments

• nightstar3dpnightstar3dp Member Posts: 2

I'll enjoy very much playing this game!  AION FTW!

NightStar3dp

• jon_the_djon_the_d Member Posts: 5

as for realistic swing speeds with medieval weapons....

you're telling "us" to go out and tryo to swing a broadsword around? it's not the same as some uge musclebound gladiator who has spent his whole life training his weaponskill.

A lot of the older films are really really poor examples of what fighting between real fighters would actually be like. most o fthe fists fights aren;t even anywhere near, let alone weapons that the true warriors would have spent half a life time mastering, AND would have the body and muscle strength to wield them.

Fast and furious combat for me thank you very much.

besides, they're not even "human", they're daeva, with special powers etc. who are we to put limits on they're strength and power?

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

I am kinda hijacking the thread here but does the Stigma (or Sigma, which ever it is) system allow combinations like a spiritmaster that wears heavy armor or other off the wall combinations (honestly, an assassin wielding a polearm is pretty off the wall, in a good way)?

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• ForandirForandir Member Posts: 2

Yeah it does. as for your example, if your Spiritmaster used heavy armor it would then decrease its power pool(not sure what they call it in Aion.) So theres sometimes trade offs depending on the ability you chose.

Anyone know if theres a down side to an assassin using a two-hand?

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

If it is anything like NcSoft's Lineage 2, which is what the SSs remind me of, the fighting will be fast.  Of course that will depend on what your video and processor can handle.

If I didn't know there was a Lineage 3 being worked on and coming out next year I would think that is what it is.

GlassEye

• SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

I'm never actually try Lineage 2, Lineage 3? What are you talking about? xD

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Kalay

If it is anything like NcSoft's Lineage 2, which is what the SSs remind me of, the fighting will be fast.  Of course that will depend on what your video and processor can handle.
    If I didn't know there was a Lineage 3 being worked on and coming out next year I would think that is what it is.

L3 will not be out next year.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Erm well the combat is not fast and it has a combo system to take some of that annoying grind factor out of it and generally make it more interesting.

As for assasins weilding other weapons, I know that through the use of stigma charachters can unlock abilities that their class normally has no acces to e.g. the weapons of other classes. For more info on this check out aionsource.com's wiki article:

http://www.aionsource.com/wiki/Stigma

------------------------------