Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order getting owned on the server I am on

So, I picked a server that started with LOW pop on both Order and Destruction and decided to play a Witchhunter first. This is a fun clas that can do lots of damage in RVR and is fun to play in PVE.

Later, the server pop became so lop sided it was near impossible to play in tier 1 RVR. There was at least 3-1 dest against  order. I know they cap the pop on both sides so my thought is eventually it will balance.

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like not so many want to play the good guys.

Comments

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

The only real balanced server will be the one who caped on both side . Other than that dest will lopside pretty bad .

But dont worr once SE get in these low pop server will fill in .

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Fact is you cannot force people to play order.But guess a few twinks with a few order classes by mythic will soon change all that.

Forcing people to play order because of population cap will not happen .They will just open more servers because lets face it they are there for money and think most will be pissed if forced to choose a side they don't want.

I decided on order and thats what i want to be.

The solution is to twink some order classes that need looking into such as SM .

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

It will level out.

I have seen something similar when in OB on Ekrund.

Then, all of a sudden, loads of Order showed up and we WTFPWN the Chaos in T1 RVR.

Of course, they came right back.  :)

Mythic has a ton of experience with this sort of balancing of server/side populations.

No need to worry.

Play what you like.

Get good at it.

Get into a good RvR focus Guild with Vent/TS.

Then you will PWN em!

Good Hunting

• fingisfingis Member Posts: 207

Originally posted by hercules
    Fact is you cannot force people to play order.But guess a few twinks with a few order classes by mythic will soon change all that.

People play destruction because it's cool, imo. Not because there's a big difference in classes. Most classes are mirrored it seems to me.

Mythic needs to make order more cool.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by dougmysticey

So, I picked a server that started with LOW pop on both Order and Destruction and decided to play a Witchhunter first. This is a fun clas that can do lots of damage in RVR and is fun to play in PVE.
    Later, the server pop became so lop sided it was near impossible to play in tier 1 RVR. There was at least 3-1 dest against  order. I know they cap the pop on both sides so my thought is eventually it will balance.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like not so many want to play the good guys.

you're claiming that in T1 scenerios, you were out numbered 3-1? 

not sure that this can even happen..

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by fingis

People play destruction because it's cool, imo. Not because there's a big difference in classes. Most classes are mirrored it seems to me.

Amen to that. Paul Barnett and others never made a secret they love Destro and had no love for Order. Its just a fact and the design of the Destro regions, quests and classes SHOWS.

Originally posted by fingis

Hmmm.  I do not find them 'mirrored' at all.  That is, of course what one would assume if one has not played them.  That is how WoW worked, after all.

But most of the classes simply have no counterparts to them on either side.  Sure there are Tanks, and DPS, and Support, and Pet, and so on.

But, they are all so radically different.  You could not play a Squig Hearder, and expect to switch over to White Lion and have even a clue as to what you were in for.

Just my 2c

• GreenfeenGreenfeen Member UncommonPosts: 47

Im with the do something to spice up the looks of order crowd. And while they are at it fix the movement animations of some of the order classes as well. Anyone try a bright wizard? They move and jump like they are controlled with a stick up their backsides. Just terrible.

I'll be on different descruct classes until there is an Order class that doesnt look like every other dwarf and elf and man in every other game I have ever played. Well that and when they ever pull that stick out of the BW's backside.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

Originally posted by dougmysticey

you're claiming that in T1 scenerios, you were out numbered 3-1? 

not sure that this can even happen..

You did not read my post. I said tier 1 RVR not scenerios. I was talking about the tier 1 town at the first War camp. 

Originally posted by Greenfeen

Im with the do something to spice up the looks of order crowd. And while they are at it fix the movement animations of some of the order classes as well. Anyone try a bright wizard? They move and jump like they are controlled with a stick up their backsides. Just terrible.
    I'll be on different descruct classes until there is an Order class that doesnt look like every other dwarf and elf and man in every other game I have ever played. Well that and when they ever pull that stick out of the BW's backside.

Is THAT what that pain in my ass is???

*Laughs*

I play BW, but I play 1st person so I do not see myself.

And I am to much on the move and looking for targets to worry about what others look like.  Other than as victims.  :)

By the way, if you want a real challenge, play RvR in 1st person.

Gives a whole new meaning to Situational Awareness.

Good Hunting

• MacamusMacamus Member Posts: 134

Hey I rolled pu on axe bite pass today, played a few scenarios mostly 50-50% Then i created a guild, we sticked together worked hard to hold spots and grab new posts, won many many scenarios in a row, so then we decided to try some open rvr in nordland....  Order was getting creamed upon arrival, within 15 minutes we had butchered all the destruction players, taken back all the 3 spots....

Just work together and start organizing.... it's really easy once you get this done, if anyone wish to join my guild contact me on "Marvelous" on axe bite pass ;)

Originally posted by Macamus

Hey I rolled pu on axe bite pass today, played a few scenarios mostly 50-50% Then i created a guild, we sticked together worked hard to hold spots and grab new posts, won many many scenarios in a row, so then we decided to try some open rvr in nordland....  Order was getting creamed upon arrival, within 15 minutes we had butchered all the destruction players, taken back all the 3 spots....
    Just work together and start organizing.... it's really easy once you get this done, if anyone wish to join my guild contact me on "Marvelous" on axe bite pass ;)

Yup, you 'Get It'.  :)

Can you imagine how great this is going to be when virtually everyone 'Gets It'?

Awesome.

• BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492

I was going zealot but now may change and go order. If I find a server on Tuesday that has many orders in it (ha) then I'll def. go with my first choice of being a Zealot. I hope that's the case. Otherwise, I'll attempt to try out a healer on Order.

• GreenfeenGreenfeen Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Shoal

Originally posted by Greenfeen

Is THAT what that pain in my ass is???

*Laughs*

I play BW, but I play 1st person so I do not see myself.

And I am to much on the move and looking for targets to worry about what others look like.  Other than as victims.  :)

By the way, if you want a real challenge, play RvR in 1st person.

Gives a whole new meaning to Situational Awareness.

Good Hunting

Cheers Shoal

Glad to see youdidnt take my mini slam on your class of choice too hard ;). I actually like the BW lol until I have to move and then all i ever could think about was man this toon moves stiff.

Bah what challenge is there as a 7' tall BW in first person. Head on over and run first person with a greenskin and eyeballs 2' up off the ground. Of course running around in first person as a goblin type means your targeting everything through everyone elses backside.

Happy trails Shoal and good hunting to you as well. Perhaps it might be well met on the battlefield.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Sounds like an RvR newbie got hit by a Destructo-train.

I'm sorry, have this fruit basket and welcome to the RvR Front.

STOP WHINING!

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

The problem lies that Destruction seems to addictive , has the ambience of WAR and the classes are much better than order has.

The only time Order kicked ass was some ironbreakers came and joined in Norland.

In scenarios and RVR these freaking midget dwarfs are too hard to put down .But that lies the problem .

People start off with dwarfs now dwarfs lack melee dps class nad they get slaughtered in RVR scenarious against the Orcs and squigs On there own homeland on tier 1 they cannot hold. So they need to migrate to EMPIRE to make Empire a formidible force to reckon with .

Also in Destruction we have Chosen and hell they twist every 8 seconds like Hell ( twisting is changing of auras every 12secs so that you can 2 or more active auras at the same time)

With my Chosen who is just a tank and I use a 1 hand axe I could take out easily Warrior Priest , Witch Hunter and Bright Wizard,

Yesterday we were 4 Chosen tanks without healers nor mages we took on the entire 2nd stage PQ and got all the cool loot over and over.

Order needs more love . They need to give incentive huge ones for people to choose Order like +50% XP for 10 days or something else

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Funny

T1 scenarios in OB - human/chaos , Order was kicking ass of Destruction regularly