Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions

I saw where the devs said you could be captain of  a ship. But that means you would need a crew so how do they work that out? I mean everyone would want to be captain, you know how that goes with players so how do they come about doing this?

For those who wish to play solo, do they get to fly in their own ships? Is there solo content for these players? Or do they use something like guild wars where they can get npc's to accompany them on ships?

Starting date for this game?

Did beta commence yet?

Comments

• EbenEmaelEbenEmael Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by erikk3189

I saw where the devs said you could be captain of  a ship. But that means you would need a crew so how do they work that out? I mean everyone would want to be captain, you know how that goes with players so how do they come about doing this?

For those who wish to play solo, do they get to fly in their own ships? Is there solo content for these players? Or do they use something like guild wars where they can get npc's to accompany them on ships?

Starting date for this game?
    Did beta commence yet?

From what I have read you will have a NPC crew. There is discussion on the official STO forums about possibly having player characters in your crew but I'm not sure if there is anything official. Best bet is to go the official Star Trek Online forums for info.

• TreerodentTreerodent Member Posts: 11

they way i understand it is for small solo ships there will be npc groups, but larger ships will be like guilds, with the guild leader as captain. I think. But yeah, keep checking thier official web site lol

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

All ships from smallest to the largest will have a player captain, a NPC bridge crew that will work like intelligent AI "pets" and a general crew that will mainly give you bonuses depending on their races and professions. All ships will be one player, one ship although you can have other players on your ship but only for social purposes. I personally think that this is the way to go but as you can imagine the exclusion of player crews has sparked a lot of debate over the issue.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ToadmonkeyToadmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 84

I got the same impression as Bren did.   

• GraffGraff Member Posts: 83

Second Life.