Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server list up!!! and yet... Another Fiasco!

According to the Server List. CE players and SE players are divided by the servers they are allowed to roll toons on for Head Start!!!

www.warherald.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war

This also means guilds who have some ppl with the CE and some with the SE are screwed.

Some how this is also a not so smart move by Mythic, all it does is make the CE people not be able to roll on the same server as their friends who have the SE, UNLESS they wait until retail launches.

-------------------------------------------

Add: due to popular demand, some feel the urge to make a topic more clear by pointing out that after tuesday all servers will be open for everyone, while that initial 60,000 will be squeezed onto the available servers, however if new servers are added which is a possibility, they would most like have to reroll or wait until the entire guild can find a server in which they can all play on and be able to log into.

Another reminder, back in PW there was an issue with 3-4000 players on one server, if they can imagine more with the 100,000's of players flooding the servers without problems, they would see the initial issue with this problem.

Finally, the CE ppl made such a fuss that there are two different sets of servers opening up, where as it would have been so much smarter to open all the servers at the same time, evening out the flood of players, by having the PREORDER program for both, include the same day head start to allow actual guild planning and players evening out the servers properly.

Comments

• Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170

Why is that those who are so bad at general reading comprehension feel compelled to hit "New Post" all the time?

Give it 10 seconds of research bro.   The SE folks can roll on the CE servers when they open them up on Tuesday.  It's not excluding them as your jingoistic sensationalistic hater hive mind is trying to make it seem.  There is no mystery, no drama, nothing to get all frothy at the mouth about.

Edit: Because I think you are probably too stupid to "get it" even after being told so, I will quote the pertinent information for you,  which is on the very same damn page you linked:

"While we have split the roll-out of these initial servers between the CE and SE Head Start, once players are in the Head Start, they may play on any available server."

Now get back in your hole with your hate.  Down you go.

• VonbekVonbek Member Posts: 53

This post is the fiasco.  Read the f*cking information that is presented and stop hyper-ventilating.

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

I would think that what this means is CE head-start is releasing with just enough servers to populate the realms evenly, and that when SE launches, they will introduce the listed servers, I HIGHLY doubt that they would then remove servers from the server chart that CE are playing on. These are the launch servers, theyre just being introduced at an even pace.

(edit: see, my line of thought is already confirmed as how it actually is, not what you delude yourself into thinking it will be like. Common sense rules the day. )

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Oh no, looks like i offended some fanboys! Good.

On a serious note, This isnt a good idea period.

You kiddos are telling me to do my research huh? Let me ask you this. Did you stop to think for a second how many CE have been sold?

60,000, now you have to cram those onto the available servers, unless those players wait till tuesday to roll with the SE people. Now we had problems when there were 4000 players per server, how many of those 60,000 will be trying to cram onto the available servers? What makes you think there will be room for the SE guild members?

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

You kiddos are telling me to do my research huh? Let me ask you this. Did you stop to think for a second how many CE have been sold?

60,000, now you have to cram those onto the available servers, unless those players wait till tuesday to roll with the SE people. Now we had problems when there were 4000 players per server, how many of those 60,000 will be trying to cram onto the available servers? What makes you think there will be room for the SE guild members?

We will adjust population caps and add more servers, both during CE and SE Head Start, as needed to ensure a healthy population spread across all servers.

God you trolls are hilarious.  Still at it eh OP? 

• HaelixHaelix Member Posts: 116

Everytime someone posts in a trolls thread, somewhere, an angel dies. You guys shoul......... aww somufabich. Now I'n doing it too.........

Please don't feed the troills.

• Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by Noggin

We will adjust population caps and add more servers, both during CE and SE Head Start, as needed to ensure a healthy population spread across all servers.

After this quote I wonder if it's possible for him to dig a deeper whole for himself, should be both tragic and fun to watch him either try to scramble out of it while cascading back down deeper or watch him simply hit the "eject" button.

Gotta love the little ones so full of hate because they feel 'slighted' for some reason by a game company that not only do they go out of their way to spread propaganda, misinformation and deceit but they justify it to themselves even when they are slammed dunked back to back with concrete corrections. 

Rabenwolf.  Never post anything again as long as you live, thanks.  Signed, Everyone.

ugh, ok since you are all so happy to jump on this "lets throw shit on someone" game.

I assume many of you are not part of guilds? How does it help a guild plan for a server if they dont know if it will exist or not? Meaning, if they add more servers during the process, that means people will have to reroll, or get left out.

Btw, this isnt an original topic, but something taken from another WAR forum. I wanted your input, instead of input i found a bunch of kids rubbing their hands together, snickering while fingering eachother in a "lets bash the OP" circle.

Honestly im laughing, because its funny. I dont take this seriously, but you do apparently.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

OP, I don't plan on buying WAR for some time but this thread is a serious fail.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Big deal.  Get over it.

/yawn.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The OP seems to be off on a number of counts, which have been addressed by others already.

That doesn't mean this is with out issues, however. Those initial CE servers almost certainly will be packed. That SE customers can role on them will likely mean queues. Yes, they will add  more. Yes, there will be plenty of non-crowded servers at various points in the process.

The problem is that Guilds split between CEs, SEs and retail will have to either decide to start on a CE server and accept overcrowding, or wait at least until SE opens to pick a permanent home.

Because of the way Guilds advance, changing servers means more than a loss of personal leveling.

It really lessens the usefulness of the headstart for CE customers and generally creates a big mess for a lot of people.

Ironically, by funneling all the CE head start people onto their own roll out servers, the benefit of in game bonuses is diminished as well. Look at the bonus heads, for instance. You paid for it, it's special, of course you are going to want to use it. These CE Head Start servers will be full of players with most of the characters  of the same sex and race wearing the same bonus head. :)

I love the game, but I think the sleep deprivation these companies work under during the final week before launch leads to a lot of crazy decisions!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

We are on your case because you are making contversy out of false information. It's just ignorant behavior to make false claims that could mislead people.

Originally posted by fiontar

The OP seems to be off on a number of counts, which have been addressed by others already.
    That doesn't mean this is with out issues, however. Those initial CE servers almost certainly will be packed. That SE customers can role on them will likely mean queues. Yes, they will add  more. Yes, there will be plenty of non-crowded servers at various points in the process.
    The problem is that Guilds split between CEs, SEs and retail will have to either decide to start on a CE server and accept overcrowding, or wait at least until SE opens to pick a permanent home.
    Because of the way Guilds advance, changing servers means more than a loss of personal leveling.
    It really lessens the usefulness of the headstart for CE customers and generally creates a big mess for a lot of people.
    Ironically, by funneling all the CE head start people onto their own roll out servers, the benefit of in game bonuses is diminished as well. Look at the bonus heads, for instance. You paid for it, it's special, of course you are going to want to use it. These CE Head Start servers will be full of characters with most of the players of the same sex and race wearing the same bonus head. :)
    I love the game, but I think the sleep deprivation these companies work under during the final week before launch leads to a lot of crazy decisions!

While it may seem like i have jumped the gun on a few details, what i saw was the problem it would create for guilds, which is still there. Perhaps the delivery was off, but the point, as you have noticed is valid, which was what i saw.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by fiontar

Ironically, by funneling all the CE head start people onto their own roll out servers, the benefit of in game bonuses is diminished as well. Look at the bonus heads, for instance.

I hadn't thought of this, but you're right on the money.

I would guess that most people who paid for the CE are going to want to have a 'unique' CE head, but it's going to be the people with normal heads who are unique on these CE headstart servers. Interesting.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Sober_Sean
    Originally posted by Noggin
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf Oh no, looks like i offended some fanboys! Good.

After this quote I wonder if it's possible for him to dig a deeper whole for himself, should be both tragic and fun to watch him either try to scramble out of it while cascading back down deeper or watch him simply hit the "eject" button.
      Gotta love the little ones so full of hate because they feel 'slighted' for some reason by a game company that not only do they go out of their way to spread propaganda, misinformation and deceit but they justify it to themselves even when they are slammed dunked back to back with concrete corrections. 

Rabenwolf.  Never post anything again as long as you live, thanks.  Signed, Everyone.

/signed

Originally posted by Balthaazar1

We are on your case because you are making contversy out of false information. It's just ignorant behavior to make false claims that could mislead people.

While the information is slightly off in that both players can play on both server sets after tuesday, the point is not off, which was whole point. You cannot expect this system to work well for guilds. Period.

The problem stems from when the CE players demanded to have more play time than everyone else, when Mythic expressed it was part of the pre-order program, clearly stated on the box. The pre-order program covers both CE and SE.

Now, imagine if the CE didnt complain.

Imagine if both CE and SE started on the same day with a larger list of servers for guilds and players to choose from without sacrificing the 2 day head start. A larger list can be expanded with out worry, guilds can pick a home for servers and everyone will be on the same page rather than funnel CE into one area, which will be over crowded, you cannot get new servers out fast enough for guilds to change and change based on population, and then expect it to work out. The options are not good. WIth one big list and everyone starting at the same time, you would be able to spread the player base better, get guilds onto servers without issues, while not sacrificing head start time and or rerolling.

Dont forget, in PW we were able to see the actual player count per server. At 2,500-3000, things got choppy. The server was tweaking out, flying npcs, weird graphical issues, player crashes. Coming close t0 4,000 it would crash the entire server completely.

Which means, even if Mythic plays with the numbers per server, they can still only have so many before they have to make a new server or have people wait to play.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I assume many of you are not part of guilds? How does it help a guild plan for a server if they dont know if it will exist or not? Meaning, if they add more servers during the process, that means people will have to reroll, or get left out.

This is an inconvenience that my guild is suffering now.

Marvellous :(

• VonbekVonbek Member Posts: 53

Breath more slowly now...relax.

• rangharranghar Member UncommonPosts: 145

Nothing new. When WoW launched at midnight my guild rolled on archimonde. We all got to lvl 15 before the server DIED. If you were there for launch you will remember archimonde actually being down for a period of days. What happens is you make arrangements. Of course the initial servers will be crammed. They are always that way with any mmo launch. I imagine you will see at least a new server popping up probably a few hours after the headstart.

EDIT: you also have those guys who arn't in guilds who roll on a new server everytime it opens like they are a crack fiend wanting a fix. It will all even out over a few days.

Ranghar LoD
    Lords of Death