Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gut Feeling: Destro is the new version of WoW's Alliance

I won't go so far to say its a prediction but...

Been tinkering with beta for a few weeks now.  Its cool to see folks stream into OB and mess with classes.  They take them to 10 or w/e and test them out.  I did much of the same, testing various classes and factions just to see what was the better fit....

One thing has really made an impression on me.  Destruction acts just like WoW's alliance.  You know what i mean:  no team work, bickering in chat, people that think they can win the game all alone, etc.

Most of the guys playing destro are ex-alliance that got tired of getting /facerolled in WoW.  Now, to be honest, blizz is bias toward Horde, IMHO, giving them the best of the best.  So bitter alliance are all rolling destro now hoping to jump teams to the winning side.

Folks, I got news for you:  Order is well, ordered.  Maybe not in the T1 battlegroups where people are just trying things out, but, when you get to T2+ senarios... They play well, they cooperate and they work as a group. 

Destruction = x-Alliance nubs.

Comments

• onlinenow225onlinenow225 Member Posts: 381

Ive noticed this aswell.  But ive also noticed that there alot of WoW Alliance scrubs in Order too.

They talk back to anyone that tries to form team work and cooperation.

So, I don't know about t2 order, but I know t2 Destruction gets rofl stomped bad.  But Destruction always had the keeps.

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

With that Note,

I just have another beer !

Let the battle's begin and we shall see who owns who.. ?

I like to see the out-come...

War is Coming !

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by onlinenow225

Ive noticed this aswell.  But ive also noticed that there alot of WoW Alliance scrubs in Order too.
    They talk back to anyone that tries to form team work and cooperation.
    So, I don't know about t2 order, but I know t2 Destruction gets rofl stomped bad.  But Destruction always had the keeps.

I've noticed in the past week that once you leave the T1 zones Order controls much of the keeps (or at the very least they are attempting to take them).

T2 senarios are dominated by order atm.  In T1 I can win like 75% of my matches as destro.  Cross over into T2 and the tables turned.  I may have bad luck but I only win like 1/3 the time in T2...

SWEET JEBUS CAN YOU ID THESE EX ALLIANCE NUBS AND ERASE THEM FROM EXISTANCE PLZ.

bleh, i guess we'll just have to see.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

• onlinenow225onlinenow225 Member Posts: 381

Yea, i just hope the ex alliance scrubs turn into non scrubs.

Or just quit.  Because I hate playing with people that have problems with someone directing good stratigy.

• aurickaurick Member Posts: 317

I've noticed that a lot of people go Destruction because they "look bad-assed".  For example, people go with Chosen because they have wicked-looking armor.  Or the Magus because he looks cool floating on that disk of his.  Or the Marauder because he's got those cool mutations.

Sorry, but if your sole criterion for choosing a class is how he looks, you're most likely not going to be a very good player.

Also, Destruction especially appeals to the same kind of people who love to run around ganking lowbies in AoC or WoW.  Those people generally can't PvP very well, which means that they're in trouble when it comes to scenarios or world RvR.

That's not to say that all Destruction players fall into these two categories, any more than all Order players are the opposite.  But it doesn't take very many such players to louse up a scenario.

• Strike2kStrike2k Member Posts: 37

Wow, really? What server do you play on? Cause the Order gets steamrolled on my servers. Destro seem to out number us 2:1 easy. And thats putting it nicely.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by Strike2k

Wow, really? What server do you play on? Cause the Order gets steamrolled on my servers. Destro seem to out number us 2:1 easy. And thats putting it nicely.

Isle of the Dead and Helborg, atm.  Official release I'll just get into w/e server still has the name I want availible.

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040

Waiting for a few weeks after official release myself before I get the game,  give it some time for the masses to stabilize.  

I was wonder this same thing though. 

Both sides in WoW have their one man armies,  those that charge into a group of 5-10 and then QQ and refuse to so anything the rest of the fight because  you didnt join them in their suicide run.

AC's just seem to have alot more of them.   It just makes good sense to choose the side that is "out-numbered" in that game,  they play smarter,  time will tell if hammer's the same

yea,  yea, I know,  horde outnumber AC on some servers,  im sure order will outnumber destro some places also