Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or is the Hype-level going down?

alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22

I remember Aion's Hype being above 8 like few months ago. Then I come back to see it around 7. And these last few day, I see it go down rapidly and now it's 6.99...

I took a look at the hype comments and I notice people commenting "another Korean grind fest" then giving low low hype.....so...ok, but why is it that I see the same text over and over again?

Is it possible that few idiots are using multiple accounts just to do that?

Early morning+boredom=utter useless rambling

Comments

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

It's just Darkfail vaporware fanboys de-hypeing everything to raise the hype lvl of Darkfail.No need to worry about it,just some lifeless fanboys with 30 accounts.

• alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22

Ouch. In many ways than one.

• coppercladcopperclad Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by demolishIX

It's just Darkfail vaporware fanboys de-hypeing everything to raise the hype lvl of Darkfail.No need to worry about it,just some lifeless fanboys with 30 accounts.

Or maybe the fact that there are alot of ppl hyping up Warhammer atm due to its release in less than a week?

And saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits....in thy mercy."

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Its the darkfall fans hyping up their game and de-hyping all other games.

I dont believe its the warhammer crowd, most of them are still playing the free open beta.  Also warhammer really hasnt moved much in the last week.

Seriously though, the user generated ratings on this site are horrible and i wouldnt use them to judge any game in any way.

• BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492

These people putting another "korean grind fest", are biased and dumb. If they read up on the game, they would know the leveling is suppose to be as fast as world of warcraft. People need to read and pay attention to details about a game before they actually review. Bunch of retards reviewing.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I also think it is the Cult of Darkfall that is jacking with the ratings.

• geetgeet Member Posts: 11

It's a combination of the upcoming War release and Darkfall, there is never a straight answer:)

• ScabbScabb Member Posts: 32

We must wait for the OB.

Many of them are testing War,the new europe attraction.The same thing happened with aoc,however the hype level wasn't so low as now.

Moreover,i don't understand the reason of darkfall fanboys if it's true that they do

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Nicoo

Well its pretty obvious why Aion is going down?

Through the months we have seen some more ingame and class footage and so on.

And well, its pretty much another Lineage 2 clone, just with a better graphics enginee.

Thats why the hype is going down, cause people are starting to realize it.

And to the jackass saying its darkfall fanboys, lol at you. Thats just a really shit stupid wank post.

And this is why I fear Darkfall will be ruined by it's community.

OP, its already been proven that Darkfall fans are the cause for the butchering of the Hype meters. They even had a thread going on their official forums telling people to come here and hype darkfall while de-hyping everything else. Every single game has dropped in hype except for Darkfall. If you read the comments on the Hype, you will see a lot of "DF 2008" or "DF rulez".

Pay no attention to it. I really can't figure out why they feel they must hype a game none of them have ever played or even seen and defend it like it's their own child while de-hyping everthing else. It's sad really, but nothing much we can do about it. Immaturity wins again.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• knas01knas01 Member Posts: 43

So you guys are saying that Darkfall fans are dehyping all games, including Darkfall, but not Warhammer?

I don't see the logic here....

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by knas01

So you guys are saying that Darkfall fans are dehyping all games, including Darkfall, but not Warhammer?

No, Darkfall fans are dehyping everything except for Darkfall. WAR has been hit but not as bad because it is offset by the people that are playing it and giving it good hype. Darkfall is losing hype from the people that are figuring out what the Darkfall fans are doing and changing their ratings to try and compensate.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Nicoo

Well its pretty obvious why Aion is going down?

Through the months we have seen some more ingame and class footage and so on.

And well, its pretty much another Lineage 2 clone, just with a better graphics enginee.

Thats why the hype is going down, cause people are starting to realize it.

And to the jackass saying its darkfall fanboys, lol at you. Thats just a really shit stupid wank post.

this post is a fail...

its written by someone who knows nothing about AION.

the only thing you based your amazing conclusion was graphics. and yes both l2 and aion have asian style anime graphics......wow that must mean they are exactly the same.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• knas01knas01 Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

No, Darkfall fans are dehyping everything except for Darkfall. WAR has been hit but not as bad because it is offset by the people that are playing it and giving it good hype. Darkfall is losing hype from the people that are figuring out what the Darkfall fans are doing and changing their ratings to try and compensate.

That would make sense if you don't look at the numbers. They are all at 6,97, except Warhammer.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

And this is why I fear Darkfall will be ruined by it's community.

OP, its already been proven that Darkfall fans are the cause for the butchering of the Hype meters. They even had a thread going on their official forums telling people to come here and hype darkfall while de-hyping everything else. Every single game has dropped in hype except for Darkfall. If you read the comments on the Hype, you will see a lot of "DF 2008" or "DF rulez".

Pay no attention to it. I really can't figure out why they feel they must hype a game none of them have ever played or even seen and defend it like it's their own child while de-hyping everthing else. It's sad really, but nothing much we can do about it. Immaturity wins again.

Yeah.  This sort of behavior ALWAYS baffles me. 

I think Darkfall looks like it might be a really cool game if it's ever released.  But if the community that we've seen on these boards and the plotting I saw MYSELF on their own forums....*cough**cough*...."Darkfall Number 1 in Four Days" sort of crap is any indication of the people that will be playing it....

I'll pass.

Over the course of 45 years of living and 35 years of gaming, I've learned a few things.  I'm no genius, for sure, but I have managed to garner a few tidbits of wisdom.  A few of them even apply to gaming. 

-------------------------------------

A few "tidbits" of wisdom that can be applied to gaming:

1)  Blind faith in any person, institution, government, or GAME DEVELOPER....is foolishness.   If humanity is involved...guaranteed there are errors, and sometimes even downright deceptions.  Trust is earned.  It's not to be freely given to the person or person group that makes the best...promises.  Promises are not evidentiary.  They are not statements of fact.

2)  Critical thinking is accomplished by careful, precise, objective, and persistent analysis of claims or beliefs so as to judge their value, worth, and authenticity, thereby to determine one's acceptance, rejection, or suspension of judgment regarding an issue.  Critical thinking doesn't seem to be taught much any more.  People tend to cling to the first thing appearing on the horizon that looks promising, and offers them HOPE, whether it be a religion, a candidate for government office, or....a new game.  Sadly, a lot of mistakes in judgment are made this way.

3)  Common sense is NOT at all common.

-------------------------------------

Personally, I reserve my judgment on games (and many other things), until I have further evidence from which to make a determination.  Note:  Some people require more thoughtful analysis than others in making determinations of belief (in all areas of life, not just gaming). 

Just because someone else "says so," does not make it true, nor false.  However...that's just my own take on things.  I like to make my own decisions based on evidence.  So far...there isn't enough evidence for me, personally, to make a determination about Darkfall OR Aion.  Neither game has been released.  Both games APPEAR to be promising.

Evidence DOES, however, tend to point to Darkfall "fanbois" pumping the hype meter.  (Their own forums are what led me to believe that.)  However, it is probably a combination of many different things....Warhammer's impending release, WotLK's impending release, Darkfall's overly zealous fan base, and I'm sure assorted other things could have knocked AION down a notch or two.  I certainly wouldn't worry, if AION is your "hope on the horizon."  The closer it gets to release, it too will bounce up and down the hype meter, and it looks like an interesting game, at least in my opinion.  It's one of many that I look forward to giving a "test drive."

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

That would make sense if you don't look at the numbers. They are all at 6,97, except Warhammer.

Aion and SGW were 7.30 a week ago. And WAR hasn't gone down that much cause the algorythm considers always the highest rate on the list.

• junyojunyo Member Posts: 26

lol at Nicoo post ,i dun see how warhammer as  such great game either in the current state with subpar gfx and slow combat .Btw with the recent patch  warhammer is making ppl grind pve gear for pvp,because the the pvp gear is not up to par.

Also is there only 2 days  left b4 release .

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Does the hype meter matter at all? Is that what you use to decide whether or not you iwll get the game.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• junyojunyo Member Posts: 26

agree it doesn;t matter, IF a game is gd ppl will spread the word and a gd game will sell itself .

• kivaveikkokivaveikko Member Posts: 7

Also the hype meter is so influenced by the fanboys of other games, thus it's damn inaccurate and useless.

Also Aion is not like L2, you can't compare those 2. It would be same as comparing Ben-Hur with Austin Powers.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by kivaveikko

Also the hype meter is so influenced by the fanboys of other games, thus it's damn inaccurate and useless.

Also Aion is not like L2, you can't compare those 2. It would be same as comparing Ben-Hur with Austin Powers.

Lets not go crazy now... im quite certain Aion is going to be Lineage 2 2.0, probably the only reason im following the game. I prefer a lineage clone over a wow clone.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

We havn't heard so much about Aion lately, first the hype concentrated on AoC and now it's WAR.

Be happy for that, when a game get's to hyped up it usually attract a lot of players that shouldnt really have bought it in the beginning and who quits upset afterwards. Note that games like Guildwars 2 keeps a low profile even though the first game have sold a lot more than anything companies like Mythic, FunCom or SOE ever done.

NC soft seems more careful about hyping their games and I think it's wise, people hear the good and bad things after launch and the right players buy it afterwards. Hype gives fat money at release but usually hte numbers go down fast.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Originally posted by kivaveikko

Lets not go crazy now... im quite certain Aion is going to be Lineage 2 2.0, probably the only reason im following the game. I prefer a lineage clone over a wow clone.

Indeed, a L2 clone based on questing and with better controls would be great.

• alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Loke666
    We havn't heard so much about Aion lately, first the hype concentrated on AoC and now it's WAR.
    Be happy for that, when a game get's to hyped up it usually attract a lot of players that shouldnt really have bought it in the beginning and who quits upset afterwards. Note that games like Guildwars 2 keeps a low profile even though the first game have sold a lot more than anything companies like Mythic, FunCom or SOE ever done.
    NC soft seems more careful about hyping their games and I think it's wise, people hear the good and bad things after launch and the right players buy it afterwards. Hype gives fat money at release but usually hte numbers go down fast.

It still bothers me. like a fly zooming around my face that I can't quite get a good swap at. Still like you pointed out, I'd rather have population climb after launch rather than have it decline like AoC did...-.-
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Actually what we'll get is a mix of L2 and WoW. L2 inspired PvP with a WoW leveling curve and quest driven story line. Basically the best of both worlds. ;)

The Hype meter doesn't matter, it's nice to see big numbers on your game, but it's word of mouth that really gets things rolling.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• mac579mac579 Member Posts: 34

I think that this game is going to be awesome!!! From everything I've read it sounds like the developers are letting the those lucky enough to get to play the game hype it rather than doing a full on self promoted media blitz. All of the reviews that I have read have made it sound very good and I can't wait to get a hold of this game!!!

Playing Guild Wars (all games in franchise but mainly GWEN and Nightfall) and WoW (just returned to this great game).

Eagerly awaiting Aion, Guild Wars 2 and Wrath of the Lich King.

Have also played CoV/CoH