Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I fail to see how this is a good game. (Wall of Text)

Comments

• JerriescidsJerriescids Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by djsmileey

Originally posted by Jerriescids

Originally posted by zmortis

To the OP, I think your title says it all.  You are the one failing to understand why other people will enjoy WAR.  You find there are too many minor details which prevent you from enjoying the game. 

Minor Details? I'm sorry I appreciate your feedback because at least you put some effort into it, but no-- its not "minor details" we are talking about.. its anything BUT minor details.

A details signifcance is only relevent to the person in which it's effecting, so to him, yes they are minor, to you they feel like a big deal.  Get an education.

You sir, amaze me.

Get an education you say? Only relevant to the person in which it's effecting.. I agree, Hence my point is completely on point.. To me its absolutely anything but minor details.. That was the point.. it was made.. its legit.. Deal with it..

I could sit here putting disclaimers all over my posts, but frankly people who are looking for reasons to take a quick shot at another poster will do so even if disclaimers are made.

You think I need to get an education? Thats your opinion.. But for the record, its relevant not "relevent"..and significance not signifcance but those are "minor details"

To the OP, I think your title says it all.  You are the one failing to understand why other people will enjoy WAR.  You find there are too many minor details which prevent you from enjoying the game. 

Minor Details? I'm sorry I appreciate your feedback because at least you put some effort into it, but no-- its not "minor details" we are talking about.. its anything BUT minor details.

To Jerriescids: your point is taken, to you these details are major fun breakers and thus the game is not what you want to play. 

However, to me, they are minor details because I don't find them interfering with my fun when playing the game.  It really is a matter of perspective, and while I understand the difference in perspective between the two polls of opinions about the game, the perspective I am addressing at that point in my comments is my own perspective. 

I hope this helps.

I appreciate the well thought out response, in the past I have found people to be a little less... thoughtful in their responses.. Honestly I'm glad to hear some people are enjoying this game.. why would I want people to suffer.. Its just sad that my idea of what an mmorpg should be has really for the most part been dead for the last 5+ years, and I have failed to admit that it is gone... and unlikely to return.. Its kind of like getting a nice steak at a restaurant every night for years-- then settling for process spam for the next 5+ years.. I can either eat whats on my plate or starve.. and I literally do not know what option is better. (that analogy is MY OPINION/VIEW of games)

I always find it a pleasure to discuss these matters in a civil manner, even if I have a different point of view from the person with whom I am discussing.  I also appreciate someone who can express their opinion without feeing the need to blanket people with insults.  Thank you.

I tried to be as civil as possible with the person who said I needed to "get an education".. I shouldn't waste my time, but can you look away when you read the post above.. its not terrible, but its a defensive offense :)

• memoirmemoir Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by richmix

It's an issue of core gameplay:
    DAoC had relics on day 1. Relics are the point in DAoC: take it, defend it, hold it for as long as you can. The longer you hold it, the more difficult it becomes. In DAoC, holding keeps in your own territory made your relic guards stronger, while capturing keeps in enemy territory made their relic guards weaker. Day 1.
    Warhammer will have capital cities on day 1. Capital city sieges are the point in WAR: take it. You can't hold it for any definite period of time--you can only take it. Holding your own keeps in Warhammer doesn't really do a whole lot; capturing enemy keeps awards victory points, renown, and experience. Day 1.
    Explain to me why the latter system is better. Please.

See Smiley, it can't be stopped can it.

Have a nice day :)

• HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208

I could not agree more. Dead on.
    As is, Warhammer should remove leveling completely-- Hell --Make a steam game, because if this is what mmorpgs have to offer.. Then this genre is lacking. What is our hope now? Aion-- Doubtful. Darkfall -- Very doubtful..
    Might be time to reroll for the next 3-5 years.. Oh how the mmorpg industry has changed... Am I am sandbox lover? Of course, to me thats what mmorpgs are-- Depth with fun gameplay.. now a days get in line.. Do this.. Then this.. than that... and this.. Repeat this.. all the while having little to no fun factor.
    Do not compare this game to DAOC..
    I refuse to drink this koolaid.... Because its far to watered down.

I completely fucking AGREE! MMORPGs coming out since Blizzards huge success of WoW all feels similar in a way. Limited? Very linear? No freedom? Something like that. MMORPGs today aren't the same MMORPGs as in the old days. I wonder if they ever will make a come-back, but I doubt it...

But I think that Warhammer Online is a pretty enjoyable game. Well, for now at least.

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

• richmixrichmix Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Hawkaron
    Well, for now at least.

That's what worries me. Feels like a shiny new toy. A week later, I'll realize the toy isn't really that fun, and salt in the wound: it won't be shiny anymore.

• PapaLazarouPapaLazarou Member Posts: 502

WOW got 3 things right for me.

- Classes

- Combat

- The World

The very things WAR didn''t get right.

• zmortiszmortis Member Posts: 152

No doubt I can express a sharp opinion at times.  However, I sometimes take it as a personal challenge to draw out someone with a reasonable amount of rational capability who slips up and lets their temper momentarilly get the better of them.  Also, many times my pedantic writing style has drawn trolls who think they can draw me into a flame war, but I hold the course and continue with rational discussion as long as some measure of rational response is contained in their reply.  It may not be as immediately gratifying as a witty response, but it can definitely be more gratifying in the long run to turn a pending flame war back into a serious exchange of concepts and ideas.

I hope this helps.

Edit: spelling correction on pedantic.

• djsmileeydjsmileey Member Posts: 59

Memoir:  See exhibit A.

and as for the person who "Defended offensively," are you kidding me?  I typed that response in 30 seconds, probably not long after you posted yours.  In my defense, just becuase my spelling isn't on par, doesn't make my arguement incorrect. It just means i was typing fast and didn't bother spell checking it.

I guess when logic fails, one acts as if they are taking the high road, don't kid yourself like you're the civilized one here, and i'm this babbling beast.  You're original post was a personal attack, and I was simply pointing out it's flaws.  

-- Games are never as fun as their hype. It's still doing the same things as 90% of the MMOs ever since EQ1 wrote the template for 3D MMOs.

-- You can't ever be that newbie again. Not Warhammer, not WoW, not AoC, or any other MMO out there claiming originality.

-- You, I, and many other people won't be satisfied until once again we can be immersed,as newbs once more, into a mysterious realm of which we know nothing.

A details signifcance is only relevent to the person in which it's effecting, so to him, yes they are minor, to you they feel like a big deal.  Get an education.

You sir, amaze me.

Get an education you say? Only relevant to the person in which it's effecting.. I agree, Hence my point is completely on point.. To me its absolutely anything but minor details.. That was the point.. it was made.. its legit.. Deal with it..

I could sit here putting disclaimers all over my posts, but frankly people who are looking for reasons to take a quick shot at another poster will do so even if disclaimers are made.

You think I need to get an education? Thats your opinion.. But for the record, its relevant not "relevent"..and significance not signifcance but those are "minor details"

I responded in another post.  Oh, and please stop talking down through your nose to people, it only makes you look more absurd.  Just because someone plays it fast and loose with their response does not make it any different from the one you did respond to.

One person responded with the exact same answer I did, but in not a shortened version.  You took this as a personal attack and decided to respond to it.  My point was to draw you out, and you took the bait and played into it.  You jumped right down to my level like it was a common event, and the best you could throw at me was my mispelled words that I had posted due to quick typing. 

Then in an almost laughable scene of events, you're little love session with zmortis is almost sickening to read, becuase it's like watching to rich people babble over how rich they are to each other.  It's pointless, and just irritating. 

You attacked the person with your original post, I was simply responding to that post.  For future reference, and for the love of god, don't act like you're better than people.  It just makes you appear a fool.

-- Games are never as fun as their hype. It's still doing the same things as 90% of the MMOs ever since EQ1 wrote the template for 3D MMOs.

-- You can't ever be that newbie again. Not Warhammer, not WoW, not AoC, or any other MMO out there claiming originality.

-- You, I, and many other people won't be satisfied until once again we can be immersed,as newbs once more, into a mysterious realm of which we know nothing.

Get an education.

You say I need to "get an education".. and I take a somewhat civil method of combating it by taking a little joke at your spelling.. Would you prefer the typical response? Maybe I can drop some F-bombs and D-bags in my replies in the future? Bottom-line is you were rude.. Telling someone they need to get an education is offensive.. I'm sure that you can see that... Also I was being literal when I said your spelling was a minor detail.. it was my nice way of saying calm down and stop taking the offensive.

Edited: This is the last response I'm going to give towards Djsmileey.. Your welcome to sit here and insult me all day, maybe you enjoy it.. but it's not worth my time.. I believe I have said what I wanted to say.. and also I appreciate some of the well thought out feedback from most people involved.. All things considered this thread has turned out very well.

Originally posted by PapaLazarou

- Classes

- Combat

- The World

That hurts.

:)

No doubt I can express a sharp opinion at times.  However, I sometimes take it as a personal challenge to draw out someone with a reasonable amount of rational capability who slips up and lets their temper momentarilly get the better of them.  Also, many times my pendantic writing style has drawn trolls who think they can draw me into a flame war, but I hold the course and continue with rational discussion as long as some measure of rational response is contained in their reply.  It may not be as immediately gratifying as a witty response, but it can definitely be more gratifying in the long run to turn a pending flame war back into a serious exchange of concepts and ideas.
    I hope this helps.

Did you mean pedantic? I wasn't sure, I have read you're post history, you've done just as much flaming as the rest of us.  Get off your high horse buddy.

*SMILES* :DDDDDD

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I really am wondering if people are just rehashing the same negative reviews.

O.K. Let's look at the criticisms in the OP...

The PVE Game:

"Not one single class has any difficulty whatsoever soloing normal class mobs, and most classes can handle champions just fine with some preparation. Heroes obviously present a problem, but it's rare to encounter them, except in PQs. Because of the ease of monster killing, questing literally becomes a chain of "run here, smash these buttons, run back."

Here, it is very evident that the reviewer didn't get very far in the game. Of course, like any MMORPG, things are pretty easy during the first few levels. People don't want additional frustrations from constant death when learning the ropes of the game.

Beyond the first three levels, the game may be a victim of too much early content. Players who chose to do the quests in a very linear fashion will indeed find the game "too easy" in tier 1. Players very quickly out level the early quests. It's easy to finish Tier 1 with over 60% of the content untouched.

If you chose to abandon the linear progression and travel down the road to the next quest hub if you find things too easy, you will find things more challenging. If you want challenge, you should be in the second map of tier one by level 6 or 7.

The only fault of the game in this regard is "too much" early content, plus a lack of UI feedback as to how tough quests are for someone of your level.

"And PQs are equally as redundant, with each one seeming exactly the same as the last. And because of the way the victory point system is currently structured, PvE counts almost for nothing anyway: the victory point reward for capturing tier objectives HEAVILY outweighs that of completing multiple quests or PQs. So why PvE? It's not a fun alternative to PvP, it's not a fun way to effectively earn victory points, and it's flat out not fun".

I find the PQs fun, assuming you have a sufficient group of people there to run them. They are an optional distraction and do offer good personal rewards. You can skip them and still have plenty of content. Or, you can focus on doing them all and need to do fewer other quests to level. Once again, it's up to you. Apparently some people don't like options.

As far as RvR victory points, it's nice that PvE offers some contribution, but RvR should always be the largest contributor in an RvR system. To me, that's a no brainer and I really don't understand the criticism.

I'm currently testing leveling a character to the Open Beta cap almost exclusively through PvE and there is plenty of PvE content. It is also at least on par with the best games in the genre.

I didn't really start to feel immersed in the game until I started to make full use of the PvE content. I think the early access to RvR is a double edged sword in this regard, but once again, players have options and can decided to play the way they want as they progress.

Scenarios:

"While sometimes scenarios can be entertaining, there is no way balancing the combat. Level or class distributions can heavily shift the inherent advantage from one team to another, and the sad fact is that on each racial front, one side does have an inherent class distribution advantage against the other".

Yes. "Luck of the draw" can have a big influence on victory. That's a side effect of a game where there are distinct differences between the classes. Another bad sign for a Scenario is when your side has a lot of lower level players. Even though the game will increase players levels if needed, the lack of skills, especially for lower level players in Tier 1, can have a large impact.

Fortunately, scenarios play fairly quick and you will still find it rewarding if you stick with it.

As far as race vs. race balance, I've had no problems with this in any racial pairings. In all three pairings I've always found the wins/losses to be fairly even over time.

"Even if you do manage to get a fairly even distribution of careers and levels for your scenario, frankly, the scenery gets boring. Since you can only queue for the single scenario for the battlefront you are in, your only Tier 1 option as an elf is to literally do Khane's Embrace over and over and over again, unless you have a friend in a different battlefront who can queue up for you. [etc... snipped]".

I agree that the game should allow you to select the other racial Scenarios easily from the start.

However, if you plan on playing in scenarios enough that you are worried about getting bored repeating the same one, it would behoove you to take the five minutes (not hundreds of miles) to run to the battle camp for your zone. These are located near the main road that leads you through the zone, near the entrance to the RvR zone for the tier.

There are flight masters at the war camps which allow quick and cheap travel to the war camps in the other pairings. This gives you very easy access to all three Scenarios for the Tier.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Get an education.

You say I need to "get an education".. and I take a somewhat civil method of combating it by taking a little joke at your spelling.. Would you prefer the typical response? Maybe I can drop some F-bombs and D-bags in my replies in the future? Bottom-line is you were rude.. Telling someone they need to get an education is offensive.. I'm sure that you can see that... Also I was being literal when I said your spelling was a minor detail.. it was my nice way of saying calm down and stop taking the offensive.

You make to many assumptions sir.  Just becuase i'm quick with the response doesn't mean that i'm at any sort of hightened emotional status.  Stop talking down, and stop talking to me as if i'm "dropping f-bombs or d-bags" lol.  I have yet to say that, and yes I did intend that "Get an education" as a rude comment, becuase your comment to the prior poster was idiotic. 

Imagine if every patient House M.D. insulted on his television show cried as much as you did.

• wuk1llerwuk1ller Member Posts: 12

To the op why are u wasting a spot in the beta for a game that you claim you don't like. Tell you what give me your beta. Cry baby sand boxer lmao

No doubt I can express a sharp opinion at times.  However, I sometimes take it as a personal challenge to draw out someone with a reasonable amount of rational capability who slips up and lets their temper momentarilly get the better of them.  Also, many times my pendantic writing style has drawn trolls who think they can draw me into a flame war, but I hold the course and continue with rational discussion as long as some measure of rational response is contained in their reply.  It may not be as immediately gratifying as a witty response, but it can definitely be more gratifying in the long run to turn a pending flame war back into a serious exchange of concepts and ideas.
    I hope this helps.

Did you mean pedantic? I wasn't sure, I have read you're post history, you've done just as much flaming as the rest of us.  Get off your high horse buddy.

It's interesting that you are trying to draw me into a series of insults.  I will stand by my posts.  They are either in humorous threads, and clearly marked as a "funny" response, or else they are a serious discussion of my admittedly opinionated view of the world.  However, I have not taken to insulting or namecalling except where the other party understood that is was in jest.  If you want to claim that having a difference of opinion is flaming someone, then you are definitely as guilty of flaming people here as I've been in any thread.  However, unlike with Jerriescids, I personally doubt you have any serious points to add to this discussion, and are merely trying to bait me into a useless argument instead of a rational discourse about the merits of WAR. 

I applaud your cleverness, you have succeeded in your goal of baiting me into your argument.  However, you are not very likely to cause me to issue insults, threats, or engage in name calling.  I will continue to sit on my high horse, and I hope that you will learn to use it as well someday.  Civil discourse can be amazing fun when all the parties learn the rules.

I hope this helps.

p.s. thank you for the correction on pedantic, I am human and as such subject to typographical and spelling errors.

Originally posted by wuk1ller

To the op why are u wasting a spot in the beta for a game that you claim you don't like. Tell you what give me your beta. Cry baby sand boxer lmao

Because we follow the industry and wanted to know what the hype was all about ?

I can think of no other reason. He's the sandboxer and I was the guy who was gonna be killed.

So a normal healthy reaction.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

...continued

Open RvR:

"While 3/4 of your realm is either hacking it out in scenarios or standing around twiddling their thumbs waiting to get into one, you and your small band of lackeys decide to scour the countryside, searching for some fresh enemy meat. Trouble is, there isn't any. Despite having spent many hours in the Tiers 1 and 2 open RvR areas, I have seen a grand total of 2 people and have effectively killed exactly one. Capturing objectives, too, is something of a joke, since there is no incentive for the enemy to defend them [etc... snipped]".

Yes, the game is currently a victim of too much to do and a lack of established guilds to direct the player dependent content. Do you expect anything else for Open Beta?

Open RvR will mostly be skirmishes and will mostly be directed by guilds or pug wa rbands that form for the purpose. However, it will get very interesting once the dynamics of realm control and capital city sieges get rolling.

Each server will require a "wake up call" where a guild organizes the steps needed to initiate a capital siege before people really wake up to the open RvR mechanics. This will become a bigger part of the game over time and is player directed.

Guilds and guild alliances will need to have members or alts in all four tiers to secure all the RvR zones. This will be a large effort with ebbs and flows.

It's impossible to judge this "end game" content based on Open Beta.

WHERE'S DA FIGHT?

"The chat system is probably the worst suited for what it needs to do that I've seen in recent history. There is no way to warn or be warned about incoming enemy attacks or the location of a nearby group of enemy soldiers. The map indicates ongoing fights, but what if there are none? If a few of my buddies and I are out riding the countryside and spot a dastardly group of our arrogant brethren--but are too vastly outnumbered to engage them--wtf do we do? Hide? Run away? Send a carrier pigeon with a greeting card to beg for mercy? The inability to call for reinforcements is sorely missed", [etc... snipped]

I agree on the chat. We definitely need better chat and alerts for RvR. However, this just highlights the need for Guilds and Guild Alliances for RvR. Building strong guilds and establishing communications between alliances will be key.

I can't stress enough, it is impossible to judge RvR until the game is live and guilds are ready to tackle end game. I have no doubt lessons will be learned and changes made where needed depending on how things play out.

This is a very ambitious game and it is some what risky to place so much responsibility on the player base. However, all the pieces are in place and I have faith that players will raise to the challenge.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

I hope this helps.

It's interesting that you are trying to draw me into a series of insults.  I will stand by my posts.  They are either in humorous threads, and clearly marked as a "funny" response, or else they are a serious discussion of my admittedly opinionated view of the world.  However, I have not taken to insulting or namecalling except where the other party understood that is was in jest.  If you want to claim that having a difference of opinion is flaming someone, then you are definitely as guilty of flaming people here as I've been in any thread.  However, unlike with Jerriescids, I personally doubt you have any serious points to add to this discussion, and are merely trying to bait me into a useless argument instead of a rational discourse about the merits of WAR. 

I applaud your cleverness, you have succeeded in your goal of baiting me into your argument.  However, you are not very likely to cause me to issue insults, threats, or engage in name calling.  I will continue to sit on my high horse, and I hope that you will learn to use it as well someday.  Civil discourse can be amazing fun when all the parties learn the rules.

I hope this helps.

p.s. thank you for the correction on pedantic, I am human and as such subject to typographical and spelling errors.

I have yet once to indicate that I had any intentions of drawing you into an insult war.  I am merely saying, that formatting your sentences into a proper, and grammatically correct manner doesn't make you any better than I am.  In that sense, get off your high horse.

As for your comment on my establishing points about warhammer, I have made plenty clear points that had very precise points  to them and made perfectly logical sense without insulting.  Just sometimes you have to consider the idea that insulting is not only more fun, but often enriches the conversation because it brings out peoples true colors. 

I told jerri he needed an education becuase he too was making assumptions and making idiotic comments to the other poster.  I played to his level, then in turn he tried to bolster his position by claiming the high road.  Sorry you can't have it both ways.

This is not an adult book club where mature conversation takes place, and regardless of how pedantic your style of writing is or becomes, it doesn't change the fact that you are the odd one out. 

• hauj0bbhauj0bb Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by Blurr

Well, I could go through and respond to each and every one of your points, but that would take forever and I'm lazy, lol. So I'm gonna point out a couple things you seem to be upset about.
    First of all, you say that in DAOC you can capture your enemy's capitol or whatever, and grab their relic and then display it, which you wish you could do in WAR. Funnily enough, you CAN actually do this. You see, there are these things WAR has called Trophies. Now I haven't really looked into them much, and I'm sure you haven't looked into them at all, but you should. For example, and Paul Barnett has said this in recent interviews, lets say you capture the enemy capital. You sack it, burn it to the ground, destroy the two unique strong points within the city, unlock the king, fight him (which is an incredible feat itself) and win. What do you get for this? Woop-de-do and wait for the city to reset? Hell no. How about you cut the king's head off and keep it? How about you can then take the head and show it off to the enemy players so you can say "Ha ha, I killed your king, I'm better than you, and I can prove it" (to quote Paul). Maybe for killing 500 High Elves in PvP you get an elf skull, and what do you do with it? You can put it on your belt. Maybe you get a Dwarf beard (read the lore) to tie to your sword to let every dwarf know you're a badass dwarf killer. Maybe you get a symbol of the Emperor to emblazen on your shoulder. There's something like 13 different spots for these trophies on each character to be filled up with various things that not only differentiate you from the next player, but also show how cool you are. There's definately lots of meat there to be looked in to.
    Also you seem to say that removing the grind is a bad thing. Honestly I think it's a good thing. If you like grind, perhaps you might try an asian game. They all love grind very much. One of the reasons I think WoW did so well is because it is easier to advance. People don't want to sit down after a long day at work and have to spend 6 hours grinding only to get half a bar towards the next level which won't actually give you anything new. That's no fun, that's a job. People want to sit down and play for a short amount of time, and feel like they've accomplished something. Or atleast made some headway.
    I feel like all of your points are either ones you haven't looked into very much, or are quite subjective. In this case, there's really nothing anyone can do if you're dead set to hate the game.

What you speak of is but a feature in WAR, not content, and not even close to being as dynamic as the relic system in DAoC.

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by richmix

It's an issue of core gameplay:
    DAoC had relics on day 1. Relics are the point in DAoC: take it, defend it, hold it for as long as you can. The longer you hold it, the more difficult it becomes. In DAoC, holding keeps in your own territory made your relic guards stronger, while capturing keeps in enemy territory made their relic guards weaker. Day 1.
    Warhammer will have capital cities on day 1. Capital city sieges are the point in WAR: take it. You can't hold it for any definite period of time--you can only take it. Holding your own keeps in Warhammer doesn't really do a whole lot; capturing enemy keeps awards victory points, renown, and experience. Day 1.
    Explain to me why the latter system is better. Please.

I'm not saying the latter system is better, I know my DAOC. But one crucial part you are forgetting is that WAR rewards you with personal trophies, where is in DAOC only one group out of the entire relic raid got credit (DAOC-NF). If you are looking for DAOC 2, this isnt it, it was never going to be as it was said from the beginning. The reason why they moved away from relics is because of the relic-realm hopping. Heaps of players had no realm pride and simply moved to the side which had the most relics. WAR doesn't have that issue and this will hopefully contribute to maintaining realm pride how it was in the early days of DAOC.

WAR design goals were: fun, limit the grind (if possible leave it out), RvR, be accesible.

Sandbox games are: heavy on grind, depth, harsh learning curve especially when pvp is involved elitist.

One thing that War design leaves entirely possible is DAOC style gank squads. You'll see guilds leading servers mark my words. Group balance and teamwork and skill > zerg.

Bottomline is you say you wanted it to be fun but in reality you wanted it be something it isnt for your set of expectations. If you merely wanted it to be fun you would be having fun.

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by memoir

Originally posted by PapaLazarou

- Classes

- Combat

- The World

That hurts.

:)

Ow my troll alert! Dont want your guildies to go and play War now do we? Just the classes statement alone makes this total nonsense. Way more classes with way more variety and depth -> WAR Linear copies of the same everywhere classes ->WoW. In the end game building your class is an art in WAR.

I have yet once to indicate that I had any intentions of drawing you into an insult war. I am merely saying, that formatting your sentences into a proper, and grammatically correct manner doesn't make you any better than I am. In that sense, get off your high horse.

As for your comment on my establishing points about warhammer, I have made plenty clear points that had very precise points to them and made perfectly logical sense without insulting. Just sometimes you have to consider the idea that insulting is not only more fun, but often enriches the conversation because it brings out peoples true colors.

I told jerri he needed an education becuase he too was making assumptions and making idiotic comments to the other poster. I played to his level, then in turn he tried to bolster his position by claiming the high road. Sorry you can't have it both ways.

This is not an adult book club where mature conversation takes place, and regardless of how pedantic your style of writing is or becomes, it doesn't change the fact that you are the odd one out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In response:

I agree that some people draw immediate satisfaction from insulting others.  I also understand that causing others to feel poorly about their self image brings a certain kind of person pleasure.  I am not that person.  I don't feel a need to denigrate another human being in order to improve how I feel about myself.  I do feel good about myself when my polite response draws someone away from using insults and brings them to use rational conversation to discuss their issues. 

As far as your intentions, I can only make speculations.  You have said both someone has a lack of education here, and that I am on a high horse here.  So far both of those statements could be reasonably taken as an insult if the reader of the statement chooses to do so.  Thus my speculation that you were trying to draw me into an insult war.   If the "get off your high horse" comment was not intended as an insult, it was certainly still used in the imperitive form, and thus an improper usage for polite discussion. 

As far as your clear points about WAR, I am not challenging that all your posts have been off topic.  However, all your posts to me have been.  I'm willing to stay off topic with you as long as I find the discussion interesting, but ultimately I believe we are both going to be matching wits for a long time if you decide to keep this up.  Fortunately for me, I do derive enjoyment from a rigourous and challenging rational conversation.

I find it somewhat interesting that you say someone can't both take the high road, and have ever used the low road.  The funny thing is you've admittedly used the low road with your "you need an education" comment to Jerriescids, but are now trying to take the high road by getting on a high horse along side me  in this conversation.  I won't make the same claim you did that someone can't have it both ways, but in light of your stance to that effect, I find it inconsistent that you don't find your own statement contradictory to your own actions.

While admittedly this is not an adult book club.  I disagree with your statement that this is not place where an adult conversation can take place.  Up to now we have been having just that, an adult conversation.  I am a bit confused by your statement that I am the "odd one out".  I really don't understand what you mean by that phrase in the context of the rest of your statements.  Perhaps you could clarify your remark.

I hope this helps.

• kaydinvkaydinv Member Posts: 208

Djsmileey is the most hypocritical person on these forums and GreenChaos is the most delusional fanboi. Had you not stated your review of the game and simply asked why the game is good, smileey would have gladly answered your query. Since you gave the game a negative review, it's a completely different story and basically comes down to you being an idiot for smileey. GreenChaos makes up whatever bullshit will help him sleep at night while he lays in the fetal position muttering, "It's not like WoW...it's not like WoW...it's not like WoW." And don't even believe for a second that he didn't read your wall of text. He likes to make up shit so he can fulfill his pseudo-intellectual needs.

Anyway the point is, if you just ignore these two, this threads discussion goes from a 2/10 to a 9/10. They never post anything worth reading, anywhere, and they constantly stop any intellectual progression in the threads they violate. It's similar to games like WoW or WAR that just hold the genre back.

If you do end up playing this game, despite your negative review of it, and you happen to fight them ingame it's comforting to know that they'll be just as bad in PvP as they are at making a point. In fact, they will probably screw over their allies just like they hurt the image of the WAR community.

• BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492

War will not be the next huge hit. War however will appeal to some and have a respectable player base. Still hate the chat system due to no one communicating. Still hate the bugs.. Sadly, played tonight for 1 hour longer and the game is starting to grow on me. Upped my AA and AF on my graphics and it did improve it , somewhat.

Even though I've complained and taken up for the game to an extent, I'm now saying it's not a bad game to stop bashing it. After enjoying some rvr action tonight, the game is what it is. That's all I will say. Some will enjoy it and some won't. I think people find the need to bash it because it was so hyped. Stop arguing about it....lol

Even though you don't care, that was my .02