Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Play Eve?

2»

Comments

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

I've found that in EVE, like in life, often what I need to know I find out by first needing to know it, then probably doing it wrong, then getting hit by what I didn't know yet, and then going back and learning it again.

Took me about the length of the (old) tutorial to 'get' basic ship control. Learning how to fit a ship properly (the mentality and thinking model you need, not exact fits)... Couple of weeks in 0.0. The rest, I'm still learning how to do, two and a half years in. Stuff keeps changing often enough that you have to continuously refresh your assumptions on how the universe works.

Now, can someone give me an exact guide how jumping, cyno fields and jump bridges work? I need to start figuring that out, and having some basic info on it would be good, rather then just going at it on trial and error basis...

• teriannaterianna Member Posts: 3

Took me about 2 months to get the hang of ship fittings and what I should be training, which, imho, is the first major hurdle.

2 years in now and still learning how to do things - how to fly my ships best, how to make money off of trading, how to command a fleet...

• eve_veteve_vet Member Posts: 3

well ;) I started EvE Online when it was beta    I didnt have a problem and lol I dont have any problems to understand stuff.

But some people  have difficult to even write there names in a register box soo I guess those people wont play eve online that loong haha.

Agents and missions I cant say that much of those in EvE I make my own stuff never liked missions sounds to creapy near quest's in games like Dark Age of Camelot and World of warcraft and those kinds of games.