Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new all time low is near.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

At 10:56AM : 11.30 Down 0.60 (5.04%)

Comments

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Just small amount of shares traded.

I assume you know what that mean;)

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

I know it makes me happy to see it drop.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

You should really educate yourself before posting. Ppl might belive what you are saying.

There are only a small amout of shares beeing sold. That means that all* of the stockholders are saying:"this company is worth more" and therefore not selling. 

*You can say all since the sellers and buyers are actually stockholders in the company.

Read the topic name again.

Going down.
    At 11:43AM : 11.20 Down 0.70 (5.88%)

edit: Why do people doubt me? It just keeps going done new record lows.
    At 12:18PM : 10.90 Down 1.00 (8.40%)

• gamer2108gamer2108 Member Posts: 203

I want to see what it does after Warhammers release, $8 or $9 a share would be good. 

War is one of the reasons its dropping so slow. Investors are uncertain of fc as more positive reports come from WAR its going to drop quicker.

• SchwoopsSchwoops Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by hobo9766

Oh man... If only you and everyone else in this post actually knew... Oh well you will figure out soon enough.

I don't want to spoil it sorry.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by Schwoops

Oh man... If only you and everyone else in this post actually knew... Oh well you will figure out soon enough.

Please enlighten us.....

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

War is one of the reasons its dropping so slow. Investors are uncertain of fc as more positive reports come from WAR its going to drop quicker.

Positive reports of WAR beta failure? haha

Sleep inducing combat FTL fanboy

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

A cryptic post written to make us all feel like Schwoops actually has some type of insight or intelligence.

Schwoop, go play your P.O.S. and leave us to our discussion.

*Edit*

Supbro, doesn't it get tiring swinging off Ellingsens "coin purse"?

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by Rebn77

A cryptic post written to make us all feel like Schwoops actually has some type of insight or intelligence.

*Edit*

I disagree. No need to hang on a coin purse when discussing WAR.

WAR is old school. When I play games, I want to see some advancement in the industry. WAR has already been done.

I was adamantly outspoken against Funcom, but there is no doubt that the overall gamplay and mechanics for AoC is 100 times better than WAR.

I just wish Funcom could realize this, and make the right moves and fix AoC quick, as I sure would rather play AoC than WAR anyday.

• NiblixNiblix Member Posts: 160

Been awhile since i read about AoC in forums, are they still in business?

Wow

Be paid for Beta Testing, don't pay to Beta Test.

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183

Come on ppl we are in an time were things are slowing down the stocks at the mo are all going down.

Don't just look at one game and thing omg the game shit look shares are dropping before looking at whats going on in the financial market.

shares all round the world are going to bits coz banks lent too much cash out and ppl cant pay it back then go bankrupt.

thats more likely why the shares have dropped

• Litigator_ABLitigator_AB Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by rock_harry

Come on ppl we are in an time were things are slowing down the stocks at the mo are all going down.
    Don't just look at one game and thing omg the game shit look shares are dropping before looking at whats going on in the financial market.
    shares all round the world are going to bits coz banks lent too much cash out and ppl cant pay it back then go bankrupt.
    thats more likely why the shares have dropped

Small companies like Funcom trade on FUNDAMENTALS.  Especially tech stocks.  There is a general market malaise that can account for 20-30% of the variance in Funcom's drop (at most) but the rest is due to Age of Conan tanking in the last 6 weeks.

And I don't use the term tank lightly. 

Funcom is 5 months away from judgement day.  It is then that you'll see Funcom trading in the mid single digits.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804
    Originally posted by supbro

Supbro, you are an absolute joke.

If you were an Indian your name would be "Walking Eagle."

I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

As for the topic, I would love to ride that rollercoaster. It is becoming more fun by the day!

STOP WHINING!

• AOCtesterAOCtester Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 431

If it goes under 10 then its really serious problems. 

The Company is already in top 10 of the biggest downfall over the last 2 months.

• Litigator_ABLitigator_AB Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by TheSheikh

Originally posted by supbro

Supbro, you are an absolute joke.

If you were an Indian your name would be "Walking Eagle."

I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

As for the topic, I would love to ride that rollercoaster. It is becoming more fun by the day!

Funcom stock has undoubtedly been hammered the last 3 months (dropping 80%) and deservedly so.  However, I compare it to watching a football or a basketball game where you already know the result.  Even though you know the result is inevitable, the ride along the way can be considerably more bumpy than you might have thought. 

Funcom's demise should mirror this...and things have been decidedly and continuously negative for the last 6 weeks.  So much so that I figure something has got to give in the next month or two, resulting in a brief bounce back for Funcom stock.  As in, I realize Age of Conan sucks, but even I didn't anticipate this type of crash.  Funcom's death can't end up being this smooth...so I'm hoping for the stock price to increase about 50% (into the 15's) before I short it again.   If not, it still made me ~50%.  I wish all my investment choices were this easy (and profitable).

Edit:  P.S. for any of you interested in making some money on small cap stocks: googlefinance Energulf Resources Inc. on the TSX Venture.  I just bought 20,000 shares at .32 cents.  For a small cap venture stock, the risk/reward is a no-brainer.  (Note: If you are a new investor do not invest in a small cap.  You also have to realize that unlike other investments you can lose ALL of your money with a small cap.  You should only sell these stocks after a find or after significant appreciation of your position.  These stocks should never be sold at a loss...the loss should always come from BANKRUPTCY.   A stock like this can depreciate 30% in a heartbeat..and if you are value oriented or risk averse you will undoubtedly sell at the wrong time.  Google "energulf resources" + "bullboard" and watch how inexperienced investors rattle on about insignificant nonsense.  That is my diligence and disclosure...but if you stick with it for 18-24 months you'll be pleasantly surprised.)

Lit

• ZigiRageZigiRage Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Litigator_AB

Funcom's demise should mirror this...and things have been decidedly and continuously negative for the last 6 weeks.  So much so that I figure something has got to give in the next month or two, resulting in a brief bounce back for Funcom stock.  As in, I realize Age of Conan sucks, but even I didn't anticipate this type of crash.  Funcom's death can't end up being this smooth...so I'm hoping for the stock price to increase about 50% (into the 15's) before I short it again.   If not, it still made me ~50%.  I wish all my investment choices were this easy (and profitable).
    Lit

Lit: Making money on bad gameplay since Age of Conan

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by openedge1

Originally posted by Rebn77

*Edit*

I disagree. No need to hang on a coin purse when discussing WAR.

WAR is old school. When I play games, I want to see some advancement in the industry. WAR has already been done.

I was adamantly outspoken against Funcom, but there is no doubt that the overall gamplay and mechanics for AoC is 100 times better than WAR.

I just wish Funcom could realize this, and make the right moves and fix AoC quick, as I sure would rather play AoC than WAR anyday.

Gameplay mechanics 100x better in AoC than WAR? Put down the crack pipe, AoC had the most dumbed down gameplay mechanics of any MMO i've played. Directional combat is poorly implemented and its use in combos adds little to nothing for gameplay depth, its DDR autoattack for christ'sake. Last time I played PvP was just a one shot fest, PvE was tank'n spank, there was little to no thought involved. When I play WAR even at the lowest lvl PvP tier the design of combat is far more involved, you actually have to think about skills to use, not just which ones arent on cooldown.

As for outdated, WoW came out just over 3 years ago last time I checked. It took the design of EQ1 a step forward; not a huge step but definately a step. WAR is very similar to WoW in terms of combat, no one is claiming that the comabt mechanics are nextgen, the RvR aspect however is (arguably). Just because a game uses the same mechanics doesn't mean its outdated. When CoD4 came out last year did you go "Wow this game is so lame, you just shot crap with a gun like in Doom." Probably not because it was dramatically different in so many ways from Doom despite being an FPS. WAR is like WoW and EQ in that you have an auto attack, numerical stats, and similar classes/skills; but to suggest the RvR design implemented in WAR has been done before is a sign of ignorance.

So please, continue to troll about WAR and how outdated and archaic it is. We all know stating something makes it sooo true, especially when you never discuss specifics on the game to support your arguments.

Lets see if a another new record low can be set today. 10.20 as of yesterday is the mark to beat.

• Any discussion about stock prices etc should be banned from these forums. Doesn't matter if it's about sell or buy recommendations.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Wycliffe
    Gameplay mechanics 100x better in AoC than WAR? Put down the crack pipe, AoC had the most dumbed down gameplay mechanics of any MMO i've played. Directional combat is poorly implemented and its use in combos adds little to nothing for gameplay depth, its DDR autoattack for christ'sake. Last time I played PvP was just a one shot fest, PvE was tank'n spank, there was little to no thought involved. When I play WAR even at the lowest lvl PvP tier the design of combat is far more involved, you actually have to think about skills to use, not just which ones arent on cooldown.
    As for outdated, WoW came out just over 3 years ago last time I checked. It took the design of EQ1 a step forward; not a huge step but definately a step. WAR is very similar to WoW in terms of combat, no one is claiming that the comabt mechanics are nextgen, the RvR aspect however is (arguably). Just because a game uses the same mechanics doesn't mean its outdated. When CoD4 came out last year did you go "Wow this game is so lame, you just shot crap with a gun like in Doom." Probably not because it was dramatically different in so many ways from Doom despite being an FPS. WAR is like WoW and EQ in that you have an auto attack, numerical stats, and similar classes/skills; but to suggest the RvR design implemented in WAR has been done before is a sign of ignorance.
    So please, continue to troll about WAR and how outdated and archaic it is. We all know stating something makes it sooo true, especially when you never discuss specifics on the game to support your arguments.

The gameplay in WAR ain't better, they have just ripped Wow almost straight off. At least AoC have some new thinking in the controls, not enough maybe but sure more than WAR.

Also Wow came out April '04, I'd say that's more than 4 years ago and it had been in development since the late 90s (97 I think, not really sure). And Blizzard ain't known for their cutting edged graphics either, Diablo 2 was 2D at a time only them and Westwood did 2D... Hell, Guildwars is from 2004 and still looks better than WAR. Blizzard is known for their brilliant concept art however and WAR ain't good enough there.

I really love the world of WAR however but I don't feel Mythic really did it justice. Warhammer fantasy roleplaying game is one of the best RPGs ever made and I have played it since the 80s. Making a mix between DAOC and Wow is not good enough.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Crusher

Any discussion about stock prices etc should be banned from these forums. Doesn't matter if it's about sell or buy recommendations.

If you feel that way, I suggest you PM the Admins with your opinion.

But, stock prices, contract details, legal details, company information and financial information are actually very important to MMO Gamers.

With single player games it is not so important.  I own a couple of SP games from long since defunct companies - and I can still play them.

But with MMOs you need the parent company to survive to keep the servers running or you need someone else to take over.

This sort of information is far more important these days, and what's more, with the majority of MMO players being over 18 and many in their 30s we are capable of digesting it.

It was financial and legal info that heralded the end of Perpetual Entertainment as an example.

Are you suggesting we ignore this information?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

Surely this stock is about to meet with the end of its fall; looks like it has been trending downward sharply but must meet with resistance pretty soon.  I wish I could remember where to find the oscillator graphs and Fibo lines and junk, then I could be a bit more certain. Just for fun im gonna say this stock will begin to trend upward again as it has surely reached bottom and selling has slowed. Good economic news will key this rally "even if it is short lived"

This discussion has been closed.