Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replying to certain posts

Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

If you want to just add a little 'lol' to someones post, you could be able to add a small box and type lol in it.

Say I was replying to someone's funny post. At the bottom of their post, I would write in my reply box: lol.

So when other people read it, it would say: Sir-Sven says: lol.

And make it so you can't put more than ten chars in the box, that way people wont add entire posts to someone elses post.

Do you get what I mean?

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    That is a pretty cool idea :)  I like it image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

As long as it doesn't affect post count or rank or anything it sounds cool.

Also there would have to be a way for us staffers to deleted an added comment from someone without having to delete the original post.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Ya, it would all be related to the master post...like small sub-post records.

We are going to be essentially re-designing most of the core elements of the forums the rest of this year - we will try to sneak this feature into that new version.  There is not much sense in adding it now because everything will change under the hood.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Hehe cool deal! I am so excited for the changes to come. It'll be like a new site!

On the surface it will be nearly the same (except for some new features like you came up with here).  But under the hood it will be drastically different and will get us ready for running our site from many parallel web servers.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Sweet! That means less bugs and faster page I'm assuming?

That is the plan image  The current forum system we have is about as fast as possible - because they were programmed to run 100% from server RAM (no db).  However - that has the inherit problem of never allowing you to run on more than one server (servers can't share their memory).  So what has basically happened is that we are pushing the current server to the limits and before we can split the load between 2-3 servers we need to re-code the forms to run from a database.

When I first built this site it was more of a "pushing the limits" kind of experiment and I never thought it would grow this big.  It is like a concept car that got pushed into production...LOL.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

lol! haha! well, good luck! ::::28::

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I like the idea. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

I never seen so much staff members in one topicimage

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• JuststartlolJuststartlol Member Posts: 15

Or you could say:

Wow thats funny, i really like it, lol!!!

which i think would count as post and be more interestin...