Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hypocrisy of Republican's

GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Daily Show skewers right wing hypocrisy following Palin nomination

David Edwards and Nick Juliano

Raw Story

Friday, Sept 5, 2008

So here's a news flash: political talking heads will say whatever they need to advance the case for their candidate and disparage the opposing candidate -- if the sky needs to be green for John McCain to get elected, Karl Rove will go on Fox News preaching to anyone who will listen about the emerald hue above.

Naturally, this should come as no surprise. But the rank hypocrisy on display over the last few weeks has been so blatant -- as conservatives backtrack from months of harping against inexperience, claims of misogyny and the evils of teen pregnancy in the wake of Sarah Palin becoming their vice presidential nominee -- that Daily Show host Jon Stewart couldn't resist a package lampooning the doublespeak Wednesday night.

First up was Rove, an analyst Stewart described as having "a head like a lump of unbaked bread dough," who appeared recently on Fox News praising Palin for her experience "as the mayor of, I think, the second largest city in Alaska" before becoming governor of the state.

Palin served six years as mayor of Wasilla, which has an estimated population around 9,000. That would make it at least the state's fourth largest city, behind Anchorage, estimated population 280,000, along with Juneau and Fairbanks, each of which have around 30,000 residents.

"Karl Rove is very impressed with Sarah Palin's experience as mayor of a city with 9,000 people in," Stewart mused. "I'm sure he was equally impressed when Tim Kaine -- former mayor of Richmond, population 200,000, former lieutenant governor of Virginia and now current Virginia governor -- was on Barack Obama's vice presidential short list."

The Daily Show goes to a clip to prove wrong that ever so sensible observation, where Rove describes Richmond as "mayor of the 105th largest city in America" -- one wonders where Wasilla falls on that particular list -- and claims an Obama/Kaine ticket would be evidence of "an intensely political choice." When confronted with this very shift earlier in the week, Rove did his best to dance around his admission that McCain's choice had been just as political.

"Karl Rove appears bitterly divided on the experience issue," Stewart mocked.

Next up was Bill O'Reilly, the scion of shouting-head TV never afraid to tell the viewer exactly what he thinks. The Fox News host adopted a rare empathetic tone in a recent segment that broached the touchy subject on Palin's pregnant, unwed 17-year-old daughter in a recent segment.

"As long as society doesn't have to support the mother, father or baby, it is a personal matter," O'Reilly said, condemning those who would "judge" Palin's family.

"Yes, Papa Bear," Stewart said. "Teen pregnancy is an issue for which judgement is personal and must be withheld."

Wouldn't you know it though, that when the pregnant teen is related to a pop star and not a GOP candidate, O'Reilly is more than ready to cast all the judgment he wants.

"Here the blame falls primarily on the parents," O'Reilly says regarding Britney Spears's sister's pregnancy, declaring them "incredible pinheads."

Stewart moves on to Dick Morris, the former Clinton White House aide turned right-wing hack who is now oh so concerned about the sexism directed at Palin, while dismissing similar misogynistic complaints from Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"Now, in Dick Morris's defense, he is a lying sack of shit," Stewart says, "McCain '08!"

This video is from Comedy Central's The Daily Show, broadcast September 3, 2008.

This is how the republicans view the world thinking people are so dumb that they don't remember what claims they make.

http://www.infowars.net/articles/September2008/050908skewers.htm

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

this thread is so ironic on so many different levels.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Hah democrats are sooo boring, republicans are sooo entertaining.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Ah the hypocrsy of pointing out others hypocrasy while ignoring your own.  American politics at it's finest.

Maybe this do nothing congress would get something done if they spent less time trying to demonism each other and more time working on actual issues.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by Venger

Ah the hypocrsy of pointing out others hypocrasy while ignoring your own.  American politics at it's finest.
    Maybe this do nothing congress would get something done if they spent less time trying to demonism each other and more time working on actual issues.

But the less they do the better WE do...  everytime THEY mess with our lives it gets worse! lol

• AldwinAldwin Member Posts: 92

I completely agree. I would like our politicians to put aside all the devisive rhetoric and actually get some work done.

You know? Work that helps the citizens of the US and the common good? After all, aren't they supposed to be public servants?

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040

You know....  Lieberman stood up and said the same thing.

Last I heard he was kicked from the party.

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Oh they get plenty done, 1900 non binding resolutions so far ... www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2007/03/more_nonbinding_resolutions.asp www.mtexpress.com/index2.php

plenty of nothing...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

This was the intended results wished for by the founding fathers.  They wanted contention not collaboration.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by jdun1

Lieberman put country first. Liberals want America to be destroy. They hate America.
    You got the liberal news media hammering Palin four days before the conventions. They try to smear her 24/7. What do you called that?
    Palin a mother of five beat up Obama and what does he do? Cry to Hillary. What a sissy.
    Palin called the liberal media out and what do they do? Whine.
    The race is over. McCain lead by 10 points in most polls. Hillary isn't going to attack Palin. She isn't going to be Obama attack dog. It's over.

Not all dem's are liberal just as not all republicians are conservative.

IMO it is time to take out the trash and show both sides that Americans are tired of them.  Unfortunitly the best choice we have is the McCain/pPalin ticket.  At the very least they took on their own party and defeated them.   Well,  Bush kinda crushed McCain into a fine powder in 2000 that shut him up or a while,  but then just look how after McCain he destroyed Gore and Kerry.  McCain is lucky to still be around tbh.

Obama I doubt will tell party leaders no.   He will just be a nice puppet and do as told.

Originally posted by grunty

This was the intended results wished for by the founding fathers.  They wanted contention not collaboration.

qfmft

If there was more contention,  things like Iraq and vietnam would not of happened.

Lieberman spoke up after the war started though.

And they wanted more contention than just two parties I personaly believe.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Yup. Democratic Congress has been the lowest since this Nation's inception. Nanci Pelosi has to be proud of that one!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

Yup. Democratic Congress has been the lowest since this Nation's inception. Nanci Pelosi has to be proud of that one!

Shhhh,  not so loud.

She might have the lights turned off.

• andeemann10andeemann10 Member Posts: 237

Lieberman put country first. Liberals want America to be destroy. They hate America.
    You got the liberal news media hammering Palin four days before the conventions. They try to smear her 24/7. What do you called that?
    Palin a mother of five beat up Obama and what does he do? Cry to Hillary. What a sissy.
    The race is over. McCain lead by 10 points in most polls. Hillary isn't going to attack Palin. She isn't going to be Obama attack dog. It's over.

Conservatives want America to be destroy. They hate America.

See? I can do it too.

------------------------------
    "Capitalism is currently working as intended."

Originally posted by andeemann10

See? I can do it too.

No no no,  you're doing it all wrong.

Liberals are really Europeans trying to take over America again.  The Republicans are trying to take over the entire world.

• andeemann10andeemann10 Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Pyrich

Originally posted by andeemann10

See? I can do it too.

No no no,  you're doing it all wrong.

Liberals are really Europeans trying to take over America again.  The Republicans are trying to take over the entire world.

The eternal struggle.

------------------------------
    "Capitalism is currently working as intended."

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Being Liberal is never haveing to be called a hypocrite.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Enigma

Congressional 'approval' ratings are bogus.  Everyone answering the poll is pissed at the OTHER states representatives...rarely their own. That is why you have re-election of incumbants hovering around 90%.

Parsing out what this rating means is an exercise in futility. In fact, if I were asked regarding my approval, I'd be slight dissatisfied because Pelosi was more concerned with her legacy as the first speaker of the house than trying to impeach that lieing criminal we have as a president.  That is why I'd throw my vote in with disapproval.  It doesn't mean I'm going to go out and vote for a Republican any time soon.

But speaking of hypocrisy, this thread highlights the basic tenor of McCain's 70+ flip-flops:  www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/flipflops

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/