Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necromancer/Ele Class Combo?

Mak-A-VeliMak-A-Veli Member Posts: 18

So, a while back when I first bought the game, I chose N/E classes for my character. I didn't do this for any particular reason except that I liked the names of them. So now that I have been playing the game a while I realized that people make class combos for certain builds for farming, running, etc. So I was just wondering if there was anything fun, or that makes money, with my N/E class combo? Thanks.

Comments

• joe182joe182 Member Posts: 3

There aren't really any decent N/E farming builds which i'm aware of, but if you change your 2nd profession to Monk, you can solo farm alot of places using a 55 build, with SS(Spiteful spirit) or SV(Spoil Victor) builds.

Also, Elementalists are good for farming, there are loads of builds which work for lots of different farming areas.

Add me in-game, and if im online i can send you a few, my name is : Shadesoul Darkblood

Joe

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i havent really tried Ele as a secondary for my Necro, Necro has better build synergy with Monk, Mesmer and Rit.
    dont sweat it! cuz if you havent done so yet, you will be able to change your secondary class.

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

For a basic comprehension of what kind of builds that are usually used for farming with Necromancers check out PvXWiki's section about it here. For great PvE builds see the general PvE section and for running go here. Although when it comes to General PvE it may be a good idea to try out builds for yourself to see what works; even if the most things work in normal mode, it's not until Hard Mode that the builds effectiveness truly shows. Regarding class combinations I would say that the most common one for farming is definitely monk secondary; and then using superior runes to lower your health to 105 or 55 health, then use Protective Spirit will reduce the total damage taken to 10 or 5 which can easily be countered by some additional health regeneration.

• the_nacksterthe_nackster Member Posts: 23

Woah woah hold it little man, I came in late on this one and boy am I sorry I did now. I too did the same thing, and yet I persevered! You can run a pretty nifty MM build with NE just throw these two glyphs in front of a standard mm build

Glyph of Lesser Energy

Glyph of Energy

Can throw around minions like crazy while saving vast amounts of energy.

Originally posted by the_nackster
    Woah woah hold it little man, I came in late on this one and boy am I sorry I did now. I too did the same thing, and yet I persevered! You can run a pretty nifty MM build with NE just throw these two glyphs in front of a standard mm build
    Glyph of Lesser Energy
    Glyph of Energy
    Can throw around minions like crazy while saving vast amounts of energy.

Energy shouldn't be very tight if you specc some points into Soul Reaping. Gaining 12 energy every time a mob die will be sufficient since the mobs should explode quickly enough.

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318

All it takes is a bit of creativity, some experience, common sense and a lot of practice. There is no such thing as a bad profession combo, nor is there any "be all end all" setup.

Feel free to have a look at the pvxwiki if you're desperate so get a feel for some builds that work well but in the end you'd be better off cooking one on your own.

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

Your secondary profession can be changed ANY time you wish to - provided you have done the related quest to unlock the secondaries. So its best to adapt when required - as long as you save your templates. :)

Normally I'd have my Ele as primary since they have a lot of energy, but as Secrom mentions, GW builds is all about creativity, and now with Hero's who accompany you as well, you can make a VERY solid team so they all compensate for pretty much any situation.

My necro hero runs around with 3x superior runes and calls forth upto level 26 minions. He easily controls an army of undead and never bothers healing them - since my 2 other primary Ele/X heroes keep healing as required. :) On larger mission teams you can slap on 2 more healer henchmen and your undead pretty much never die! :)

Here is my Olias Necro/Ritualist build: OAhlUwGE4Fii3M5qeGTg2RtLMxKY

As you can see its an interesting build - but its very customized to suit my other hero requirements.

Mighty was Vorizun grants you +15 Armor and +30 Energy. :)

Resilient Weapon is optional - I use it to get some extra oomph for my main char - choose any.

Well of Sufferring -6 degen for 31 seconds. I keep this on manual control as the Olias tends to spam this a lot and loses a lot of useful corpses this way. I only enable this for tough fights when -6 AoE degen becomes improtant.

Animate Flesh Golem is standard level 26 melee tank. Good to have.

Animate Shambling Horrors level 18 are great to have, as when they die, they get replaced by a level 16 horror - so its 2 minions within 1 corpse.

Lively was Naomei is a standard Hero spell I keep as an AoE rez in case things go badly. When all heroes have AoE rez, then you pretty much have a decent insurance cover.

Recuperation +2 regen for 31 seconds. Add that or similar AoE regen to 2 more heroes and well... yummy.    Heals non-spirit allies - so undead also count! :)

Spirit Light - standard decent heal spell. Optional.

Ofcourse, this is just a sample for you to get your creative juices flowing. :)

Regards.

Originally posted by ssnautilus
    My necro hero runs around with 3x superior runes and calls forth upto level 26 minions. He easily controls an army of undead and never bothers healing them - since my 2 other primary Ele/X heroes keep healing as required. :) On larger mission teams you can slap on 2 more healer henchmen and your undead pretty much never die! :)
    As you can see its an interesting build - but its very customized to suit my other hero requirements.

You gotta be fucking kidding me! That's 225 less health and assuming you didn't add some runes that add additional health your hero will have around 275 health. I've known elementalist foes in PvE to do 150-300 damage with one spell, not to mention that Searing Flames boss dealing 600 AoE damage - but that was just insane. However having 3 superior runes is not just asking for getting 60% DP on your hero it's also pressures your monk extremely. I suppose you've not used that hero in Hard Mode since he then would be raped by auto-attacking monsters. Just wanted to add that comment to try to avoid having too many beginners think that suicide bombing with your necromancer is a strong way to go through the campaign. Would also like to recommend the Item Spell Protective Was Kaolai which is a strong party-wide healing that's fairly cheap; probably the best of all different item spells provided.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

You're only going to get 1 lvl 26 minion at a time: Flesh Golem, and that's an elite.  You can summon a lvl 28 FG, but you need a weapon mod to do it.   So summoning "level 26 minions" is a bit of an exxageration.  You get one at a time and only if you have the elite, period.

I hardly ever play an MM anymore.  I let my heroes do that (Olias, Master of Whispers, Livia).  i prefer to play an N/Me: Curses/Domination.  Make yourself a Curse+Dom build with Spiteful Spirit (elite), Barbs, Mark of pain, Empathy, and a coupld of interrupts (Power Spike/Power Leak) and you'll blow through just about everything in the game.  Team this build with a couple of warriors, an assassin, and an MM, and you'll be good to go.

The only build better is Me/N because of Fast-Casting.  10 points in fast-casting cuts cast-time in half for all the Necro curses.

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373
    Originally posted by Godliest

You gotta be fucking kidding me! That's 225 less health and assuming you didn't add some runes that add additional health your hero will have around 275 health. I've known elementalist foes in PvE to do 150-300 damage with one spell, not to mention that Searing Flames boss dealing 600 AoE damage - but that was just insane. However having 3 superior runes is not just asking for getting 60% DP on your hero it's also pressures your monk extremely. I suppose you've not used that hero in Hard Mode since he then would be raped by auto-attacking monsters. Just wanted to add that comment to try to avoid having too many beginners think that suicide bombing with your necromancer is a strong way to go through the campaign. Would also like to recommend the Item Spell Protective Was Kaolai which is a strong party-wide healing that's fairly cheap; probably the best of all different item spells provided.

While what you state is true - and shouldnt be toyed with by newcomers to GW, you dont know what my other HERO's builds are,and how they can compensate for ONE hero's lack of health.

Keep in mind, Olias is a HERO, and not my personal MAIN character - who also has a custom build for ensuring certain duties within my team of 4.

80% of the time, I can just stand and afk while my 3 heroes wipe them all out so I am confident in my builds atm. Ofcourse there is ALWAYS room for tweaking, and thats why GW is fun to play.

While what you state is true - and shouldnt be toyed with by newcomers to GW, you dont know what my other HERO's builds are,and how they can compensate for ONE hero's lack of health. image
    Keep in mind, Olias is a HERO, and not my personal MAIN character - who also has a custom build for ensuring certain duties within my team of 4.
    80% of the time, I can just stand and afk while my 3 heroes wipe them all out so I am confident in my builds atm. Ofcourse there is ALWAYS room for tweaking, and thats why GW is fun to play.

The thing is that minimizing the amount of time and energy wasted on healing is better than the minor amount of additional support the three superior runes provide. I use a team using only one monk, and one hybrid - in HM. If my heroes would have three superiors I should need to use three monks and lots of additional support to keep them alive, and that means lowering my damage output. But it's hard to fail in NM, I just wanted to reduce the chance of seeing 55 heroes running around everywhere and blowing up.