Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the grind like now?

zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I remember reading on the new update that they increased the xp or something, how much easier is it to level? Because when I played the main turn off was the level grind. Like has it changed that much?

Comments

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

at 47 i can get 1 lvl an hour or better, so yeah it has gotten a good bit better

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

its good for a day or 2 of grinding, and 2-4 levels. If you do raid bosses, its a steady rate of XP, although its not as fast as grinding. All in all it is much faster leveling.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

It took me 2 months to get to level 20 including open beta back then... There are guides that show how to do it in 4-15 monsters now.. High level grinding is still pretty intense compared to other MMOs but it got a LOT better for generally everyone it seems. From levels 30-40, I just pop in once a day and do a kamaloka and can get around 50% in like 20-30 minutes of just a raid.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by Greatness

It took me 2 months to get to level 20 including open beta back then... There are guides that show how to do it in 4-15 monsters now.. High level grinding is still pretty intense compared to other MMOs but it got a LOT better for generally everyone it seems. From levels 30-40, I just pop in once a day and do a kamaloka and can get around 50% in like 20-30 minutes of just a raid.

4-15 monsters? lol.. anyways newbie buffs last till lvl 62 which is a big plus imo. I went from 1 to 35 in 2 weeks last time i played retail (Hellbound) so if you can get that xp even 3 times faster with the new vitality system.. go figure

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Yup 4-15 monsters, there were guides of in the Chronicle 1 section of the forums in lineage2.com but they took that away. the 15 monster one, check out l2vault.ign.com for them.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• xxxxiangxxxxxxxxiangxxxx Member Posts: 29

No more hard grind until 60+

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

1-60 in a month easily now.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by SgtFrog
    1-60 in a month easily now.
    That was easily done as far back as C5 (when I leveled to A Grade on my first toon).

For my sub, I did 40-62 in like 4 days with a buffer.

These days people are talking about getting from 1 to 40 in 4-15 mobs, and there are newbie buffs up to level 62. I reckon it's possible to do 1-70 in a month easily if your playtimes aren't shabby.

Playtimes are the most important aspect to leveling speed in this game, followed by buffs, and followed by what class you choose.

Vitality will not allow you to surpass the leveling speed of a player with a substantial playtime advantage over you, in fact you won't even come close. And working to keep the vitality up will only get you further behind. This game (like all Asian-style MMOs) has always been about who can invest the most amount of time and money (through extra accounts) into advancing their character, and will remain so.

But 1-60 in a month was more than doable before the Vitality. With the Vitality and new herbs, and the fast 1-40 tricks, it is possible to do 1-75 in a month easy if you have good playtimes and at least 1 buffer at or above your level, depending on class (Nukers, Archers, Tyrant, Bishop [Rechargeable in Inquisitor, Zerk1, Acu2, Holy Weapon] are some classes that will level very fast).

1-40 was always a 3-4 day Gig though, with a buffer. Because you could do 1-20 in a day and 20-40 in 2-3 days with a raid group just doing raid bosses.

of course vitality will not out pace your no-lifers, but it is more casual friendly.  I can go out with my wife and just duo on some mobs and gain 1 lvl in less than an hour, and call it quits.  That was not really possible before by just duoing. 

Gracia was aimed more at the casual folks, you know, the ones with lives.  It does not really help the mega grinders since the vitality only goes back up when you are logged out (about 1 bar per 8 hours)

• UbahNecroUbahNecro Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by xephonics
    of course vitality will not out pace your no-lifers, but it is more casual friendly.  I can go out with my wife and just duo on some mobs and gain 1 lvl in less than an hour, and call it quits.  That was not really possible before by just duoing. 
    Gracia was aimed more at the casual folks, you know, the ones with lives.  It does not really help the mega grinders since the vitality only goes back up when you are logged out (about 1 bar per 8 hours)

I probably have more sex than you do, go to more movies than you do, and eat out more than you do.

Please don't call me a no-lifer.

Trying to be witty just makes you look full of fail...

Thank you, please try again.

Lol did i say ubahnecro is a no-lifer?

I said vitality works well for casuals and sucks for no-lifers.  If you automatically think that I'm saying you are a no-life then it would be easy to assume that you are.

I'm not trying to be witty at all, just stating the fact that vitality is not meant for hard-core grinders.

And gratz on all the sex and movies, I am very happy for you.  I am sure everyone else is happy for you as well :)

Lol did i say ubahnecro is a no-lifer?
    I said vitality works well for casuals and sucks for no-lifers.  If you automatically think that I'm saying you are a no-life then it would be easy to assume that you are.
    I'm not trying to be witty at all, just stating the fact that vitality is not meant for hard-core grinders.
    And gratz on all the sex and movies, I am very happy for you.  I am sure everyone else is happy for you as well :)

to be honest the vetality system sucks.

i worked hard for my charecter now people can get there in a few months.

i hope they open a non vetality system server.

on average i only play l2 3 hours max if i have college or work. i really did not mind the slow levelling. never felt like i needed to rush.

if you think that you have to have no life not level in l2 then your very foolish.

• BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by UbahNecro

I probably have more sex than you do, go to more movies than you do, and eat out more than you do.

That was the worst post I've ever seen on mmorpg forums. Why? Because he thought you were directing your thoughts towards him, LOL. I lol'ed a little. Anyways, just wondering if anyone plays any private servers? or is that hush hush...lol. Just wondering.

Originally posted by xfrozenx

That was the worst post I've ever seen on mmorpg forums. Why? Because he thought you were directing your thoughts towards him, LOL. I lol'ed a little. Anyways, just wondering if anyone plays any private servers? or is that hush hush...lol. Just wondering.

no...

i hate private servers.

i really hate people who play on private servers...

no...

i hate private servers.

i really hate people who play on private servers...

I don't....*runs away* LOL

I SAID it is good/designed for casual players, and not hard-core grinders.  I'm sorry that you hate it, but it is one thing that might help L2 survive better, and actually have a workable population.  It sucks that you take a hit because you had to work harder than new people, but that is the evolution of most mmorpgs, very few stay the same overtime.

I never said you could not lvl  if you were not a no-lifer, PLEASE show me where I said that, so I can recant it.

I SAID it is good/designed for casual players, and not hard-core grinders.  I'm sorry that you hate it, but it is one thing that might help L2 survive better, and actually have a workable population.  It sucks that you take a hit because you had to work harder than new people, but that is the evolution of most mmorpgs, very few stay the same overtime.

I never said you could not lvl  if you were not a no-lifer, PLEASE show me where I said that, so I can recant it.

@xf...yes u better run muhahahahaha

@xep. its not what you said its the way you said it WAHHHHHWAHHHHH

yes. i may have to leave l2 for ff again or mybe the orginal lineage 1 . :)

as after a few day of WAR i find it highly disapointing.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Well now, I don't know about you guys, but I'm impressed... 

... That is, unless he's having sex with himself, going to chick flicks, and considers McDonalds eating out.  If that's the case, disregard.

I'm disappinted with Warhammer to be honest. I wish it was better then what it is. I pre-ordered; however, will probably only play for the free month. Unless some big changes come. Over the weekend I'm playing Lineage 2 with my uncle. =)

I'm disappinted with Warhammer to be honest. I wish it was better then what it is. I pre-ordered; however, will probably only play for the free month. Unless some big changes come. Over the weekend I'm playing Lineage 2 with my uncle. =)

better not be a p server

lol why would you care, you are probably leaving anyways :P

So by saying vitality was geared towards casuals and not grinders, and that grinders would still lvl faster, I am somehow saying that you can ONLY lvl if you have no life?  Wow, I did not know that, thanks for explaining what I meant to me.

Whatever, you can think what you want, I'm still having fun in L2 and that is all that matters.

GL in finding a game you like, I know Rohan might have the grind factor you like, it rivals pre-C6 L2 for grind.