Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior, Sameet, To Leave STO Community

I was a vocal member of the community since the days of PE. I did my best to argue for truth and accountability, coming down hard on PE and STO-NET for dropping ship interiors and other game aspects.

I endured a lot of bans and warnings for that.

I was recently banned from the official forums. As recently I authored several threads about the graphics.

The game is years away. It could be at least 3 years.

I have a life, and I don't want to get involved with a game that far away and where the community activitiy is kinda low.

I look forward to that day when I can play STO. Until then, God Speed. I may rejoin at a much later time. I think Cryptic Studios has an opportuntiy to make a great MMO, as long as they polish up the graphics, make sure gameplay is not too console-driven meaning simplistic, and the gameplay is fun and engaging.

Comments

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

Dude, you got banned for being a troll and a spammer.

Quite a few of us tried to keep things civil, on topic, and hyperbole-free. Apparently, that wasn't good enough for you. When things didn't go your way, you'd launch into ad hominem and drama-laden antics, then threaten to start a new thread to repeat the cycle all over again.

Honestly bro, you need to lighten up, calm down, and learn a better, more reasoned approach to expressing yourself. You are not the center of the universe. Try to develop some consideration for others and be less antagonistic.

• KaiserjagerKaiserjager Member Posts: 100

Eh, with all due respect to OP, all caps titled topics posted in batches on this forum didn't really help either.

I will confess it did strike me as spamming.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

Originally posted by warrior41

I was a vocal member of the community since the days of PE. I did my best to argue for truth and accountability, coming down hard on PE and STO-NET for dropping ship interiors and other game aspects.
    I was recently banned from the official forums. As recently I authored several threads about the graphics.
    I have a life, and I don't want to get involved with a game that far away and where the community activitiy is kinda low.
    I look forward to that day when I can play STO. Until then, God Speed. I may rejoin at a much later time. I think Cryptic Studios has an opportuntiy to make a great MMO, as long as they polish up the graphics, make sure gameplay is not too console-driven meaning simplistic, and the gameplay is fun and engaging.

Wow… narcissistic much? What’s with the thread title like AP is breaking some important news? Did you honestly think that your announcement would send shockwaves through the community? If so… Dude run don’t walk to the nearest therapist.

I say good riddance, Cryptic is not cozying up to the old guard of STO.net, despite your allusions to the contrary, they just have no time for non-sequiter spamfest.

• Surely I'm not the only person here who couldn't care less...

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by warrior41

I too have ideas in regards to things they could do to make it entertaining but I am excited for the fans of Star Trek and Cryptic and Sci Fi in general amyway. That has always been the funny thing about us mmo players,we tend to get way too caught up in all of this back seat driving the desire to see them put together something great is understandable but let them make the game, if it's not your cup of tea you move on. Why do we as a community feel the need to do the jobs of those who bring us our entertainment? I can almost see the point of view some people take when things go bad with a game and they make the excuse that "the community messed things up". I hate to see anyone not take an active interest in something they say they have a strong interest in as you say you have had in this game but if you can't accept that the "company" makes the game maybe it is for the best for you.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• GraffGraff Member Posts: 83

This guy and his multiple accounts was always one of the worst trolls and trouble causers, good riddance.

• arkady09arkady09 Member Posts: 245

I hate how people who have strong opinions and voice them get condemned as trolls.  I, for one, will miss you Warrior, though I have just joined the STO forums.  If, however, it is true that STO is 3 years away, I think that is a good thing, not a bad thing.  They SHOULD invest a lot of time and money into a game that has SUCH TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL.  Anything less would be a copout and will crash and burn in the first 3 months, like Age of Conan.

• WikkedbowtieWikkedbowtie Member Posts: 494

I just love how in the same post he says he has decided to leave the community and then says he was banned. I guess thats a good reason to leave.

There is a difference between being passionate and being a troll. This guy was a troll.

• Blackstaff42Blackstaff42 Member Posts: 17

No wonder why we dont' get tons of I hate the graphics per day. Thank you ST:O devs

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

People who announce they are leaving online forums, as if to imply their anonymous online voices are somehow more important than anyone else, are really sad.

It smacks of someone who was always seeking attention and didn't get enough of it.

Just sayin'.  /shrug

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

just out of mild curiosity does anyone actually care?

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I think one guy posted he did.  I don't.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

i care, i miss all the caps lock topics =(

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

To be quite honest......the internet forums is the only way the masses can vocally heard about things. In gaming usually if there is a huge uproar in community forums that should say something. Look what happened to AoC. The forums were a blaze months ago and the game has dropped subscribers and they have already re-placed the game director......mind you the game is less than year old.