Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

money lending

murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

So i logged back on runescape yesterday to see how it was going and i had an idea. Money lending, so this is how its goes. You can only lend certain amounts of money depneding on qp/cb level. There will be a time limit in which you'll have to pay it back and if you can't, you go into debt with the bank, any item you put in the bank will be sold to the bank (for it's value) and the bank regains its money. After the time limit the loaner will get all his money back but any money that the loanee doesn't have goes into debt TO the runescape bank. The consequences are harsh and there is only a certain amount of debt you can go into so you cant spend too much . Also you could introduce a interest rate if you want on how much money loaned. I can't post on forums because im nt a member atm but what do you guys think could it work? And it would solve a few problems when you wanna help a friend or some noobs out.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

Comments

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

If you have to pay it back anyway, just save up to buy the whatever rather than going into dept, forgeting about it, and deposit some rune plate just to have it turned into coins.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Well, actually, if you were to make this like a real lending system, you would either need:

1. To have collateral, such as putting up said rune plate to be sold @ market price to pay for the debt if unpaid in the amount of time given.

2. Let you keep all items, but the debt would be paid off by sending all the drops you get as coins to the other player you are in debt to. Because this would need the other player to wait to get their cash back,  it would be with interest.

Number two is a much better option than number one, but if a player were to take out a huge loan, lose it all, then quit, this would cause a problem, much like today's bankruptcy crisis. So as cool as this would be, it would be like trying to fix real-world economics to implement it into a game. Since Jagex would rather destroy the econemy than fix it, I see no way this could ever be added as a game feature. Many people would complain about number one, I'm pretty sure, so that nixes that idea as well. Oh well.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Money lending could never work. What happens when your account gets hacked and some punk kid drops all of your items  and cash and laughs about it because they thought it was fun? What happens when there is 0 items in bank or inventory to pay it back?  What happnes if you log out and never play the game again? I don't see any way to ensure that the loans are paid back unless items worth the full amount of the loan are put up front  and kept and they are taken permanantly if the loan is not paid back. Besides with items changing in value what if they drop below value of the loan before it is paid off?  I just don't see how a system like this could work in this type of environment.

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Money lending could never work. What happens when your account gets hacked and some punk kid drops all of your items  and cash and laughs about it because they thought it was fun? What happens when there is 0 items in bank or inventory to pay it back?  What happnes if you log out and never play the game again? I don't see any way to ensure that the loans are paid back unless items worth the full amount of the loan are put up front  and kept and they are taken permanantly if the loan is not paid back. Besides with items changing in value what if they drop below value of the loan before it is paid off?  I just don't see how a system like this could work in this type of environment.

The runescape bank pays it off immediately but you have to pay back the bank any debt, so the lnedr doesnt loose any money.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by murdera2k6

The runescape bank pays it off immediately but you have to pay back the bank any debt, so the lnedr doesnt loose any money.

yes but what if the borrower does not pay back the loan? What if their account  gets hacked or locked and prevents them from doing so? There are so many things that can go wrong with this .. lol

Lol, that's basically what I said but I did it improperly. Thanks for clarifying =P

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

yes but what if the borrower does not pay back the loan? What if their account  gets hacked or locked and prevents them from doing so? There are so many things that can go wrong with this .. lol

But if the borrower doesn't pay back the loan due to circumstances out of his control e.g. hacking as you said no one looses out (except for the bank but that doesn't effect the community).

But if the borrower doesn't pay back the loan due to circumstances out of his control e.g. hacking as you said no one looses out (except for the bank but that doesn't effect the community).

Yeah, many people would lose out because you can make things with the money, give those items to someone else, then leave the account for good, and you have 2 accounts with free extra money... It would be the end of the little remaining economy left.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

I agree with you.You couldn't have said it any better. It is basically hard to control if it was ever implemented upon the game. It basically cannot be done without increasing the factor of RWT.