Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is it that your aiming for?

playforfunplayforfun Member Posts: 5

I can see a lot of people in this fourm dislikes runescape. And as a runescape vet, i can say it have it's own ups and downs. But you have to agree, no game is perfect. But I i am not here to complain or to say that your wrong.

I am simply here to ask why do you complain about this game. What are you complaining and what are you complaining for.

Because i am a person that believes there are reasons to everything, and i feel that you have to have a reason for this too.

So i am asking here, not why do you hate runescape. But how and why are you hating runescape. Why do you suggest others not to play it and such.

Such as do you hate it because it doesn't fulfill your heart as a hard core gamer? Or does its graphic make you want to cover your eyes.

What is it that your trying to say, trying to make the developers change the game in what aspect. And simply, what do you want the other players to do?

This is your chance right now to say why and how you want for it to change.

Btw... i played runescape before for a year, i am a vartity gamer and did compair it with other games. I can say that this game have its good points and bad, but not all games are perfect, some strength is in one aspect, while weakness in other.

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Actually, all of this information was already posted in many of  the threads. Why we are upset? Because we have invested years worth or time and money into a game to have them take away everything we enjoyed about the game itself. What are we upset about?  see these threads:

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/191461

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/186136

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/191907

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/164799

....well there are many more but these  should give you the general idea.

Vets could care less about stockpiling useless pixel crap to run around dressed like a princess,  They want fun, real fun  and be able to share the fun with their friends . Jagex doesn't seem to have a clue what fun is. A game without player freedoms is not fun at all, it is more like  a prison. Some people may enjoy suffering, I for one am not one of them. If I wanted to punish myself I could turn on my rangetop and  touch the burners.. that would be less painful than playing runescape after they demolished it.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by playforfun

I can see a lot of people in this fourm dislikes runescape. And as a runescape vet, i can say it have it's own ups and downs. But you have to agree, no game is perfect. But I i am not here to complain or to say that your wrong.
    I am simply here to ask why do you complain about this game. What are you complaining and what are you complaining for.
    Because i am a person that believes there are reasons to everything, and i feel that you have to have a reason for this too.
    So i am asking here, not why do you hate runescape. But how and why are you hating runescape. Why do you suggest others not to play it and such.
    Such as do you hate it because it doesn't fulfill your heart as a hard core gamer? Or does its graphic make you want to cover your eyes.
    What is it that your trying to say, trying to make the developers change the game in what aspect. And simply, what do you want the other players to do?
    Btw... i played runescape before for a year, i am a vartity gamer and did compair it with other games. I can say that this game have its good points and bad, but not all games are perfect, some strength is in one aspect, while weakness in other.

I hate RuneScape, I really hate Jagex (there's a difference). 

The game is horrible, and I realize that now.  I played the game for years, my main source of enjoyment being the wilderness (which is why I am one of the stronger haters, this update affected me a lot).  I could never grind away on those skills (and I still can't); it's just too much grinding.  The only thing I found fun was the wilderness itself, for about 4/6 years I played I was a part of the wilderness.  Looting and getting looted, it's what I played for.

I made friends, I made enemies, many great times.  I could never stick to one account though (like I said, I couldn't take the endless grind) so I made many pures throughout the years.  Ever since level three, my pures would be in the wilderness fighting with the bronze arrows they started out with (before they added the new, worse, tutorial). 

Now, imagine playing a game for six years (first MMO here) and then it getting ruined one day...no warning, just randomly happened because of Jagex's over reactions.  Well, that's what happened; they took away the one thing I enjoyed about RS (the wilderness).

And that's why I really hate Jagex.  Their updates beginning with aiming the game towards little kids and the bad updates just continued. 

First the updates towards kids, then the RWT updates, being unprepared after the RWT, F.O.G., summoning, all of the updates they made attempting to fix the ones they made in December.  Then I finally had enough of the crap they gave; I realized the game was ruined and moved on.  I came here to express the frustration that I have towards Jagex and their updates.

Honestly, I've had it with Jagex.  Everytime their charts drop massively (like they hadve this year) it sends a message to other developers,  Don't BS your players, and if you do you will pay (or end up not getting paid).  It started with SOE, then Jagex, Funcom, the list goes on of horrible developers that treat fans and customers poorly.  We don't get heard anywhere else except for public forums, as things on the RS boards usually get deleted.

Jagex might not listen to their fans, but they listen to data; they listen to the subscription fees that they get each month.  They know they did wrong, the compete.com stats showed it, and now they are covering up.  They continue to say they have over 1million users, even though the stats have heavily decreased.  They continue to lie each interview, they continue to act like everything is okay when it really isn't.  Covering up the facts only works for so long, and it's not working anymore for Jagex.

Jagex is now failing, they are running out of ideas.  They realized that RS is dropping players much too quickly, especially a game they plan having up and running for five more years.   They have ads on their homesite (very unprofessional), they have ads for ten seconds for free to play players, making the game for kids under thirteen, they even raised the subscription fees.  All signs of how Jagex is losing cash, and unprofessional ways they are trying to get it back.

You're right, no game is perfect.  But it's a completely different story when you just go off and ruin the game, instead of actually making a bad game in the first place.  RS was a much better game last year, but their recent updates have made it worse than it was.

There are around 200k SWG vets, mabye 400k angered ex- AOC players, but there is ONE MILLION POES (pissed off ex-scapers).  While currently quiet, the POES are the largest group of an angered gamers out there (even though some people don't know they are a member of the POES..going off the stats, since one million players quit, that is larger than any other game I've heard of). 

No more BSing developers.  If RS crasheed and burned tomorrow, then oh well.  It is important to get a message out that treating your fans like crap isn't something to get away with.  

-Mike

• playforfunplayforfun Member Posts: 5

your right, jagex do sometimes (hell why not all the times) doesn't listen to players...

That's their main big flaw, You point out why people hate runescape but you didn't point out how would you want to change runescape though.

So if your the ceo of jagex, how would you change runescape then? I know your professionals from your responses so i want you know how professional is your creativity.

your right, jagex do sometimes (hell why not all the times) doesn't listen to players...
    That's their main big flaw, You point out why people hate runescape but you didn't point out how would you want to change runescape though.
    So if your the ceo of jagex, how would you change runescape then? I know your professionals from your responses so i want you know how professional is your creativity.

we already had a thread on this as well:

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/183042

Now of course on this thread I took a comical apporach to it, but I guaranteee you the game would be a hellaoflot more fun to play even if  the content I was just kidding on was added. LOL! The game would increase in numbers like has never been seen before in the industry from justa  few updates.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by deviliscious

If I wanted to punish myself I could turn on my rangetop and  touch the burners.. that would be less painful than playing runescape after they demolished it.

^^ Put in sig

Originally posted by Simiswimm

Originally posted by deviliscious

If I wanted to punish myself I could turn on my rangetop and  touch the burners.. that would be less painful than playing runescape after they demolished it.

^^ Put in sig

LOL!  I'm touched  It's soo true though ! lahahahaha

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

To put it simply, even though its been stated numerous times over and over again in other threads, is that I hope the game goes back to the way it was about 5 or 6 years ago but with better customer service.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Response:

Our complaints are not all "jibber-jabber" you know. lol. Not all complaints have the sense of negativity in them too. Most of all, not all complaints point to one aspect of the game. Learn Respect complaints of diffrent people. Try to understand. Learn to Listen.

' Idiots say: you must rant constructively'.

'Wise Man say:You must listen with constructive spirit first,then speak constructively in order to complete the rant.'

I can say, the only reason I complain is because of the poor work Jagex is doing right now. Even though I don't play, it hurts to see a game youve been playing for years end up being turned to crap. I know how you guys can say "awww, poor guy, he basically has no good computer for the new graphics" . But the truth is, the fun of the game relies little on eye candy. Anyways, Jagex has even poorly done the avatar graphics. I mean look, if you see you character on runescape right now, he/she appears to be drunk. No offense to Rs fan-boys and wanna-be mods but damn, that alone is poorly done. Yes the game has its good and bad, but the bad has outweighed the good. You may think that I speak only of negative things eh? Well the good news is, I myself used to be a fan-boy and wanna-be mod. But after hearing all the lies about Jagex, I'm left with no choice but to defend others who know the truth agaist Jagex's false claims! Now back to topic, I think the good part of the game right now thats still appeals to me is the Clan Chat. Well that's all I can think of right now. I'll try to post again later.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Matt269

To put it simply, even though its been stated numerous times over and over again in other threads, is that I hope the game goes back to the way it was about 5 or 6 years ago but with better customer service.

Amen to this! The Costumer Service of Jagex right now is bull. If they want to improve money-wise, they must learn how to treat the basic costumer with care, trust, and satisfaction.