Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Vets need a game!

murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

Sorry for nicking the title mike from we vets need a name but i think it just suited it well. So i was tempted once again to back to runescape (as in subscribe) this crazy notion is still sticking in my head but a little voice in ma head tells me dont be stupid they'll let you down again. So rather than going back to runescape i've been looking for similar browser based games. And guess what? there isn't a single one. I would have thought some asian company would have made an exact copy by now seen as it was so popular and i would play it even if it had an item mall because Runescape was so fun back in the day. And even better i would be a noob again and need to know the tricks of the trade, which was so fun with runescape getting all happy when you made 1k and then you figure out that 1k isn't much and when you make your first 10k (as in quickly not waiting days) you went nuts and started acting bad. When you'd done dragon slayer and could finally where rune plate even though i hung around in mithril. Trying to get some respect being lvl 55 lmfao, good days. So maybe someone has heard of a game that i havent similar to runescape hopefully? 

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

Comments

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Okay if anyone knows of a free mmo please let me know. Seriously. I have like no money now to be spending on mmos.

Oh and if you don't want to subscribe to runescape try playing the free version. However, I should warn you that it gets really boring. The only 2 things that are remotely fun are clan wars and fog. Even then ur not realy having too much fun but just a little bit for like an hour lol.

Once in a while I'll check out runescape to see if its gotten any better but I find myself doing it less and less. I am just too busy with work and school.

So yeah if anyone knows a free mmo thats not too time consuming let me know. I tried maplestory, i found it fun for like a month but now i dont log in anymore. Darn patches take too long to download and there isnt much to do on there anymore besides grind.

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

i dont mind if its time consuming to be honest as long as its fun. The current PvP just doesnt sustain me.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Hey guys,

Try out Wurm Online.  IT has skills similiar to RS, it's browser based, you can build houses and villages, it also has plenty of skills just like RS.  The world is open, no instances, and you can see 16KM far (unlike RS where you can only see around three feet).  You can also build houses wherever you feel like it, the world is yours.

It's more like a sandbox; there are hardly any quests.  Just fight through it and join a village as soon as possible.  I think people who enjoyed it will enjoy Wurm as well.

www.wurmonline.com <------- website

nice, but what's the population like on WurmOnline?

Originally posted by murdera2k6

nice, but what's the population like on WurmOnline?

Not large...

I still recommend trying it; if you find the game isn't populated enough just don't play.  It never hurts to try.

I played Wurm but its really time consuming and not big enough population but thanks for the advice anyway mike. Its not that i dont like time consuming (runescape is heavily time consuming) but i feel like i am accomplishing something in runescape as i make sveral hundred steel bars or whatever but with WO the end product isnt that good and not good enough for me to feel good about it. Anyway, anyone got anymore ideas?

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I played Wurm...there were about 10 other people online lol. Also it isn't browser based you have to download it.

?

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Personally, I switched to Star Sonata. It has something like 200+ skills... Horrendous graphics yes, but they are fully customizable by editing the pictures in the Star Sonata program folder, you can even change how your ship looks (to you.) It is limited to level 20, then you have to pay to level further, but I enjoyed it so much I decided to pay the 30 bucks for 4 months (yes, I know, more than RuneScape, but it's worth it to me.) I am level 650 right now.

The most important thing I have to note before I start describing the game: Admins will come out in their characters and help YOU personally, by fixing whatever went wrong. They will chat with their players from time to time, and they DO have a reward policy for finding and reporting bugs (Unlike RuneScape.) In addition, I have never seen a player banned except for when they do something really bad ON PURPOSE. They very rarely mute people, and generally only do it when the person is being exceedingly racist, or a chronic spammer. Swearing is allowed, as long as you don't misspell to get around the OPTIONAL chat swear filter. Provocitive matters are sometimes a topic in all chat (so don't let your kiddies play) but the Admins do curtail it when it gets too disturbing.

Another thing: The beginning of the game is very confusing, this is to weed out the immature players who get fusterated and give up. It requires some problem solving to get out of the nexus to begin with. The nexus is sort of like the former Runescape Tutorial Island.

They will be updating graphics soon, however, unlike Jagex, they haven't neglected game features to do it. They are very slow to fix bugs generally, and the game crashes every few days (Only for about 2-5 minutes), but they do their best. They are currently trying out new server code, so it can get a bit messy. But when it's all straightened out I'm sure it will be very good and it probably won't crash at all.

In any case, there's tons of game content, the community at higher levels is excellent (You NEED to be polite to get into a good team and helpful to stay on it) and the entire game basically revolves around a cooperatave community. See a group of players you don't like? Declare war on them and destroy them. Generallly, disagreements are worked out diplomatically though. Once a group of players killed me for no reason, so they gave me an entire galaxy to play with all for myself. What other group of players do you know would do that?

All in all, the community is excellent, the gameplay is expansive, with over 50 Danger Factors, 200+ skills, and all the combat you can get your hands on. If you like to be a pacifist trader or builder, (much like in RuneScape), ally yourself with a peacful team and start building. If you get attacked, (So it's a bit risky, like the wilderness in runescape) you can fight back or resolve it peacefully.

Here's a video of some fighting: www.youtube.com/watch

That's about a medium-sized fight. Yes they can be bigger.

When you start this game: Expect to die. ALOT. It happens to everyone, even the highest leveled players, so losing items is a regular part of the game.

My Star Sonata name is "BaRR" (capitilization matters) so just private message me if you want to talk.

~ Simiswimm ~

Originally posted by AkaJetson

I played Wurm...there were about 10 other people online lol. Also it isn't browser based you have to download it.

Meh, it's only fifteen minutes.  But you're right, it is a download, but I think it's worth it.

Also, I stated the population was low (although I get the feeling you're overexxagerating when you say they had 10 people online; usually when I'm on there are around 100 people (give or take) on JK Home). 

If someone liked RS then they should like Wurm, although it is more slightly more challenging.  It's an enjoyable game, just try ignoring the low population (there's always someone to talk to, and joining a village is fun as well).

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

100 people? Man thats terrible, I play a MUD thats almost 20 years old that fields more than 100 people at any given time.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by murdera2k6

Sorry for nicking the title mike from we vets need a name but i think it just suited it well. So i was tempted once again to back to runescape (as in subscribe) this crazy notion is still sticking in my head but a little voice in ma head tells me dont be stupid they'll let you down again. So rather than going back to runescape i've been looking for similar browser based games. And guess what? there isn't a single one. I would have thought some asian company would have made an exact copy by now seen as it was so popular and i would play it even if it had an item mall because Runescape was so fun back in the day. And even better i would be a noob again and need to know the tricks of the trade, which was so fun with runescape getting all happy when you made 1k and then you figure out that 1k isn't much and when you make your first 10k (as in quickly not waiting days) you went nuts and started acting bad. When you'd done dragon slayer and could finally where rune plate even though i hung around in mithril. Trying to get some respect being lvl 55 lmfao, good days. So maybe someone has heard of a game that i havent similar to runescape hopefully? 

Wait for dark fall online, that’s what Im doing.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

I usually play RSCA, the best Runescape Classic Private Server in the world. But these days have been hectic  because I was busy writing fan fic, and helping my pals with a Pokemon Modification for Half-life 2.

HL2 and Pokemon? That's quite a mix. Mind telling me the name of this RSC private server? I can never seem to find any that work.

Originally posted by Blissey

it's hard to earn money in this game.

Maybe so, but most true RS vets started out this way...

Well good luck. Give me a PM if you're sucessfull.....lol. By the way, the exp rate is 5x faster than Runescape Standard Exp Rate so it will keep u addicted.

Originally posted by Simiswimm

it's hard to earn money in this game.

Maybe so, but most true RS vets started out this way...

Not really, everything was cheap back then so money was actually worth more. high alching has made inflation a major part of the game and has made everything super expensive.

I dont think it was cheap. Full rune was 3 million a set during the very early days, and prices of armour and weapons were alot HIGHER than today. The only thing that was significantly cheap back then were the rares.

I dont think it was cheap. Full rune was 3 million a set during the very early days, and prices of armour and weapons were alot HIGHER than today. The only thing that was significantly cheap back then were the rares.

That’s true but I was referring to raw materials and food.

Now that, I agree with. It was alot cheaper back then because of the free trade system. I remember getting things cheap and fast via general stores back in the days when I was training lesser demons at karamja island. They shouldn't have screwed with the general stores.

Now that, I agree with. It was alot cheaper back then because of the free trade system. I remember getting things cheap and fast via general stores back in the days when I was training lesser demons at karamja island. They shouldn't have screwed with the general stores.

I have so many memories training at lessers on my first main, I remember some guy was stupid and died there and me and this other guy were training there, we both rushed for his things and he got most of his Adam(which was worth a lot back then) but I got 1.2mill off it(which was a lot back then). So I won in getting more stuff, and then I invested all that money in pking gear and supplies and went pking.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

www.nodiatis.com/

Game's called Nodiatis. It's browser based. Multiple skills that you can train from trapping to magic. There are classes which affect bonuses to different combat skills. The gaphics aren't great by any standard; they're basicly pictures. After getting a level in a certain skill called "Passive Advancement", you can choose 1 skill to gain exp. automaticly. You can change the skill being trained at any time. There is pking, but once you become a pker you can never become a non-pker. I'll leave the rest of the game to you to figure out.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

• donuts185donuts185 Member Posts: 35

you can try world scape http://www.allgofree.org/rs/worldselect/.

it's like old rs i guess. you lvl up fast. i reached lvl 96 in about a month or less.. bad trhing is that once u pass lvl 100 in any stat it gets harder to lvl up. you have acess to all of runescape map. theres some codes you can use to help yourself.it is like old rs so expect the cheap crappy of  rs version2 not classic.. idk if they changed evry thing yet. they updated the game. better graphics..

Originally posted by donuts185

you can try world scape http://www.allgofree.org/rs/worldselect/.
    it's like old rs i guess. you lvl up fast. i reached lvl 96 in about a month or less.. bad trhing is that once u pass lvl 100 in any stat it gets harder to lvl up. you have acess to all of runescape map. theres some codes you can use to help yourself.it is like old rs so expect the cheap crappy of  rs version2 not classic.. idk if they changed evry thing yet. they updated the game. better graphics..

Is this an illegal private server? You could get banned for posting such here. ANYWAY

talking about free games, I think Guild Wars or any free MMORPG would be the best for people living in a recession period. You don't want to spend all your cash on monthly fees while trying to save money do you?

• InfoWarzInfoWarz Member Posts: 25

palogod,why not try the Kal Online? Many people find it as a better alternartive to rune scape. I think it is better than rs even flyff.

Link:www.kalonline.com/

wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kal_Online

There is no ignorance in fact.