Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joe Lieberman the Sellout?

GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Anyone else think Joe Lieberman is selling out? As the Chairman of Homeland Security and Obama on that committee I personally think he has a grudge VS. Obama or someone is promising his old ass somthing. Im not saying he should be all democratic but you dont run on the democratic ticket then high tail it over to the republicans next election. Just my thoughts on it.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

Anyone else think Joe Lieberman is selling out?

No. He saying what's on his mind. Takes a lot of guts to do what he did last night. A LOT of guts.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

well to each its own i guess but the man doesn't have any guts. He's just a confused old man and whats funny Both parties have ties to crazy ass preacher and or pastors. Joe just happens to have the same as McCain - John Hagee.

McCain running from the truth -  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/will-aipac-join-senator-m_b_103722.html

Joe Liberman accepting the truth - http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331075715&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Obama and his crazy ass Preacher -  http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=4443788

Why i say church is just bad.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I personally think he has a grudge VS. Obama or someone is promising his old ass somthing.

It's a grudge. Joe begged Obama to campaign for him before the '06 primary and Obama wouldn't. That is when Joe lost and became an independent.

He may become a republican after this election. It's probably his only shot at avoiding early retirement.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by DailyBuzz

I personally think he has a grudge VS. Obama or someone is promising his old ass somthing.

It's a grudge. Joe begged Obama to campaign for him before the '06 primary and Obama wouldn't. That is when Joe lost and became an independent.

He may become a republican after this election. It's probably his only shot at avoiding early retirement.

naw. If he stayed independent he'll be fine. Its his perogative if he goes republican but he's doing fine where he is right now

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Yes god forbid his isn't a sheep that does as he is told.  To bad we don't have more Liebermans.

Originally posted by Venger

Yes god forbid his isn't a sheep that does as he is told.  To bad we don't have more Liebermans.

Who said he was a sheep? Sheep are people who are actually on board with McCain Palin because they believe he will enact a better America. When in fact he will keep it the same. New legislation will still be Veto'd and nothing will change. Thats sheep if you ask me. Im not gonna say Obama is the best canidate because honestly i dont know all of his postitions and or if he would even keep to them. But what i do know is every person in here who is against obama is doing so because they don't want to see a Black Prez and when a guy who actually could do the job and do it right comes along he is all of a sudden the dark side of the force when we have already established G Dub and his McCain cronies are. Let the dark side power grip on your heads evaporate and see that nothing will change with McCain. But maybe thats what you want. And the change obama will make will prolly not be all that either and we could say that McCain would do the same but this McCain is just another Rich Guy looking for more power and he doesnt need it.

Who said he was a sheep? Sheep are people who are actually on board with McCain Palin because they believe he will enact a better America. When in fact he will keep it the same. New legislation will still be Veto'd and nothing will change. Thats sheep if you ask me. Im not gonna say Obama is the best canidate because honestly i dont know all of his postitions and or if he would even keep to them. But what i do know is every person in here who is against obama is doing so because they don't want to see a Black Prez and when a guy who actually could do the job and do it right comes along he is all of a sudden the dark side of the force when we have already established G Dub and his McCain cronies are. Let the dark side power grip on your heads evaporate and see that nothing will change with McCain. But maybe thats what you want. And the change obama will make will prolly not be all that either and we could say that McCain would do the same but this McCain is just another Rich Guy looking for more power and he doesnt need it.

Really hard to reply to something so well thought out.  I hope my sarcasism wasn't missed.

Maybe you should go look up what being a sheep is then we can have a real discussion on it.  Really hard to discuss something when someone has no grasp on the subject.

As far as people that don't vote for Obama are racist.  That is the most ignorant and racist comments I've seen.  Good job, way to succeed at being a hateful racist.

Do you really think being a fanatical left wing nut job is the best way to fight fanatical right wing nut jobs?  Is this really what are political process has become a tard off?

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Question to all the people who voted for Bush twice in a row. Did you think he would enact a better America, protect us from the evil-doers, look like a nice guy to have a beer with, or stay the course and not change America? I didn't vote for him in either election because I had a guy feeling he might not really be a conservative in the traditional sense.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Irish_RedIrish_Red Member Posts: 114

RON PAUL 2012!!!

Originally posted by Briansho

Question to all the people who voted for Bush twice in a row. Did you think he would enact a better America, protect us from the evil-doers, look like a nice guy to have a beer with, or stay the course and not change America? I didn't vote for him in either election because I had a guy feeling he might not really be a conservative in the traditional sense.

Bush got reelected because John Kerry was just as awful. So why elect a new president with same screwed up head as Bush when you can just keep Bush.

Originally posted by Irish_Red

RON PAUL 2012!!!

Hehe will he still be alive? but yeah Ron Paul 2012 why not.

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317
    Originally posted by Briansho

Why did I vote for Bush the first time? Al Gore

Why did I vote for Bush the second time? John Kerry

Obama is certainly a step in the right direction for the Democrats, but still way to left for me.  At least he's not incompitant like Gore and Kerry.  I have middle of the road views so until the Democrats can put someone in the race that is somewhat middle of the road I'll take the party that best fits my view, Republicans, even though I never like McCain, even a little bit.

member of imminst.org

Originally posted by n25philly

Why did I vote for Bush the first time? Al Gore
    Why did I vote for Bush the second time? John Kerry
    Obama is certainly a step in the right direction for the Democrats, but still way to left for me.  At least he's not incompitant like Gore and Kerry.  I have middle of the road views so until the Democrats can put someone in the race that is somewhat middle of the road I'll take the party that best fits my view, Republicans, even though I never like McCain, even a little bit.

I didn't vote the last two times, didn't like either option.

It is to bad we can't seam to get some moderate candidates.

• Question82Question82 Member Posts: 71

I see it more as Joe Lieberman feeling betrayed by his own party. So he did what he felt is right for him, which is to go it his way and to heck with the democrats. I wish more politicians acted this way instead of being led by the nose by stupid party politics. It's one of the reasons I won't be voting for the democrats.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Technically, McCain isn't rich his wife is; and his pre-nuptual agreement assures him if he ever divorces her he will be dirt poor.  I respect Liberman for going independant and spanking the ass of his democratic rival for his senate seat.  We need more independants in Washington.  More freethinkers then 94% agree with party-goers.  The more Obama's campaign grows, the more I think he was breed for the specific purpose of being the most liberal presidential candidate in history.  Its a government conspiracy to put a democrat on the ticket that 74%(half the democrat base is about 26% of voters) of the US population wouldn't vote for because he is too liberal.

• unknown22unknown22 Member Posts: 159

no.. i don't think lieberman is a sellout. he's just a human, unique like the rest of us, with his own opinions.

he has his own reasons for supporting mccain, mainly that mccain has triple the experience of obama.

personally though, i like obama better cause i'd rather have someone with fresh, good, new ideas for the country, and not someone who has lots of experience as a hardened warmonger.

war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength

big brother is watching you

Originally posted by unknown22

no.. i don't think lieberman is a sellout. he's just a human, unique like the rest of us, with his own opinions.
    he has his own reasons for supporting mccain, mainly that mccain has triple the experience of obama.
    personally though, i like obama better cause i'd rather have someone with fresh, good, new ideas for the country, and not someone who has lots of experience as a hardened warmonger.

Experiance doing what exactly? They only thing McCain has on Obama is Years. And leading a country is nothing like running a brigade or command whatever someone said earlier about the navy. Leading soldiers is easy they cant tell you no. Military experiance doesn't give you Commander and Chief experiance. Military mind is differant then the Civilian mind trust me on this one and you dont want a soldier in Office. I can't explain it so guess you wont listen to me but if war is what you like a war vet will give you that.

• unknown22unknown22 Member Posts: 159

^---- (did u miss this part?)

Experiance doing what exactly? They only thing McCain has on Obama is Years. And leading a country is nothing like running a brigade or command whatever someone said earlier about the navy. Leading soldiers is easy they cant tell you no. Military experiance doesn't give you Commander and Chief experiance. Military mind is differant then the Civilian mind trust me on this one and you dont want a soldier in Office. I can't explain it so guess you wont listen to me but if war is what you like a war vet will give you that.

my point exactly.

war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength

big brother is watching you

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Do people ever actually read these comments before posting?

member of imminst.org

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

LOL...calling McCain another 4 years of Bush is a joke.  McCain voted with Democrats more times than I can count and pissed me the hell off more times than I can count. LOL.

Last night even Bush said McCain was a pain in his ass during his speech because McCain DOES NOT go with the establishment in his voting.   Something the media made sure I knew during the last 8 years. 

John McCain, "The Maverick"  --U guys forgot that already?

Palin is just as much a Maverick,  she got her own Republicans from Alaska in hot water for unethical behavior!  now if THAT isn't change we want then you're just blindly pushing the party line.

I was not going to vote this election because of how LITTLE McCain votes with conservatives, but after i've seen Palin talk...and tonight will be a BARN BURNER!!!!....  I'm back onboard for voting .....but for HER.

As for Joe...  GREAT guy who has always stood up for truth and principle.   I didn't like that he ran with Gore, but I knew that he was a stabalizing force along side Gore and if Gore had won, Joe would have been an OUTSTANDING vice president, and someday president after Gore had events permitted.

Tonight will be a great thing to watch and see what Palin has to say to the country.  It's her time to talk boys n girls.  The media been talking their crap for 6 days now.  Watch the fireworks tonight!!!  booooom!

p.s.  My namesake "Ike" is heading to Cuba possibly as a CAT 3.  yikes!  (ike is my nickname lol)

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

This is also why Obama has lost alot of independant voters , this statement. because this is a case of doing the exact opposite of what you say. You cant preach change then hire on the good ol boy network that only will only work for you if nothing at all changes.

I was seriously leaning towards Obama this go around , until he picked Biden , picking him , to me , was a sign that his presidency will be politics as usual. You dont pick this type of person to create change , I ignored the hollow  policy arguments ( promises without any real plan) hoping that there was a plan but thinking that saying it outloud would scare congress and Obama would lose support. But this pick for VP shows me there really isnt a plan , there cant be.

Ive met Biden twice in my life , i never want there to be a 3rd time, the guy just scares me ( in case you ever read any of my posts before obama picked him you will now see why i always said a Senator from the smallest state has more influence over you than a president ever will, this guy ). I guess in my case its personal but i just cant sign on to support this ticket anymore. Look at it this way , would you vote for the democratic VP candidate if he was running for President? If not, why would you support someone who is calling on him to be the back-up? ( yes if my choice for president and not VP  was Palin or Biden , Palin wins easily , very easily.)

McCain is not the correct choice either tho , he is just the better choice from a lesser of two evils platform that US politics has become , again my opinion.

Thats 3 elections in a row where our only realistic choice is evil(D) or evil(R). You would think something would change ... maybe this time people will realize that congress is more important to us as citizens than president and actually start a movement for real change, by changing the instrument of goverment that's actually doing the things they accuse a president of doing.

I dont know after all that rambling , this is a very disturbing election for me ,

I have always valued my lack of a political party and have been independant since i was 18 years old ,never once declaring for one of the parties or the other. For the first time in my life i have to consider registering as a Republican , and this bothers me , not because i agree with them , but because i havent been given a valid choice.

So by now you are saying cry me a river right? but know this, choice is what makes America work , not having one ends everything from the way we live, to the way we play ,to the way we work. A political system that has removed choice is better known as a Dictatorship in case you are wondering why this is important( no im not predicting the end of the US in our lifetime , just that this is the first real and measurable step i have seen towards self destruction). So no matter who wins this time we are one step closer to a bad end , and no one wants to stand up and say stop.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• What's the one thing that Lieberman, McCain, and Obama have in common - the thing that unites them as a single mind...a Hive Mind?

AIPAC

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

I'm so sick of these politics, who GAS. Really it is begining to be annoying, lets just sit back and see what happens because we can't do crap about it here on the MMORPG.COM forums. Really now WTF.

Who let you in the VIP section?

Originally posted by poopypants

What's the one thing that Lieberman, McCain, and Obama have in common - the thing that unites them as a single mind...a Hive Mind?

AIPAC

U know, a little Borg collective might be a good thing in this case!!! LOL

Originally posted by Tyres100

I'm so sick of these politics, who GAS. Really it is begining to be annoying, lets just sit back and see what happens because we can't do crap about it here on the MMORPG.COM forums. Really now WTF.

I used to feel the same way, but then I decided I was not going to let myself get offended (and so I TRY lol)

Having a good discussion/debate/arguement is sometimes nerve-racking, yes.   But it's good for ppl to express themselves and share exactly how they feel...I humbly suggest THIS is why we have less postal people out there going on killing sprees.  :P