Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grind games are good? Yeah right.

2»

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

First: There cant possible be any normal thinking person that bellives grind equals skill??

Second: And there can be anyone that thinks grind equals content in a MMO?

With these two qurstions you can quickly take a MMO and see if you need skill, or if there is any real content in a MMO.

Lets try with these, EVE, WoW and DDO. Wich games are you forced to grind, and were can you choose to grind. And in what game do your player skill matter in example PvP?

My conclusion is that forced grinding is very lame = not fun!

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Originally posted by tvalentine 
    lol so your saying you could walk through an area and see hundreds of players doin there own thing? I doubt that especially for an unreal game, i think your definition of an MMORPG is as loose as a 2$ hooker.

All I said was any game can be an mmo, I used quake 2 grid as an example. To show that they turned an old multiplayer game into a massive multiplayer game. Is it a mmorpg? No, I didnt say it was. My point is not all mmo's have to be like wow. Since anygame can be turned into a mmo, you can design a mmo out of any game.

There are tons of articles on IBM's quake 2 grid mmog.....this is probably the easiest for you to understand though. CLICK THIS 

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"So for those who say they prefer grind games because it makes other players better, are not only wrong, but are trolls, seeking to create unessessary controversy for an archaic form of gaming known as grinding, after all, pac man is grinding, and so is pong...have we not moved passed this simplicity? Or should i say retardation of reality."

Without a doubt the stupidest thing I have read on this site all night.

Who are you to decide wether player X is correct? Stating that someone os wrong when they say they enjoy something you don't is assinine.

Stupidest thing all night.

and

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!