Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild West MMORPG

I wonder why this game is not on the game list?? http://wildwestmmorpg.homeip.net:4010/... Its a Wild West based MMORPG

Comments

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

I think it would be neat if there was an MMORPG in the style of Wild Arms.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

It's an item shop game disguised by the term "donation" for which you receive in-game items. I'll pass.

I am waiting on this game. http://frontier1859.com/

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781

if there was a really goo western MMO out there I would play it. I'm kind of sick of all the fantasy MMO's

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

I think a Wild West MMO would be kinda cool to tell you the truth. Have it like CoH/CoV, "good" guys versus the "bad" guys. Lots of senerios if you think about it really.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Mongo like wild, wild, west MMORPG

• geekgamergeekgamer Member Posts: 43

I checked this game out and now i see why it wasnt listed .It was long and forgoten like  pirates online-it probabley died out to quickley-(off topic-serves disney right for trying to make a mmo just for people pony  up their wallet and make em more richer) the games full of junk -just like this mmo.If you want real acton go play EVE online and forget this game-eve online has free trials givin away so go try it and forget this wild west mumbo jumbo.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by RedwoodSap

It's an item shop game disguised by the term "donation" for which you receive in-game items. I'll pass.
    I am waiting on this game. http://frontier1859.com/

I would put too much faith on a game that does not even have real in-game screen shots.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

I would play one if it was good,

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

Haha don' consider these real MMORPG's they are way to small and the old UO over head style graphics has no appeal to todays players. This is a niche market for these types of games.

I had a western MMORPG idea for years and would make the game if I had tons of money.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• WallanoWallano Member Posts: 104

yeah i would really like to play a Wild west mmorpg

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by RedwoodSap

PASS.

• karr1981karr1981 Member Posts: 59

One day it wil happen, a proper wild west MMO with;

Land grabs into the frontier

Gold mining and prospecting where you actually mine ito the surroundings, creating mines etc

player formed towns and outposts

I just need to win the UK National Lottery after a good rollover, or if we can get 10,000 to invest £1000 and form a huge consortium and fund the project ourselves :-)

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/127184

Allow me to necro a thread. Sorry about that, but this thread dredged this one out of my memory for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, and this decaying chestnut.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/80599

Ok, done now. :)

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,133

How would you create a Wild Wild West MMO? Well for starters, you would have to have a dual class system, so people could do PvE stuff while they aren't off shooting each other up. You would also have to implement a localized authority system, where good guys could only protect a certain radius of land ( town, counties, states and so on ) depending on their rank. The bad guys would have it a little harder because eventually, they would get Wanted Posters, which could lead to their arrest or even death.

Being arrested would mean not being able to play that character for a certain period of real life time ( don't want to force people to stare at bars in game ). Depending on how big or notorious the criminal, the longer the sentence. If they choose to fight their way out of a bad situation, they now become open game and can be killed. If killed they would lose a certain percentage of their in-game loot. On the other side of the coin, deputies and sheriffs can also be killed which would result some sort of in-game penalty.

You could also make PvE and PvP sides of characters independant. Possibly setting up some sort of system where you have a different player name, outfit and so forth, kind of like a second life disguise. However, like Batman and Superman or for villains too, people could eventually find out who your PvE persona is, which could be really bad.

This is just a bunch of stuff I thought up on the spur of the moment. Not all of it would be workable or necessary, but just some ideas of how to set the game up.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by karr1981

Gold mining and prospecting where you actually mine ito the surroundings, creating mines etc
    I just need to win the UK National Lottery after a good rollover, or if we can get 10,000 to invest £1000 and form a huge consortium and fund the project ourselves :-)

Either that or just piss the investors money away on blow and whores........and come out with another incomplete, incompetent MMORPG.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Originally posted by karr1981

Either that or just piss the investors money away on blow and whores........and come out with another incomplete, incompetent MMORPG.

I see you also read Brad Mcquaid's book " Guide to riches".

• BeaNo999BeaNo999 Member Posts: 63

I remember on another gaming site I used to spend time at, just after GUN was released. It was about 1 day before someone suggested, wouldn't a Western MMO be quite cool.

The general consensus between us was that it would be, 3 years later and pretty much nothing but more of the usual fantasy linear farm gear based games later and it definatley still is a very cool concept that has amazing possibilities.

Sadly it would take a company with pretty huge balls to even try it.