Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did the name "Tauren" originate in World of Warcraft?

2»

Comments

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

Originally posted by coffee

Originally posted by demolishIX

Blizzard loves to steal or to modify and claim it as their own,exemples:

Please point to a post where blizzard say they 'invented'.
    SC storyline - ripping heavily from 40k universe

Show you have no idea of the SC story. the only similarities are the Marines and the Zerg.. too races that are the staple of the sci-fi genre.  And that were around way before WH40k and SC.
    Dwarfs - their style,habits and technology - ripped heavily from warhammer universe

Just so you know Warchammer did not invent dwarf, their style, accent (always scottish?) and their technology.
    Very few ideas are original ... Diablo is quite original.

Cry me a river fanboy ... il build a bridge over it!

1.err time and time again blizzard denied their ideas are ripped off ... ofcourse that's excusable since almost all people in any industry will lie about where they got the idea.

2.Show you have no idea about SC at all,protoss,zerg ,marines ... how it went down ,dark protoss may I go on about how heavily ripped it is .Soo your saying that Zergs and Marines where invented not just way beyond SC but WH40k ... wow... being delusional to a whole new lvl.

3.Err I was talking about WARHAMMER not "Warchammer" .. and ofcourse this "Warchammer didnt invent dwarfs ... there are dwarfs living amongst us in RL.However the WARHAMMER universe took alot of inspiration from Tolkien,they took the dwarfs but adapted them and took them a notch higher by having them invent guns and flying machines before the other races.

--> TROLL HOLE --> NEXT EXIT

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Tauren originate from WC3 I believe.  Least I don't remember them from WC2/1.

As to taking ideas from other games... Blizz has always said that's their process.  Look at what has come before, what worked, what doesn't and how to improve on it to up the... wait for it... fun factor.  That's what they do.  A Blizz dev looks at an idea, concept and says does this add or take away from the fun.  Then move forward.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

You get Nature when you rearrange the letters of Tauren.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,212

Originally posted by coffee

Blizzard loves to steal or to modify and claim it as their own,exemples:

Please point to a post where blizzard say they 'invented'.
    SC storyline - ripping heavily from 40k universe

Show you have no idea of the SC story. the only similarities are the Marines and the Zerg.. too races that are the staple of the sci-fi genre.  And that were around way before WH40k and SC.
    Dwarfs - their style,habits and technology - ripped heavily from warhammer universe

Just so you know Warchammer did not invent dwarf, their style, accent (always scottish?) and their technology.
    Very few ideas are original ... Diablo is quite original.

Cry me a river fanboy ... il build a bridge over it!

1.err time and time again blizzard denied their ideas are ripped off ... ofcourse that's excusable since almost all people in any industry will lie about where they got the idea.

2.Show you have no idea about SC at all,protoss,zerg ,marines ... how it went down ,dark protoss may I go on about how heavily ripped it is .Soo your saying that Zergs and Marines where invented not just way beyond SC but WH40k ... wow... being delusional to a whole new lvl.

3.Err I was talking about WARHAMMER not "Warchammer" .. and ofcourse this "Warchammer didnt invent dwarfs ... there are dwarfs living amongst us in RL.However the WARHAMMER universe took alot of inspiration from Tolkien,they took the dwarfs but adapted them and took them a notch higher by having them invent guns and flying machines before the other races.

--> TROLL HOLE --> NEXT EXIT

I hate to tell the Warhammer Fan boys...but Warhammer stole their entire system...races...both sci fi and fantasy from GURPS.

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    Originally posted by Solude

Tauren originate from WC3 I believe.  Least I don't remember them from WC2/1.
    As to taking ideas from other games... Blizz has always said that's their process.  Look at what has come before, what worked, what doesn't and how to improve on it to up the... wait for it... fun factor.  That's what they do.  A Blizz dev looks at an idea, concept and says does this add or take away from the fun.  Then move forward.

Tauren originate in ancient Greece I believe.  But they may have stolen it from the Minoans or Egyptians. The point is none of this is really new. Everything builds on the past. Nothing is "ripped off" it's just recycled.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Trolls, haters and fanbois polluting this thread aswell I see. Anyway, Tauren is, I believe a word invented by Blizzard. It's heavilly based on myth though, as all our fantasy mmo's are. To say who invented what, forget about it. Its all copied from some myth from somewhere, dwarfes, gnomes, elfs, pixies, druids, mages, warlocks, assassins, rogues, paladins, witches, trolls, gremlins and all the other races/classes and abilities we got on our mmo's. They are all copied from some ancient history or myth.

Tolkien borrowed heavilly from scandinavian mythology, elvish being a language loosely based on finnish. But most people see him as the inventor of all this high fantasy allthough he isn't, but he deserve credit for the world he created in those 40-something years he worked on his books.

When it comes to using the tauren in this game, that is just lazy. They should atleast have named them something else, or made them different somehow. They are exactly the like it seems.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.