Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wich of the Guild Wars should i get ?

IM Curious i Dont Know wich is the best of them can some 1 tell me? =-)     

Comments

• mac579mac579 Member Posts: 34

I would start with Nightfall. It has a good story, fast leveling, heroes and inscribed weapons. Then if you move on to play with that character in Prophecies and Factions you will have a well equipped character with several lvl 20 heroes to help you through those campaigns.

I started with Prophecies, then went to Factions and Nightfall. They are both awesome, Prophecies takes more time to level and complete the story while Factions levels you at mach 3 speed and the storyline does not seem to take as long as Prophecies or Nightfall.

Bottomline, you won't go wrong with any of these games.

Playing Guild Wars (all games in franchise but mainly GWEN and Nightfall) and WoW (just returned to this great game).

Eagerly awaiting Aion, Guild Wars 2 and Wrath of the Lich King.

Have also played CoV/CoH

• Italian_CarmItalian_Carm Member Posts: 6

well u could eget the triolgy pack for 50 bucks

• KhaimenKhaimen Member Posts: 8

Yeah, if you can pick up the trilogy with all three, I would suggest that.

I thoroughly enjoyed Prophecies (haven't played the other two all the way through), but my wife and I still hop on from time to time for a change of pace.  We enjoy it still after several years.

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!
    - Emerson

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

I havent played in a while but I have heard that the population is slowly going down (naturally as the game has been out for a while) so Night Fall would be the best option as you can use your heroes if you can not find a group for something. All of them are good though and I would recommend purchasing all of them eventually, at least the first/original one...

• NobleToadNobleToad Member Posts: 4

The combo pack is the best way to go.  Each game adds additional skills to the original.

I would say that each game also makes the others easier to complete

• RexionRexion Member Posts: 25

I bought them all seperatly, and I must say when I played Prophecies back during Xmas '05, Guild Wars was at it's peak.

I think that Prophecies is the most "new-player" friendly of them all; followed by Nightfall and then Factions in last.

Why?

Prophecies was made so that people could group together and get a whole area to themselves for a quest, mobs, or farming. It had steady leveling so that you could get used to your class as you progress through Tyria.

I was "okay" with Nightfall. It is a game where you like it or you don't. When I started, I did not like it because I brought my Prophecie character to Elona. You really need to start from the beggining of the story line for Nightfall. The feature that made Nightfall a hit was the introduction of Heroes. It made soloing the game much easier. I'm not really into soloing with a bunch of NPCs. I play an online game to play with others. Also, the environment of Nightfall was constant sand. sand. sand. sand. desert. sand. I'm not into that, but that is just my opinion.

Factions had a crappy story line. The character development was not made for a new player either. You can get to level 20 in a matter of 4 hours. Just do all of Shing Jea Monestary's quests and you are set. Factions was made for PvP, not PvE. There are a few PvP-game outposts and the introduction of Alliance Battles definitly showed that Factions was pro-PvP. I do enjoy my PvP games every now and then, but ArenaNet focused so much on the PvP content that the PvE plot-line suffered.

That is just my $0.02. I liked Prophecies .

• FacesOfMuFacesOfMu Member Posts: 1

I'm firmly of the opinion that Nightfall has the most to offer of all three expansions, not least because of the great extra customization and gameplay that trainable heroes offer.

Prophecies probably has the best story arc, and Factions has a really nice setting, but definitely Nightfall seems to combine the best elements of the other two and still add more twists.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Isn't this topic from 2008? Don't they offer the all-in-one pack nowadays? You can enjoy the three of them now ;)

FacesofMu did some nice gravedigging there.