Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newcomer

GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

Well, I'm migrating through MMO space and have followed my guild to SWG.

All I have to say is ... wow.

It's old and a bit glitchy at times (Hell what game isn't?) But wow! I've only been playing a few days but I'm already engrossed in the society, the culture, and the ambiance of space.

I'm going to be trying my hand at some storytelling with my guild. We'll see how that works out, and I'll be leveling my little Mon Cal up through the ranks of Spy ^_^

If anyone is on Starsider and likes to RP look me up.

Race: Mon Calamari

Name: Ockihn Sadi

---

Live a life less ordinary.

Comments

• BlistermixBlistermix Member Posts: 40

Glad your liking it, yeah its is old, 5 years old, thats 50 in human years and a whole new species in dog years. You will have to choke down a lot of bugs and other problems but if your self motivated the game kicks ass after you hit level 90. It's the only game were I have ever topped out a toon and kept playing it as my primary toon. 

Blistermix of Bria   

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

Yea, I've been having a great time so far. I'm not the type of person who gets hung up on bugs. If there is a way around them, and they aren't just flat out game breaking then I have no problem dancing around handfuls of bugs and glitches.

Anywho, I'm enjoying my time ^_^ My guild had a great RP session last night, getting all our stories connected and making all the introductions IC. It was great :D  Such a wide range of history and features this game has to offer!

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• HastorHadronHastorHadron Member Posts: 187

Glad to hear you are liking it. I never played on that server but I heard it had a good RP community.

Space is still great.

Also, being into RP, I would suggest you find a good armorsmith/munitions guy to make u  a good weapon :)

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Kind of glad u r enjoying SWG, but be aware that the gameplay can take a serious downturn and mostly becomes mind-numbingly dull with little or no SW content(mostly no)  when u hit boss nass on Naboo:(

And u are probably going to want looted weapons rather than crafted 1's especially when u hit 90

Personally i would say the lvl 90 game sucks monkey b***s,u have 2 choices of endless collection grinding or begging for help for endless instance grinding(not exactly what i'd call fun) and this is when the bugs can become game killing.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Karahandras

Kind of glad u r enjoying SWG, but be aware that the gameplay can take a serious downturn and mostly becomes mind-numbingly dull with little or no SW content(mostly no)  when u hit boss nass on Naboo:(
    And u are probably going to want looted weapons rather than crafted 1's especially when u hit 90
    Personally i would say the lvl 90 game sucks monkey b***s,u have 2 choices of endless collection grinding or begging for help for endless instance grinding(not exactly what i'd call fun) and this is when the bugs can become game killing.

I agree, the legacy isn't exactly the most engaging content in the game, especially if you're going through it more then once.

Definetly don't want loot/reward weapons after GU5, crafted weapons are superior in all ways now.

End game content varies depending on your playstyle...instancing and collection grinding are just 2 options of what's available..

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630
    Originally posted by Karahandras

There is currently no looted weapon that is anywhere as good a quality player crafted weapon since GU5 hit. It's really not even close. I just recently leveled up an alt as a smuggler and I only did the Tatooine part of Legacy. You only have to do legacy if you really want to, I found many ways to level quickly without it.

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by Gutboy

You only have to do legacy if you really want to, I found many ways to level quickly without it.

Other than ten terminal missions a day and full on grinding what else is there?

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Good to hear you're enjoying it. If you find the UI a little awakward by it's default settings there are some pretty useful tweaks to make it a lot more comfortable to what your used to in other MMO's. Googling SWG targeting macro. So you can have a lot less hassle assinging a key for targeting nearest enemy on the ground game. Just give it a google on SWG UI tweaks.

Most people coming from other MMO's used to holdng the right mouse button to when moving and clicking on their abilites will find SWG UI very awakward. Fear not, you can tweak SWG UI to get pretty close to this.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and also pleased that you chose a MonCal for your toon.  There aren't enough MonCals around IMHO my first alt on Ahazi is a MonCal.  There was a time when MonCals were particularly a good idea for any of the three medic profs, or for the armorsmith prof, but the racial traits got nerfed to nothing in the NGE.  Ah well...

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi