Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW, even to me which I hate to say it its staying

noxielnoxiel Member Posts: 48

After my great dissapointment in games such as Vanguard, Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online (this last one is the best of the ones mentioned), including the destruction of SWG by SOE which switch me to play WoW as my full time game at that moment; or even considering Pirates of The Burning Sea which is more of a Sim MMO than an Fantasy RPG MMO, is an interesting game but dead in it traks none the less for it lacks of content and slow paced moving pace.

I hate to admit that WOW is here to stay.

I posted before saying how WoW could get busted by developers, but the current slopy-only cash driven new game developers will keep coming with crappy games for us to try. They will buildsome Hype around them and then plaff hit your face on the ground.

I'm a gamer I need diversity in my gaming experience. WoW is a good game but after 3 years, a break from it is not bad. Problem is I got to say theres nothing out there which may hamper Blizzard success. 

I'm Hoping for WAR, but even with WAR now I'm having  2nd thoughts, played Preview Weekend and is fun, great fun game experience.  Problem is  AoC was a great game at their starts and now is a pointless go here and there without substance. There are many aspects of an MMO game which make it great and I think no company is paying atention to those aspects in order to deliver a full game after the WoW gaing experience.

Comments

• oinyooinyo Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by noxiel

After my great dissapointment in games such as Vanguard, Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online (this last one is the best of the ones mentioned), including the destruction of SWG by SOE which switch me to play WoW as my full time game at that moment; or even considering Pirates of The Burning Sea which is more of a Sim MMO than an Fantasy RPG MMO, is an interesting game but dead in it traks none the less for it lacks of content and slow paced moving pace.
    I hate to admit that WOW is here to stay.
    I posted before saying how WoW could get busted by developers, but the current slopy-only cash driven new game developers will keep coming with crappy games for us to try. They will buildsome Hype around them and then plaff hit your face on the ground.
    I'm a gamer I need diversity in my gaming experience. WoW is a good game but after 3 years, a break from it is not bad. Problem is I got to say theres nothing out there which may hamper Blizzard success. 
    I'm Hoping for WAR, but even with WAR now I'm having  2nd thoughts, played Preview Weekend and is fun, great fun game experience.  Problem is  AoC was a great game at their starts and now is a pointless go here and there without substance. There are many aspects of an MMO game which make it great and I think no company is paying atention to those aspects in order to deliver a full game after the WoW gaing experience.

Be like me and wait a little while to see  what the general mindset on WAR is.

Best to play it safe then to rush in and get burnt. But... If you wait that will mean everyone will be better and stronger then you with there head start. :P Its a hard choice.

In the end I dont ever think I will leave WoW but I may play WAR if its good :D

I do in fact get bored between raids :P

• RavendasRavendas Member Posts: 19

The difference between WoW and WAR as far as i can see is the former requires you to raid "rinse and repeat"  or PVP arena " pillar hug or just rush vandar" until you have no life left to obtain obsolete items and gear that will be replaced every 6 months either through expansion or arena and the latter requires you to have fun and spend  as little time as you like to make a contribution to the overall picture and enjoy a social life and family at the same time , without having to be bothered too much about being able to compete to enjoy the game fully. :)

Ive been a fan of WoW for a long time but the tide has turned for this fed up PvP player who has a family and a life.The last few days ive logged in to Wow only to log out a few mins later with a " Can i really be bothered" train of thought.

• oinyooinyo Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Ravendas

The difference between WoW and WAR as far as i can see is the former requires you to raid "rinse and repeat"  or PVP arena " pillar hug or just rush vandar" until you have no life left to obtain obsolete items and gear that will be replaced every 6 months either through expansion or arena and the latter requires you to have fun and spend  as little time as you like to make a contribution to the overall picture and enjoy a social life and family at the same time , without having to be bothered too much about being able to compete to enjoy the game fully. :)
    Ive been a fan of WoW for a long time but the tide has turned for this fed up PvP player who has a family and a life.The last few days ive logged in to Wow only to log out a few mins later with a " Can i really be bothered" train of thought.

Here is a quote from my guild leader to me.

" You are missing to many raids. you have to quit your job or we are going to be forced to remove you from the clan "

Raids ran usually 4 pm - 8 pm on some days and 10 pm - 2 am on others.

I got kicked out of over 4 clans in the last year because I have a job and cant be on 24/7 :/

The last one I told them I would happily leave my job and play all day if he was willing to pay me the same amount my job was. :P

• crimsonskyescrimsonskyes Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by oinyo

" You are missing to many raids. you have to quit your job or we are going to be forced to remove you from the clan "

I got kicked out of over 4 clans in the last year because I have a job and cant be on 24/7 :/

The last one I told them I would happily leave my job and play all day if he was willing to pay me the same amount my job was. :P

Really cause i got all the way to BT and MT hjyal without anyone complaining about me having a job and i worked most of the time during raid times, only raiding 2 or 3 times a week i dunno what hard nose guild you were in but there are guilds out there that don't require you to be 24/7and still you can get far...... unless you don't have the skill :P

Hype is my nemesis. i will fight it til the day i die whether i take it down or it takes me down. So depressing, Yes?

• noxielnoxiel Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by oinyo

How they keep up playing all day is what make realize something got to be wrong with a game comunity when you got an answer like that from a guild leader. One can't go on doing what your suposed to in life, like a job and mantaining it, to support yourself and your family.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225

I played WoW for more than 3 years and this is the major gripe i had with the game. Everything took so damn long. I mean take a look at (heroic) Shad Labs where, if you didnt have the right group setup, the trash pulls were tougher than the bosses themselves.

As a rogue i used to see things like "LF3M DPS for Heroic Shad Labs Mage and Locks only" Now i know it wasnt the designers intent to turn an instance into a cockblock for a specific class but thats how things ended up.

I quit the game about 6 months ago due to priorities irl but i hear thier changing things for the xpack. apparently all the 5 mans in LK can be done in under an hour. I hope they use the design phylosophy of Zul Aman. Short difficult fights > 1 hour of trash mobs followed by a boss, rinse & repeat.

end of rant

• ghogielghogiel Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Obzerver
    As a rogue i used to see things like "LF3M DPS for Heroic Shad Labs Mage and Locks only" Now i know it wasnt the designers intent to turn an instance into a cockblock for a specific class but thats how things ended up.
    end of rant image

Things are actually looking great for Rogues. Check out what the Blizzard blue
    have to say about Rogues in wotlk, the thread is still very fresh from the oven. So it's a good timing that you mentioned Rogues.

Here's the summary of cool things:
    - Mutilate: No longer requires you be behind the target.
    - Relentless Strikes: Talent is too “required” and will be made more accessible. Vigor will replace its spot in the tree and a new talent will be created to fill Vigor’s spot.
    - Dagger Specialization: Renamed Close Quarters Combat, moved to tier 3.
    - Dual Wield Specialization: Moved to tier 1. Lightning Reflexes swapped locations with it and still needs a little more “oomph”.

Check out said thread for more !

If you want to know more about how rogue fare in wotlk, check out this website.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Of course WoW is here to stay.  I don't think a single MMO can take it out.  The population will have to dwindle due to a few good MMOs. 

Also, wasn't the AoC beta only in the starter area, where there was no PvP, and it was mostly solo gameplay?  Correct me if I am wrong, I never tried AoC.  War might only have a level 20 cap, but at least you can go from zone to zone.  You can also join in on the RvR, which was fun.  The way I see it, if the lowbie RvR was fun, the high level RvR should be better.  I could be completely wrong, and the game could end up garbage.  Somehow I highly doubt that, though.

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

WoW was good while it lasted but some ppl like me just cant handle it no mater what expension they release .