Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK: achievements for rading all the cities and capitols

Comments

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

Originally posted by jason_webb

Again, they have been very clever in finding a way to make existing content more relevant to the community as a whole rather than having to spend hundreds of man hours putting in new content that will only appeal to a few.
    This really doesn't change anything as it has always been possible to do these raids if people really wanted to, but with the simple addition of an 'achievement' list it actually gives people something to aim for.
    Nice one Blizz.

Raid once, get your achievement.

Few weeks later, "LF raid on Org! I need to get my achievements!"

No response.

No response.

"LFM Kara"

"OH I'LL GO! LET ME IN! I WANNA GO!"

Why wouldn't people do it again to get 20 more achievement points?  And what the hell do we get with achievement points?  I've yet to see this.

• minutemaidminutemaid Member Posts: 233

I mean, how cool is it to be able to capture a capitol city, then chop off the heads of other player statues?

And yes, in WAR, you can do exactly that.

ITS ALL ABOUT REALM PRIDE AND MAKING THE OTHER REALM LOOK STOOPID!

---------------------------
    Will play: not WAR, HELLO KITTY ONLINE!!11one

Playing: EVE

Played: EQ (+all expansions too), Asheron''s Call 2, Anarchy Online, Planet Side, EQ2, WoW (+TBC), EVE

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827
    Originally posted by greymann

Again, they have been very clever in finding a way to make existing content more relevant to the community as a whole rather than having to spend hundreds of man hours putting in new content that will only appeal to a few.
    This really doesn't change anything as it has always been possible to do these raids if people really wanted to, but with the simple addition of an 'achievement' list it actually gives people something to aim for.
    Nice one Blizz.

No response.

No response.

"LFM Kara"

Why wouldn't people do it again to get 20 more achievement points?  And what the hell do we get with achievement points?  I've yet to see this.

Why should they when there's hundreds of other achiements that don't require as much effort? I don't know what you get with achievement points either, ask the fanboy.

• akritasakritas Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by TeamFortress

In WotLK the new achievements systems awards players for killing Warchief Thrall, Lady Proudmore, King Bronzebeard.

So thats the way Blizz wants to fix world pvp ?!? LMAO.....sorry but thats just hilarious dump

And someone asked what achievemts points are good for. Well i can tell you - with achievement points you can finally measure how low your Real Life rating is...

Nice one Blizz.

No response.

No response.

"LFM Kara"

Why should they when there's hundreds of other achiements that don't require as much effort? I don't know what you get with achievement points either, ask the fanboy.

Well that's what I was thinking.  Seems like killing bosses should be more epic.  Hey all I know is this gives me a spark of hope as a wow pvper  that blizz is trying to diversify pvp.  It's probably only the beginning.  Thanks mythic.

• TeamFortressTeamFortress Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by minutemaid

I gave a couple of examples... that's all. I'm contrasting WAR to WoW's pointless gear grind. In WAR, you'll never find people doing the classic 'lets go AFK in AV to grind honour'. In WAR, you are actually fighting FOR YOUR SIDE! It doesn't matter what level you are, how good your gear is, all that matters is that your side is WINNING. THIS is the point of RvR. And the devs in charge of WAR have done an outstanding job. This is clear, since the NDA lift.

I have found already numorous reports of AFK in WAR BTW.

Both in the RvR territories as in the PQ forms.

In fact PQ encourage the AFK type of players (hit a few times and have a chance of getting the chest loot).

If I had the time I could url you the abuses being reported by Beta players, but everyone should understand this.

As for minutemaid: perhaps this thread shows you how Blizz constantly polishes and pushes the game further and further.

I am used to it now, Wow plays completely different now than say 2 years ago.

Rumours are about they 'll include something big in the expansion. So I would hold my breath if I were you.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

They can do anything and i mean anything to try and better the pvp in WOW. As long as theres a fear, stun lock, morph, etc etc it will suck IMO. i can t stand my character being unable to do a damn thing for longer then 5-10 secs. To each their own though.

I gave a couple of examples... that's all. I'm contrasting WAR to WoW's pointless gear grind. In WAR, you'll never find people doing the classic 'lets go AFK in AV to grind honour'. In WAR, you are actually fighting FOR YOUR SIDE! It doesn't matter what level you are, how good your gear is, all that matters is that your side is WINNING. THIS is the point of RvR. And the devs in charge of WAR have done an outstanding job. This is clear, since the NDA lift.

In fact PQ encourage the AFK type of players (hit a few times and have a chance of getting the chest loot).

If I had the time I could url you the abuses being reported by Beta players, but everyone should understand this.

As for minutemaid: perhaps this thread shows you how Blizz constantly polishes and pushes the game further and further.

Rumours are about they 'll include something big in the expansion. So I would hold my breath if I were you.

You will never ever hit a mob a few times and get loot in the end. It is true some farm rep this way but it will be fixed i m sure.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Nice one Blizz.

No response.

No response.

"LFM Kara"

Well that's what I was thinking.  Seems like killing bosses should be more epic.  Hey all I know is this gives me a spark of hope as a wow pvper  that blizz is trying to diversify pvp.  It's probably only the beginning.  Thanks mythic.

That's the attitude the OP should take on. WAR is helping you in your game by making Blizzard work harder. What's that? COMPETITION MAKES BETTER PRODUCTS? Why can't WoW fanboys realize this, instead of saying "WAR sucks lol don't play it lol it'll die lol just play WoW it's better lol".

Indeed Crowd Control is very lacking in WAR.

WAR: Zergfest with the bigger group being healed always on top

So sad really.

None of this matters.  Who cares if capitol raids aren't as epic as borehammer's attempt or don't even take off like we hope.  Fact is this illustrates blizzard is watching and meeting demand where it can--making pvp more attractive.  What I've hoped all along is actually happening.  Thanks Mythic.

So sad really.

Nope you re dead wrong. If you played WAR you would know it s a group that uses TEAMWORK to win , i saw it for myself 3 Order working together took out 6-7 Dest all running around with no clue what to do but what they learned from WOW. They probably got so confused without their little "I win" button.

So sad really.

CC ruins large scale RvR .... FACT.

Mythic could have EASILY implemented fear, sheep type abilities, but they didn't because those things SUCK! And if it was popular among beta, THEY WOULD HAVE IMPLEMENTED IT. But they didn't because the beta players love the WAR CC.

You DO realize that tanks in WAR = CC?

Played: EQ (+all expansions too), Asheron''s Call 2, Anarchy Online, Planet Side, EQ2, WoW (+TBC), EVE

And to the guy who just called warhammer 'bore'hammer.... you have NO idea how much fun it is ;)

I am actually glad to say you'll be missing out on the most fun you could ever have in an MMORPG to date ;)

And to the guy who just called warhammer 'bore'hammer.... you have NO idea how much fun it is ;)

I am actually glad to say you'll be missing out on the most fun you could ever have in an MMORPG to date ;)

Oh and I suppose the preview weekend just didn't give me any idea at all.  At least I had an excuse to take Friday off  /sigh

EDIT: Oh I know, the game gets magically more fun at 40.

So sad really.

Mythic could have EASILY implemented fear, sheep type abilities, but they didn't because those things SUCK! And if it was popular among beta, THEY WOULD HAVE IMPLEMENTED IT. But they didn't because the beta players love the WAR CC.

How can REACT and counter  react be ever bad in PvP???

The forums on warhammeralliance are FULL of players complaining Mythic didn't do CC properly.

It's the same as saying I like to watch soccer without control techniques.

Fan boys of games that didn't even publish yet.

WOW.

Development cost is the reason they didn't inlcude it btw.

The same reason why ALL classes use the same resources (no mana, no rage, nos energy specific resources).

How much can you CUT in development = WAR

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

So sad really.

Remind me why more options to do PVP is a bad thing. Every class in WoW has at least DPS and some CC + few classes that have healing on top of that, why is it a bad thing. Or is it bad just because WAR has more single style PVP, DPS do DPS, tank tank, only healers look somewhat promising.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Hmmm, didn't you say earlier "First off, you'll probably only get 1-2 pieces of top RvR epic gear for every time you are involved in capturing a capitol (and that's if you get lucky AND get high contribution points). So that automatically means that having uber epic gear is a LOT more meaningful and valuable, since it's so hard to get."

Now please forgive my confusion, but wouldn't that be the textbook example of a gear grind?? You have to do the same thing over and over, contributing enough to get the best gear, pretty much sound like a textbook gear grind to me!

Anyway, none of this is relevant to this thread, it is about the addition of achievements to the WoW world and i for one welcome it as a way to add a little more fun to the game.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

So sad really.

How can REACT and counter  react be ever bad in PvP???

The forums on warhammeralliance are FULL of players complaining Mythic didn't do CC properly.

It's the same as saying I like to watch soccer without control techniques.

Fan boys of games that didn't even publish yet.

WOW.

Development cost is the reason they didn't inlcude it btw.

The same reason why ALL classes use the same resources (no mana, no rage, nos energy specific resources).

How much can you CUT in development = WAR

Develoment cost, wow you re uninformed. Its because most not all but most wants it this way. If you played DAOC and realized how many people complained how it ruins so much in DAOC, they learned from that along with player feedback is why the game is not so CC centric.

Originally posted by SonofSeth

So sad really.

Remind me why more options to do PVP is a bad thing. Every class in WoW has at least DPS and some CC + few classes that have healing on top of that, why is it a bad thing. Or is it bad just because WAR has more single style PVP, DPS do DPS, tank tank, only healers look somewhat promising.

This is flawed because of CC. Any class with it uses it strictly. If you took it away from the classes that have it, just watch at how much the couldn t play their class outside of it. When an enemy is feared etc, they go through the motions of what they did a million times before. CC or players losing control over their character does not mean it s fun and more options.

• EethereanEetherean Member Posts: 94

oh look!

more proof that blizzard only steals ideas and doesn't have an original bone in the entire casts body.

way to go blizzard!!

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

I've never needed achievements to raid Stormwind or Ironforge before and I've done this many times.   These raids already happen, on some realms more than others.  What this achievement means is that the raids will occur more often than before. 

It will not add a whole new dimension to gameplay, but with one almost effortless change, Blizzard have made World PvP more likely to happen.

It's not going to satisfy those desperately waiting for WAR, but as most of us already know, WAR is going to dissapoint them anyway.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• rasmijnrasmijn Member UncommonPosts: 50

WOW. im seriously surprised how many retarded people are trying to make theire games look better.

DEAL WITH IT. SOME PPL PLAY WOW SOME OTHERS WAR> IF YOU DONT PLAY WOW SHUT THE HECK UP. IF YOU DONT PLAY WAR I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME> GO POST IN YOUR FREAKING GAME FORUM ACCORDINGLY!!!!

this fight about pvp/rvr/wow/war, is friggin retarded. just showing how meaningless and how little you know about mmo's. different gaming styels, different player styles. thats it.

tell me whats the 1st game that pleases every1. every single freaking game has flaws. wow has em, war has em, dont even get me started. all games has flaws just look up what you want to play and actually PLAY IT. go lvl or something instead of flame a thread that is actually something cool for the ppl that plays wow. for the wow players, stop flaming war so hard as well, if ur nort gonna play that, go grind ur honor and crap.

seriously......

Originally posted by Recant

It's not going to satisfy those desperately waiting for WAR, but as most of us already know, WAR is going to dissapoint them anyway.

LOL. you wish ;)

WAR is already being played in the Beta, and has dissapointed none ;)

And FYI, it won best online game at Leipzig at the Games Convention.... beat the crap outta WoW and its WotLK expansion.

So yah, back to WoW nub ;)

• rasmijnrasmijn Member UncommonPosts: 50

MInutemaid.....

Seriously dude! We all know WAR has really good features. now shusssssssh. stop being such a nub. and go play WAR instead of flaming every wow post. for some1 that does not like wow, it seems to me that your paying too much attention to it....LAWL. fanboi